Lumberton @ Central Saturday

I picked Central, but on the subject of Lumbertons weak preseason schedule....they have LOST to weaker opponents before, yet this year they've  pulled thru it, sooooooo they maybe on the rise.

Teams should prepare.

I don't believe anyone thought they would put up a score like that against Ozen.....I would prepare.....

I'll take Central by 18, 35-17.  Lumberton was impressive against Ozen, but Ozen hasn't been impressive in several years.  impressive against an unimpressive team just doesn't do it for me, and 3 close wins over decent, but not great 4A schools doesn't do it for me either.  If Lumberton pulls this one off, I'll jump on the train, but i'm far from convinced at this point.  That being said, Lumberton is certainly much improved this year, and i'm not in any way trying to downplay what they've accomplished.

Edited by bullets13

Kind of odd how so many people were picking Ozen to be in the playoffs and talking about how good they are/were and yet now that Lumberton beat them all of the sudden they are unimpressive, soft, way down, etc. could it not be that Lumberton is just good? Now Ozen is getting a beat down along with Lumberton, is the same thing going to happen if we beat Central what about PNG or any other team?

IMO, Ozen will be out for blood now. I am in no way thinking they're done.  I still think they make the playoffs, if not then just missing.

As far as PNG...we lost to WOS, we aren't all that good anyway.:)(devious face

I'm telling you, next week you guys need to be getting ready for Nederland, don't worry about L-Town. :)(even more devious face)

I'll take Central by 18, 35-17.  Lumberton was impressive against Ozen, but Ozen hasn't been impressive in several years.  impressive against an unimpressive team just doesn't do it for me, and 3 close wins over decent, but not great 4A schools doesn't do it for me either.  If Lumberton pulls this one off, I'll jump on the train, but i'm far from convinced at this point.  That being said, Lumberton is certainly much improved this year, and i'm not in any way trying to downplay what they've accomplished.

But Soulja said Ozen is "light years" better than they were last year. Ozen beat Lumberton last year 34-17 and the "light years" better Ozen team lost to Lumberton 51-29 this year.

How can you not be impressed with Lumberton beating that "light years" better Ozen team?

But Soulja said Ozen is "light years" better than they were last year. Ozen beat Lumberton last year 34-17 and the "light years" better Ozen team lost to Lumberton 51-29 this year.

How can you not be impressed with Lumberton beating that "light years" better Ozen team?

I'm almost starting to feel sorry for Soulja and Ozen.....