So.... This Donald Trump Guy..

EnlightenedMessiah

I have been saying that about Democrats in presidential elections forever. 

For example..... "I will close Gitmo immediately". 

"I will never raise taxes a single cent and it won't be by calling it a fee or anything else". 

........ and so on.

I know this may come as a shock that politicians say things they believe their base wants to hear. 

If Congress told a dem president do as you wish. I'm sure they'll do some liberal thing. With trump he's screaming conservative this and that with ideas closet to Obama than ragean. And nobody seem to care.

My biggest issue with Trump is his negative comment about Heidi Klum's looks.  At 42, she's still way hotter than any of his multitude of wives...  

I can forgive that lapse in judgment though.  After all, all of his wives were better looking than any of my man Clinton's women...

Lmbo!!  Glad to see we're getting into the "nuts and bolts" of this campaign,  and that post is appropriate for this run.  Don't ever remember one like it.  

Everyone loves free stuff...but we know it isn't really free and it can't be sustained forever.

The problem is that more and more folks are receiving this "free" stuff in the form of entitlements and vote for those that promise and provide it (Democrats) in the general election.

Why else would anyone vote for Sanders or Clinton...it's because they are promising folks something from gov.

Guys like Cruz and Perry, on the other hand, make no such promises and in fact, want to shrink gov...many don't want to hear that message.

Sad place to be when so many are looking to gov to meet their everyday needs.

Edited by LumRaiderFan

Everyone loves free stuff...but we know it isn't really free and it can't be sustained forever.

The problem is that more and more folks are receiving this "free" stuff in the form of entitlements and vote for those that promise and provide it (Democrats) in the general election.

Why else would anyone vote for Sanders or Clinton...it's because they are promising folks something from gov.

Guys like Cruz and Perry, on the other hand, make no such promises and in fact, want to shrink gov...many don't want to hear that message.

Sad place to be when so many are looking to gov to meet their everyday needs.

Thanks so much for elucidating my comment.   Some are offended by my constant reminder about free stuff, but I think it is one of the larger problems with our society.

Dem's get a lot of votes of giving so called free stuff. However this is not the reason Ted Cruz and company is doing so bad. We have chosen to elected several Republicans to be president. Did the free stuff people just not vote them years. You lose a election because your opponent seems to care for more of the people than you do bottom line. I'm sure a gay is going to vote on gay issues before welfare same with Hispanics and everyother groups. Learn how to tell the people why cutting the government will help them more. Rather than call them uninformed or takers. 

We have become conditioned and addicted to the notion that all problems can be solved by the government when the truth is that the government is not particularly well suited to deal with a lot of issues that it has gotten involved in.  I think a couple of good examples would be the department of energy and the department of education. If you do all of your childs homework the first couple of years that he/she has homework, he/she will be conditioned to believe things are as they should be and you may never be able to get him/her ( these two words, are close to being outlawed in the name of "equality" - how ludicrous) to take on the responsibility.  In essence, you have become the maker and the child has become the taker and you have "taught" the child that this is acceptable. Very important for the child to learn to become the maker.  Our society is also big on claiming to be a victim as an excuse for not being a productive citizen.

I like Trump because he doesn't care who he offends (political correctness). Is he the perfect man for the job? Who is? I hate people who care so much about not offending someone that they sacrifice their country in the process. Let's bring back JAP ROAD. Gee, I hope that offends someone.

I like Trump because he doesn't care who he offends (political correctness). Is he the perfect man for the job? Who is? I hate people who care so much about not offending someone that they sacrifice their country in the process. Let's bring back JAP ROAD. Gee, I hope that offends someone.

I must admit, his candor is a breath of fresh air.  I would much rather all of them be up front about their belief systems than try to couch it in political correctness and avoid taking any real stances.  I also like that he "thinks outside the box."  And because of the way he has made a fortune (bankruptcies or not), he has had to be somewhat of a renegade.

I do think he holds certain views he has not publicized due to the seeming necessity of pandering to the far right to get a nomination, but I can't really blame him for that.  I fully anticipate he would be true to his core beliefs if he were elected, regardless of how it is perceived by anyone. 

I never would have thought this a few months ago, but I am beginning to believe his campaign has real "legs."

Dem's get a lot of votes of giving so called free stuff. However this is not the reason Ted Cruz and company is doing so bad. We have chosen to elected several Republicans to be president. Did the free stuff people just not vote them years. You lose a election because your opponent seems to care for more of the people than you do bottom line. I'm sure a gay is going to vote on gay issues before welfare same with Hispanics and everyother groups. Learn how to tell the people why cutting the government will help them more. Rather than call them uninformed or takers. 

When you have someone that is receiving some form of entitlement from the gov, it's difficult to convince them why cutting their benefit is a good idea.

I really don't get the "they care about me mentality" ... no, they don't...they just want your vote.

I want someone that will run gov in an efficient manner, don't care if they care about me and mine.

I must admit, his candor is a breath of fresh air.  I would much rather all of them be up front about their belief systems than try to couch it in political correctness and avoid taking any real stances.  I also like that he "thinks outside the box."  And because of the way he has made a fortune (bankruptcies or not), he has had to be somewhat of a renegade.

I do think he holds certain views he has not publicized due to the seeming necessity of pandering to the far right to get a nomination, but I can't really blame him for that.  I fully anticipate he would be true to his core beliefs if he were elected, regardless of how it is perceived by anyone. 

I never would have thought this a few months ago, but I am beginning to believe his campaign has real "legs."

Let's face it, all the talk is about Trump and that's exactly what he wants. Actually, thats what all of them want but they can't beat Trump to the punch. 

I don't blame him one bit for going after reporters. They certainly are not afraid to ask personal questions when they are miked up. They also need to keep their opinions to themselves......."Just the facts Ma'am" (Not sure anyone can tell me where that line comes format) lol.

Unfortunately the Jesus freaks have forced moderates to go extreme far right during primaries which gets them killed in the general election 

Do tell.  What qualifies one as a Jesus freak?  Some may be offended that you refer to them as a Jesus freak.  We all know what kind of trouble one gets in if he suggests someone is an Allah freak.  Where is your tolerance and compassion?

Let's face it, all the talk is about Trump and that's exactly what he wants. Actually, thats what all of them want but they can't beat Trump to the punch. 

I don't blame him one bit for going after reporters. They certainly are not afraid to ask personal questions when they are miked up. They also need to keep their opinions to themselves......."Just the facts Ma'am" (Not sure anyone can tell me where that line comes format) lol.

Dadgum BDog, I had to clear up memory cells before I could remember Dragnet.

I hate to tell how naive I (we?) were in the 80's.  I thot politicians were a cut above most in intelligence until during the Iran-Contra affair.  Had about 12 of them questioning Oliver North and he made them look like the fools they are.  For me, an eye opener.  Since I'm not even close to getting in Mensa, I'll just say, for most of them, they're like a great book cover and title, then you get it to read and it isn't worth a crap. 

• 1 month later...