Crosby vs Nederland Predictions Thread

Will this be a different outcome than the last time Crosby visited Bulldog Stadium? That wasn't a good night for the folks West of the Trinity. 

That was Riordan's first game as a head coach against Nederland's best team in 15 years. That was the only team to hold Austin to under 100 yards rushing in his 35 career games at Crosby. They got 56 dropped on them the following year and have lost all other matchups. Crosby will be tough to keep from a number like that this game also. I think if you go from head coach all the way through position groups Ned doesn't have an advantage anywhere. 

That Huffman scrimmage will get a team ready for battle versus Big Ned. ✊

Nah, but it keeps you healthy. I'll say this though. It's better than playing 4A schools in the regular season. Ned won't be in the kind of condition Crosby will be. Crosby has probably been game ready conditioning and execution-wise since the second day of practice. 

That was Riordan's first game as a head coach against Nederland's best team in 15 years. That was the only team to hold Austin to under 100 yards rushing in his 35 career games at Crosby. They got 56 dropped on them the following year and have lost all other matchups. Crosby will be tough to keep from a number like that this game also. I think if you go from head coach all the way through position groups Ned doesn't have an advantage anywhere. 

nah, 2001 team wouldn't think so ;)

Nah, but it keeps you healthy. I'll say this though. It's better than playing 4A schools in the regular season. Ned won't be in the kind of condition Crosby will be. Crosby has probably been game ready conditioning and execution-wise since the second day of practice. 

WHat makes you think Crosby will be in better shape than Nederland. I give you wll knowing imperical wizzard of the day award. My daddy can beat up your daddy.

100% agree

WHat makes you think Crosby will be in better shape than Nederland. I give you wll knowing imperical wizzard of the day award. My daddy can beat up your daddy.

They were last year. Big part of the reason Ned lost was because Seay couldn't finish. Crosby wore Ned down and scored 22 straight points before Ned answered with like a minute left in the game. This team looks even better, also the first class of seniors under the new staff. 

Big Ned not in shape . You show your ignorance . We live in the 4th 1/4. So bring it if you can . We put the crow in the smoker today so it'll be ready for you !

Just telling you what I saw. I saw the Twins wear y'all down and drop 56, I saw Crosby pound it on Ned to the tune of over 10ypc last year. Last year Ned had 35 carries for 86 yards and a lot of that is because Crosby is just more physical, but some of that has to be attributed to Ned just looking gassed. 

Big Ned not in shape . You show your ignorance . We live in the 4th 1/4. So bring it if you can . We put the crow in the smoker today so it'll be ready for you !

Just went and looked at the last 4 meetings worth of 4th quarters. Crosby leads 31-6. Looks like y'all actually die in the 4th quarter, at least against Crosby you do. 

Just went and looked at the last 4 meetings worth of 4th quarters. Crosby leads 31-6. Looks like y'all actually die in the 4th quarter, at least against Crosby you do. 

MY new friend I have got some repeated big news for you. The more trash you talk the harder the fall is gonna be. I am telling you to much and when your favorite team starts digressing you will leave this web site. I have warned you about this before. It is going to happen. I know you think Crosby after just one successful season is the new it team. Ill give credit were it is due. They deserve credit for last season. BUT. Its a new season. and when this ones over it will be a different outcome than last year. Supposedly your team will win state. Odds say no they want. But winning state isnt the only way you will have an awesome season. So When crosby has a not as good group of athletes come through you will pull the houdini act and disappear. I am simply trying to keep your insults and trap running to a low enough point that maybe just maybe you will stick around. Heres to keeping a Crosby fan to talk to after the fall!!!

MY new friend I have got some repeated big news for you. The more trash you talk the harder the fall is gonna be. I am telling you to much and when your favorite team starts digressing you will leave this web site. I have warned you about this before. It is going to happen. I know you think Crosby after just one successful season is the new it team. Ill give credit were it is due. They deserve credit for last season. BUT. Its a new season. and when this ones over it will be a different outcome than last year. Supposedly your team will win state. Odds say no they want. But winning state isnt the only way you will have an awesome season. So When crosby has a not as good group of athletes come through you will pull the houdini act and disappear. I am simply trying to keep your insults and trap running to a low enough point that maybe just maybe you will stick around. Heres to keeping a Crosby fan to talk to after the fall!!!

Ditto he already fell for it . Stats never win , last year doesn't matter but Tradition does . If they can keep it going they'll Learn about tradition and I hope they do . The better everyone in our region is the better our chances on the big stage ! All that said we are still smoking  some crow ! At least if we have to  eat , it'll be done ?? Something else you learn from tradition .. Anyhow Nederland will be ready , in shape , no excuses , certainly no fear and we will see what you got . Tradition let's 2/8 teams go 6/4 . Sometimes that counts as much as state ? Especially if you drop a fathead along the way !

I have no prediction for this game but anything can happen. As for the Neumann discussion... I have seen posts on here about how he doesn't have any standouts on his resume and what not. It's not always as simple as that though. It's what a coach does with the talent and circumstances he is given. I can say that he certainly gets every drop out of the talent he is given and preaches a team effort. Just a couple of recent examples I can give: Nederland lost 3 qb's and was down to a fourth string QB and still made it to the playoffs. Also, the game against #1 Pearland Dawson a couple of years ago at Reliant. The deck was stacked against that Nederland team right up until the end of regulation on a bizarre penalty against Dawson that worked to their advantage (QB spiked the ball on 4th down but got penalized for illegal motion allowing them time to get their field goal unit in place.) Nederland still prevailed in OT. At any rate, there are numerous examples like these where Neumann gets teams to rise up to opponents levels. Is he the best coach that ever lived? I'm not saying that, but you'll be hard pressed to find a Bulldog faithful that is looking forward to his retirement. I wouldn't hesitate to guess that most coaches in SETX would put him at the top of their lost as best in the area. I'm sure Faircloth would whole heartedly agree with that sentiment.

Well no shout Sherlock, odds say they "won't" since winning the ultimate prize only happens to two teams in 5A, but I sure like our chances over anything the Bermuda Triangle has to offer. Your best shot of supporting a winner is to quit the local Market Basket and come to work at the new Aldi in Crosby and support the Vype number one team. Just to clear up the "one season success" that's a travesty, Crosby has been building this sucess story for several years now and all this Div I talent has come to fruition now. So it's Crosby turn to be the proverbial King of the mountain for years to come.....

Ditto he already fell for it . Stats never win , last year doesn't matter but Tradition does . If they can keep it going they'll Learn about tradition and I hope they do . The better everyone in our region is the better our chances on the big stage ! All that said we are still smoking  some crow ! At least if we have to  eat , it'll be done ?? Something else you learn from tradition .. Anyhow Nederland will be ready , in shape , no excuses , certainly no fear and we will see what you got . Tradition let's 2/8 teams go 6/4 . Sometimes that counts as much as state ? Especially if you drop a fathead along the way !

Sure hope your are smoking that crow in the way you like it best.  Check with Tradition when he is done with practice and make sure you have some smoked to his liking too.

I have no prediction for this game but anything can happen. As for the Neumann discussion... I have seen posts on here about how he doesn't have any standouts on his resume and what not. It's not always as simple as that though. It's what a coach does with the talent and circumstances he is given. I can say that he certainly gets every drop out of the talent he is given and preaches a team effort. Just a couple of recent examples I can give: Nederland lost 3 qb's and was down to a fourth string QB and still made it to the playoffs. Also, the game against #1 Pearland Dawson a couple of years ago at Reliant. The deck was stacked against that Nederland team right up until the end of regulation on a bizarre penalty against Dawson that worked to their advantage (QB spiked the ball on 4th down but got penalized for illegal motion allowing them time to get their field goal unit in place.) Nederland still prevailed in OT. At any rate, there are numerous examples like these where Neumann gets teams to rise up to opponents levels. Is he the best coach that ever lived? I'm not saying that, but you'll be hard pressed to find a Bulldog faithful that is looking forward to his retirement. I wouldn't hesitate to guess that most coaches in SETX would put him at the top of their lost as best in the area. I'm sure Faircloth would whole heartedly agree with that sentiment.

Could not have said this any better! Neumann gets every ounce of talent out of the hand he is dealt and always manages to come out looking good!

You know you in better shape that's the issue. In all honesty I will say Nederland coaches hold more value in the WOS scrimmage than the Crosby game. Yes Crosby has beaten us its true, but our coaches uses games such as yours to learn who plays where. That's why they are non factor games. Crosby has a great squad but I bet you anything you will feel us.

*Reply to Prepball

Why do you keep saying I will disappear? I appeared 4 years ago after a loss. I think Crosby had a good year last year and didn't win state so I don't really understand that comment either? I don't think Crosby is the new item, Dave Campbell's, The Old Coach, Lone Star Gridiron and the Associated Press do.

I've heard the athlete/loss of talent thing for years too. "Nobody will ever put up numbers like Haynes to Beck combo. again", "Y'all will never have a backfield like Merka and Casey again, y'all are about to suck", enter the Twins. "Y'all will never have a trio like the Twins and Singleton again, y'all are about to suck when they leave". Following year after a semi-final appearance, "So When Crosby has a not as good group of athletes come through you will pull the houdini act and disappear." Lol, just give it up man or you'll still be repeating the same thing 4 years from now. Much like the Fort Bend schools, we always have talent. Some you just get to know better than others.

You are right on one front though. Crosby, as well as every other 5A team in the state, only has a 0.08% chance of winning state.

Edited by Cougar14.2