22-5A District Predictions 2015

With the predictions I posted earlier it would be...

D1 #1 seed  Central vs Humble/Kingwood Park/New Caney

D1 #2 seed Vidor vs CE King

D2 #1 seed PN-G vs Dayton

D2 #2 seed Ozen vs Crosby

I would admit that those match-ups are favorable for 21-5A going 3-1 or 2-2.

​This is Humble's sophomore back from last year. He as well as his squad will be a lot better than last year, but look at the size and speed of the squad that finished 6th last year. If Humble or New Caney get in they wont be easy outs.

This is the hidden content, please

​I've been talking about this team for 2 years now. The '13 squad with the Twins running crazy was potent but we lacked a title caliber defense. This team is deeper with better overall personnel, especially the offensive line, receivers and secondary.

We have a big game against Angleton to open the revamped stadium the week after Ned so I expect a tune-up type effort vs the all out assault Angleton will see the proceeding week. I think Ned is still going to be in trouble from the opening whistle though.  

I remember that squad, Ozen battled them to the end, lost in OT. We lost in basketball also Lol.  This Ozen Crosby matchup if it happens will be 3 out of 4 yrs. Crosby is a tough opponent no doubt, but the Panthers played them hard last yr, but still came up short. 22 5A we must break through this year

I remember that squad, Ozen battled them to the end, lost in OT. We lost in basketball also Lol.  This Ozen Crosby matchup if it happens will be 3 out of 4 yrs. Crosby is a tough opponent no doubt, but the Panthers played them hard last yr, but still came up short. 22 5A we must break through this year

​The break through is on the way!!!

The squad you're talking about was Riordan's first year in the 2012. The '13 squad is the one that ran through PNG. 

Ozen did play Crosby solid last year but we helped giving Ozen 9 points on offense, te defense held them to 15 points and 230 total yards. Crosby fumbled three times and threw two picks, we won that one comfortably but the same type effort got us beat bad by Cedar Park. 

Crosby turned it over too much last year just like we did in '12 during the Twins junior year caused us to go to overtime with Ozen and lose to Manor the next week. I think you're going to see the same type of improvement from '14 to '15 as there was from '12 to '13 which means there should be very few 5A teams in the state that can play with Code Red. 

The squad you're talking about was Riordan's first year in the 2012. The '13 squad is the one that ran through PNG. 

Ozen did play Crosby solid last year but we helped giving Ozen 9 points on offense, te defense held them to 15 points and 230 total yards. Crosby fumbled three times and threw two picks, we won that one comfortably but the same type effort got us beat bad by Cedar Park. 

Crosby turned it over too much last year just like we did in '12 during the Twins junior year caused us to go to overtime with Ozen and lose to Manor the next week. I think you're going to see the same type of improvement from '14 to '15 as there was from '12 to '13 which means there should be very few 5A teams in the state that can play with Code Red. 

No offens, but the '12 Ozen team was Solid, we lost, not making excuses.  We have had 4 Coaches in 4 yrs with limited off season programs during that time, but you never hear me on here using this as an excuse. Ozen played you guys better than any team in the playoffs last year before y'all lost. Don't give me that Crap about TO's & giving us points. That's Bull!!! All Panther Fans know that have they given the "Man" for Ozen his due respect, it may have been a different story. Like I said no excuses. Good luck on the Season, those young RB's are as talented as they come. Can't wait to see where they land after HS

No offens, but the '12 Ozen team was Solid, we lost, not making excuses.  We have had 4 Coaches in 4 yrs with limited off season programs during that time, but you never hear me on here using this as an excuse. Ozen played you guys better than any team in the playoffs last year before y'all lost. Don't give me that Crap about TO's & giving us points. That's Bull!!! All Panther Fans know that have they given the "Man" for Ozen his due respect, it may have been a different story. Like I said no excuses. Good luck on the Season, those young RB's are as talented as they come. Can't wait to see where they land after HS

​i was at the game in Channelview, Ozen left points off the board that 1st half, Crosby made adjustments 2nd half and Ozen didn't. 

Four coaches in four years is crazy.  What is up with that ?

Four coaches in four years is crazy.  What is up with that ?

​It was 4 coaches in 3 years. And don't get me started. Just happy to have coach Suggs his second season with a complete staff. Last year he came in late and only had half of a staff and still made the playoffs. We will see what he can do with his first offseason, 14 returning starters and a complete coaching staff.

Ozen did play tough but Hutto had over 500 yards on our defense and only lost by 6, they played us the best before we lost. 

Ozen had 0 turnovers and played about as solid as they could. Ozen scored 6 offensive points the whole second half. Another td came off our receiver falling down and the ball flew right to an Ozen db that was being blocked and not even in the play. The same thing happened in '12 when Crosby kept turning it over, Ozen had 167 total yards that game and Austin had like 220 on 20 carries by himself and broke Tony Brown off for the game winner in OT. 

I'm not knocking Ozen or trying not to give them credit, I'm just stating what actually happened. If you want to avoid Crosby just beat PNG so you can play Dayton. 

Edited by Cougar14.2

Ozen did play tough but Hutto had over 500 yards on our defense and only lost by 6, they played us the best before we lost. 

Ozen had 0 turnovers and played about as solid as they could. Ozen scored 6 offensive points the whole second half. Another td came off our receiver falling down and the ball flew right to an Ozen db that was being blocked and not even in the play. The same thing happened in '12 when Crosby kept turning it over, Ozen had 167 total yards that game and Austin had like 220 on 20 carries by himself and broke Tony Brown off for the game winner in OT. 

I'm not knocking Ozen or trying not to give them credit, I'm just stating what actually happened. If you want to avoid Crosby just beat PNG so you can play Dayton. 

Don't give yourself a "W" just yet Dayton my have something to say about that !

Don't give yourself a "W" just yet Dayton my have something to say about that !

Ozen would love to play Bill Cosby again, I mean Crosby. I just believe that a new coach with no knowledge of his players full capabilities was out played by a talented more well prepared team. My playing days are over so I merely spectate and stir the pot a little so I have no choice but to root for my Panthers. Crosby will be good but so will the Panthers and too me, to move forward Crosby's butt has to be whipped. And then watch us Nae Nae! Lol

Edited by JRidge

Wouldn't that surprize the fb gods & our neighbors to the west,I'm almost there w/ya w/Qb choice ?,and that has been ? last 3 yrs=most atheletic/fast/downfield vision kid w/o the ball ea snap,gets a start in rd #1 vs your Indians & a unknown as rb potential gets the ball 5 times in 2nd half=85 yds ,td=56 pts=most pts in 3 yrs=then next week in rd #2 vs Angleton =no start?The exact reason our crowds are declining.I'm sure hoping lessons learned cause we've been underachieving w/talent.

Edited by liltex
quote from another

Could you give reasons why you pick Dayton winning district.  Returning athletes, new coaching, etc. I am only asking because you represent a neutral opinion not a homer.

I think Dayton is a good matchup with Crosby. Last years game was an overtime sensation. WHen you look at the tail of the tape you see. This. Total yards- Crosby 448 Dayton 483 yards. Crosby 19 First downs Dayton 22 First Downs. Rush yards Crosby was 289 to Daytons 186. Crosby passing yards was  159 to Daytons 297. All this tells me that this game was pretty much a toss up statiscally. WIth that being said all things being pretty equal last seaso in the matchup and the game being in Dayton and it being a rivalry game I pick Dayton by the slightest of nods. I think the winner of this game is your DC. EIther way. Just a humble opinion. Taking nothing away from Crosby just basing it off of last years game vs returning starters from last season and home field advantage = slightest of margin for my pick.