Remove confederate Flag From Statehouse?

BLUEDOVE3

​Some folks in the past on here (site) pretty much confirmed themselves as racists, most have ended up banned already or hardly even get on here anymore. Good for the sake of this great website. :)

​This was a refreshing post. 

All races are different and we have to learn to understand each other. (I just took my yearly diversity class at work).

I have noticed the ones of us that get along, can agree to disagree, and not blame race......

​You are keeping minorities from becoming Pres...oh wait, never mind.

I tried with two votes, but not for that reason.  Could not bring myself to vote for a Muslim, half white or not.  Would have voted for Colin Powell before he supported Yobama.  For the life of me I cannot recall the name of the man that was a top dog in a pizza chain that ran for prez last election.  Would have absolutely voted for him and he was a black man.  But my type of racism is holding ppl back.  Bull butter!

I tried with two votes, but not for that reason.  Could not bring myself to vote for a Muslim, half white or not.  Would have voted for Colin Powell before he supported Yobama.  For the life of me I cannot recall the name of the man that was a top dog in a pizza chain that ran for prez last election.  Would have absolutely voted for him and he was a black man.  But my type of racism is holding ppl back.  Bull butter!

​Herman Cain...he would have gotten my vote.

And mine. ( The standard tactic for the left, whenever they feel they cannot win an argument based on logic/fact, is to accuse one of being a sexist, racist, or homophobe. (or all three) ) It sells very well and has been quite successful.   A goodly portion of this country is now in a competition to see who can portray themselves as the most compassionate and tolerant and is willing to go to extremes to win that competition. In the meantime, the financial condition of the country continues to deteriorate as those same "competitors" simply ignore the cost of anything and promise more and more free stuff.  Ask Greece how that worked out.

Edited by stevenash

All this black and white junk is for the birds. You live in a country that gives you every opportunity to be better and too better your life and your families life, but you have to want it and you have to work for it...whites , blacks and every other race have a a certain percentage that just don't care and will live on the charities of others, so no one race owns that t-shirt.  I just want each and every person that fails to stop trying to find somebody else to blame it on and just own it and move on to the next opportunity.  You can be anything in America...you can even be black and be The President of the United States of America.    

When it comes to my political support it goes to what I perceive as the best candidate, ie conservative, constitutionalist.   I don't care if he's black, white, or orange with purple polka dots.  

IMO the banning of the confederate flag from Govt Cemetaries is wrong. It probably is a violation of the First Amendment but I'm a long way from being a Constitutional Lawyer.  As I've said before, this flag business has gotten WAY out of hand.   

When it comes to my political support it goes to what I perceive as the best candidate, ie conservative, constitutionalist.   I don't care if he's black, white, or orange with purple polka dots.  

IMO the banning of the confederate flag from Govt Cemetaries is wrong. It probably is a violation of the First Amendment but I'm a long way from being a Constitutional Lawyer.  As I've said before, this flag business has gotten WAY out of hand.   

​100% agree

​We do? Never seen any month labeled "White History Month".

I am thinking you need and hour or so to come up with an explanation of your silly comment.

​Aggie, when did you become "white"? Yes, white history month is every month, its labeled in various titles. And if I have to explain why there is a Black History Month, Hispanic History, St. Patrick's Day, July 4th, then we're not as close to understanding each other than we were in the 1960's.

​Actually, you're showing your ism for making claims that your President is Muslim. Actually that might be pretty cool to have a Muslim President one day. Shows America is working on its issues.

And mine. ( The standard tactic for the left, whenever they feel they cannot win an argument based on logic/fact, is to accuse one of being a sexist, racist, or homophobe. (or all three) ) It sells very well and has been quite successful.   A goodly portion of this country is now in a competition to see who can portray themselves as the most compassionate and tolerant and is willing to go to extremes to win that competition. In the meantime, the financial condition of the country continues to deteriorate as those same "competitors" simply ignore the cost of anything and promise more and more free stuff.  Ask Greece how that worked out.

​Yes, the truth does hurt, doesn't it?

Wait a minute!!! I'm reading what you people are writing on here but this country showed its color when Obama was elected. And it wasn't because he was a liberal. But continue in your  denial. As I have said many times on this board, times are changing and a lot yall are worried about being the minority in a few short years. Welfare reform, Chicago thugs, wall street thugs , and your denial won't stop your upcoming minority status. :)

​Actually, you're showing your ism for making claims that your President is Muslim. Actually that might be pretty cool to have a Muslim President one day. Shows America is working on its issues.

​i doubt we'll ever see a muslim president in the U.S.

Wait a minute!!! I'm reading what you people are writing on here but this country showed its color when Obama was elected. And it wasn't because he was a liberal. But continue in your  denial. As I have said many times on this board, times are changing and a lot yall are worried about being the minority in a few short years. Welfare reform, Chicago thugs, wall street thugs , and your denial won't stop your upcoming minority status. :)

​Obama elected President showed that if a Man works hard can accomplish anything.  

We have a long way to go before 77.7% of the population will be the minority. 

​Yes it is, plain and simple...didn't like Clinton's policies , Carter's policies and don't like Obama's policies.

Your views are much more divisive than anyone's that you criticize...can't be a victim forever, eventually you run out of folks to blame.

Edited by LumRaiderFan

​Dove, with all of this racism talk going on, I would like your opinion on something.  When the deaths of Trayvon Martin, Michael Brown, and Freddie Gray took place, the President offered extended commentaries on each and Federal Agents and DOJ employees were dispatched to those respective areas.  There has been 100% total silence/response from the Whitehouse regarding the death of Kate Steinle ( yes, go to Google because I know the name means nothing to you).  Can you explain how this happens when the President allegedly represents ALL of the people of this country?  White lives matter.

​You are keeping minorities from becoming Pres...oh wait, never mind.

Don't know what happened there, tried to reply and this happened.  Can't even find the post I tried to send.  Guess the site had a brain fart.

​Then you whiners wont have anybody to blame when us crackers are the minority so good luck!

​Aggie, when did you become "white"? Yes, white history month is every month, its labeled in various titles. And if I have to explain why there is a Black History Month, Hispanic History, St. Patrick's Day, July 4th, then we're not as close to understanding each other than we were in the 1960's.

​Give me some examples of those "titles".

BTW, there is no Hispanic history month. St. Patricks Day is celebrated around the world, not just an American holiday.

July 4th is Independence Day, birth of our country, celebrated by all Americans regardless of race or color.

Question, is there a Black History Month acknowledged in other countries besides the United States?

​So you like four black people, do you like any blacks that are not republicans, most on this board liked colin powell untill..........

That right, until he throw his support to Obama.  That was done for one reason and one reason only.  Surely you know what that reason is.  Nothing to do with Rep or Dem.