Remove confederate Flag From Statehouse?

BLUEDOVE3

There is a subdivision in that is called "Plantation Oaks" . Every single street is named after someone from the Confederate army. Robert E Lee street etc. My WHITE friend said he can't believe that black people would want to live there. He does live in the neighborhood. 

​Yes, I am familiar with Plantation Oaks near the Stafford/Sugar Land area.

Like mentioned before...I wish black  Americans would focus on the genocide that is occurring in the streets of America at the hand of their own socio-culture. I mean thousands of young black men are dying for why???can anyone tell??? I mean dang people let's focus some more on the past and a flag. Folks it's our history as a collective good and bad. But to ignore the real threat to black America is insane...if black leaders don't step up and lead...if the families don't stand up take their children back from the streets than all is for not! To hell with a flag or the tragic past...learn from it but we have so many more priblems that deserve attention than this rhetoric.  

​What makes you think we aren't concerned? What makes you think we aren't focused on our children? What makes you think Black leaders aren't leading? I've been to Cabrini Green in Chicago(1980's). Those people care. Maybe the media needs to educate us more on what is being done in those communities to show people do care.

​What makes you think we aren't concerned? What makes you think we aren't focused on our children? What makes you think Black leaders aren't leading? I've been to Cabrini Green in Chicago(1980's). Those people care. Maybe the media needs to educate us more on what is being done in those communities to show people do care.

​I couldn't agree more......

maybe that would get the communities motivated to do something more than blame cops, TV shows and flags.

​I couldn't agree more......

maybe that would get the communities motivated to do something more than blame cops, TV shows and flags.

​always gonna be bad cops, can only weed their asses out when they do something stupid. Always gonna be tv shows that flop due to controversial issues. Always gonna have 2 sides of history & meaning of a certain flag. 

​always gonna be bad cops, can only weed their asses out when they do something stupid. Always gonna be tv shows that flop due to controversial issues. Always gonna have 2 sides of history & meaning of a certain flag. 

​Yea, I guess your right. 

Sad that it can't co-exist and everyone just agree to disagree without the violence.....

Never have owned a confederate flag.  I was born and raised in the Midwest.  You really shouldnt make assumptions when you are uninformed about certain situations, NewTobie.

​Now that I think about it, I have never owned a confederate flag......I think I had a Dukes of Hazard T-Shirt when I was a kid though.......I guess stereotyping people is bad........hmmmm   

​Maybe the media does but all I here is how everybody else is to blame for their lot in life...man I have many of a friend who are proud black men and they will tell you that their own race is not doing enough to combat the degradation of the Black Youth of America...Brotha I really do care, I care enough to say it and face scrutiny from guys like yourself.  If you think your leaders and parents are doing a good job than do nothing and within 5 years if its better than I owe you an apology if not than you have my deepest empathy. But before you do look at the Crime stats and more important homicide rates where the victim is black and the perpetrator is black and then look at the incarceration numbers resulting from such crimes.  I know there are good folks trying but more have to try harder...that's all and I do apologize if I offended you or anyone else...I do care a great deal but if a white man standing up and speaking out in support of Black America, and it is heart felt support, causes ill feeling than I will sit down and keep my mouth shut.  Best of luck my friend and God Bless! 

​Maybe the media does but all I here is how everybody else is to blame for their lot in life...man I have many of a friend who are proud black men and they will tell you that their own race is not doing enough to combat the degradation of the Black Youth of America...Brotha I really do care, I care enough to say it and face scrutiny from guys like yourself.  If you think your leaders and parents are doing a good job than do nothing and within 5 years if its better than I owe you an apology if not than you have my deepest empathy. But before you do look at the Crime stats and more important homicide rates where the victim is black and the perpetrator is black and then look at the incarceration numbers resulting from such crimes.  I know there are good folks trying but more have to try harder...that's all and I do apologize if I offended you or anyone else...I do care a great deal but if a white man standing up and speaking out in support of Black America, and it is heart felt support, causes ill feeling than I will sit down and keep my mouth shut.  Best of luck my friend and God Bless! 

​I said, "maybe the media needs to educate us more..." That included you, me, them, us, yall, you people, etc.

One thing I'm not is a liar!  Maybe misremembered as Clemens put it.  You said I knew who it was, my buddy as u put it. I don't have a clue who you are speaking of, I only remember seeing you use them.

http://setxsports.com/ip/index.php?/topic/115470-liberals-please-explain/

Oh?