Remove confederate Flag From Statehouse?

BLUEDOVE3

​Should we do away with singling out one month to celebrate one race? Couldn't that be offensive to some folks and be considered bias towards one race?

Racism is seen as a one way street.  Whites are considered racist, while there is no racism amongst the blacks.  So no, it can't be bias to the other race.

​Should we do away with singling out one month to celebrate one race? Couldn't that be offensive to some folks and be considered bias towards one race?

​You're starting to step on "hoallowed ground." An area you can't defend. So, here we go. Do you really want to get rid of several  'white" celebrations?

Edited by BLUEDOVE3

Racism is seen as a one way street.  Whites are considered racist, while there is no racism amongst the blacks.  So no, it can't be bias to the other race.

​LOL,  sure there is racism among Black folks. Whatever gave you that there wasn't? But Ii also think 'your" racism is traditionally more  harmful to people of color, even today.

​You're starting to step on "hollowed ground." An area you can't defend. So, here we go. Do you really want to get rid of several  'white" celebrations?

​Dove, could you give me a few "white" celebrations that are good omission candidates? ( I am assuming you meant hallowed as opposed to hollowed)

Edited by stevenash

​LOL,  sure there is racism among Black folks. Whatever gave you that there wasn't? But Ii also think 'your" racism is traditionally more  harmful to people of color, even today.

Explain my racism.  Is it because I do not support the removal of a flag?  There is nothing that I feel I have posted that can be seen as racism.  But I guess you can twist words to fit your misconceived perception of myself if you must.  Support of something that you are against does not constitute racism on my part.  I was wondering how long it would take before someone would insinuate someone is a racist on here.

Explain my racism.  Is it because I do not support the removal of a flag?  There is nothing that I feel I have posted that can be seen as racism.  But I guess you can twist words to fit your misconceived perception of myself if you must.  Support of something that you are against does not constitute racism on my part.  I was wondering how long it would take before someone would insinuate someone is a racist on here.

​Some folks in the past on here (site) pretty much confirmed themselves as racists, most have ended up banned already or hardly even get on here anymore. Good for the sake of this great website. :)

​HUH? I haven't called or assumed you are racist about the flag. A flag? Thats only a symbol of racism. I was speaking of the racism that hold people back. A flag? Man please! Granted, it is a very symbolic victory for the people.