Chris Babin named new AD/HC at Lumberton

Good. That will be what they deserve. This was obviously some kind of personal agenda by the board.

How was this hire a personal agenda by the school board?

Have you seen the complete list of the 26 applicants?

BTW, there was at least 25 football players in attendance at the meeting Thursday night. All seemed happy with the hire. Smiles on all the faces.

Have you seen the complete list of the 26 applic

BTW, there was at least 25 football players in attendance at the meeting Thursday night. All seemed happy with the hire. Smiles on all the faces.

Is it not a SB agenda 99% of the time?

25 players new best friend, or sucking up to the new guy.

Was there not a connect between Haynes the SB pres that died?

Is there not a connection between Babin the new Pres and his son?

Clue us up to the truth, please

And yes Warren is pathetic.

Have you seen the complete list of the 26 applicants?

Not that they need one..but what was the reason that HC was taken away from Coach Haynes? Wasn't the football team going in a positive direction?

And it really seems like this is something that one or more board/community members have had in the works all along. To me...that sounds an awful lot like a personal agenda by the board.

Not that they need one..but what was the reason that HC was taken away from Coach Haynes? Wasn't the football team going in a positive direction?

And it really seems like this is something that one or more board/community members have had in the works all along. To me...that sounds an awful lot like a personal agenda by the board.

Spot on, Ole' Skool
The agenda was intensified when the Lumberton board found out that Larry wanted out for Hardin. Yarbro and son was about ready to pack up & head to Hornet Land. We didn't care much for Babin, no way. He'll enjoy plenty of 1-9 / 2-8 seasons at Lumberton. I hope we hire somebody passionate and faithful this next go 'round.

Spot on, Ole' Skool
The agenda was intensified when the Lumberton board found out that Larry wanted out for Hardin. Yarbro and son was about ready to pack up & head to Hornet Land. We didn't care much for Babin, no way. He'll enjoy plenty of 1-9 / 2-8 seasons at Lumberton. I hope we hire somebody passionate and faithful this next go 'round.

Welp…..  :ph34r:

Spot on, Ole' Skool

We? You got a mouse in your pocket? Don't act like you're speaking for the whole community because you're not....if you got an opinion then own it as yours...

Spot on, Ole' Skool

Wanted out for Hardin? Why didn't Hardin hire him?

I'm not sure how Coach Babin accepting the HC/AD job at Lumberton justified so many shots at the Warren Warriors but hey keep em coming. Especially you Eagleman we cherish your opinion. I'm not sure the Lumberton faithful will ever be totally on board with a single head man. Coach Haynes has had a pretty good track record in other places and Coach Credeur had the Raiders playing competitive ball a few years back as well. There is a pretty good group coming up in Lumberton and I wish Coach Babin the best in Lumberton, it's a killer district.

I'm not sure how Coach Babin accepting the HC/AD job at Lumberton justified so many shots at the Warren Warriors but hey keep em coming. Especially you Eagleman we cherish your opinion. I'm not sure the Lumberton faithful will ever be totally on board with a single head man. Coach Haynes has had a pretty good track record in other places and Coach Credeur had the Raiders playing competitive ball a few years back as well. There is a pretty good group coming up in Lumberton and I wish Coach Babin the best in Lumberton, it's a killer district.

Not really but I get what you're saying. 

I am looking at all of these posts and I simply cannot believe all of the vitriol being directed at Chris Babin.

First of all, this is not intended to be a shot at Larry Haynes as he is a good coach and just as good of a man.  Folks, may be upset at Coach Haynes' dismissal, but how is that Coach Babin's fault?  All he did was attempt to move up from a position at a 3A, Division I school to a 5A school.  If folks are that mad at the Lumberton ISD, then they need to send them a message at the ballot box, but do not look for Coach Babin to fail (or even worse, wish him to).  As whoever the coach is, the desires of Lumberton for a winning team, as well as the fortunes of several young men, are tied to that coach's success.

I have also seen folks question Coach Babin's record while at Scarborough, Deweyville and Warren.  Come on! Scarborough?  Anybody who really needs to wonder what the problem is over there, I'll just send you the West Orange-Stark game tape.  And while Deweyville and Warren are teams which are replete with kids who work their butts off, they both suffer the problem of being outsized both in student population and size on the field.  Anyway, you cannot judge a Coach's record at another school.  Heck, Cornel Thompson, coach of the 2014 Class 4A, Division II runner up, was 2-8 in his stint as in his first head coaching job at Palestine (Coach T, I am so sorry about the reminder and I know a Mustang Mile is in my near future!).  But good coaches don't always have good records at every stop along the way!

Finally, I hear the concern that Coach Babin is some sort of vagabond coach that will jump from job to job at the drop of the hat.   He had a chance to get out of a bad situation at Scarborough and he took it.  He had a chance at Deweyville to move to a bigger school in Warren so he took that opportunity and again took advantage of that situation in moving to Lumberton.  PLUS, it was a chance for Coach Babin to return home to Lumberton.  When Alvin Creduer did that a few years back, he was hailed as a conquering hero.  Further, a number of coaches have jumped to the chance to coach at their alma maters.  Why is it that Coach Babin is the one ridiculed for that?

I can't promise that Chris Babin will have any more success at Lumberton than any other coach.  But let's hold off on the lynch mob before he has even conducted his first practice at the school!

I am looking at all of these posts and I simply cannot believe all of the vitriol being directed at Chris Babin.

First of all, this is not intended to be a shot at Larry Haynes as he is a good coach and just as good of a man. Folks, may be upset at Coach Haynes' dismissal, but how is that Coach Babin's fault? All he did was attempt to move up from a position at a 3A, Division I school to a 5A school. If folks are that mad at the Lumberton ISD, then they need to send them a message at the ballot box, but do not look for Coach Babin to fail (or even worse, wish him to). As whoever the coach is, the desires of Lumberton for a winning team, as well as the fortunes of several young men, are tied to that coach's success.

I have also seen folks question Coach Babin's record while at Scarborough, Deweyville and Warren. Come on! Scarborough? Anybody who really needs to wonder what the problem is over there, I'll just send you the West Orange-Stark game tape. And while Deweyville and Warren are teams which are replete with kids who work their butts off, they both suffer the problem of being outsized both in student population and size on the field. Anyway, you cannot judge a Coach's record at another school. Heck, Cornel Thompson, coach of the 2014 Class 4A, Division II runner up, was 2-8 in his stint as in his first head coaching job at Palestine (Coach T, I am so sorry about the reminder and I know a Mustang Mile is in my near future!). But good coaches don't always have good records at every stop along the way!

Finally, I hear the concern that Coach Babin is some sort of vagabond coach that will jump from job to job at the drop of the hat. He had a chance to get out of a bad situation at Scarborough and he took it. He had a chance at Deweyville to move to a bigger school in Warren so he took that opportunity and again took advantage of that situation in moving to Lumberton. PLUS, it was a chance for Coach Babin to return home to Lumberton. When Alvin Creduer did that a few years back, he was hailed as a conquering hero. Further, a number of coaches have jumped to the chance to coach at their alma maters. Why is it that Coach Babin is the one ridiculed for that?

I can't promise that Chris Babin will have any more success at Lumberton than any other coach. But let's wait to hold off on the lynch mob before he has even conducted his first practice at the school!

Great post.