Cowboys offseason thread

$1.65 mil for a 1st round talent. Not bad at all.

I think it was you who posted the link on his story before the draft. If this is true that he isn't a suspect and had no part in it, how awful the $ this kid lost due to timing. And if so, I was going to rooting on his success wherever he landed so maybe he would be compensated richly on his next contract. Even more so now that he will be with the silver and blue.

Hard to imagine best line ever. There have been some awesome ones. The LA Rams with Slater (blocking for Eric Dickerson who holds the season rushing record). Early Cowboy lines and early 90s (Emmitt Smith), Bradshaw's, Elway's and Brady's line fit in there somewhere. Only time will tell. Personally, I am looking forward to watching MCFadden run behind this line. I wanted him instead of Felix Jones but he wasn't around when Dallas picked. I think Dallas will be fine. One thing I hate about winning the Super Bowl, should we accomplish that again, is that your team gets raped of all its coaching staff. Happened in the 90s.

Not sure how the revelation that the unborn child not being his somehow clears him in this case. Why would that not make him a more likely suspect?

He was never a suspect to begin with. The ONLY, let me say again, the ONLY reason they wanted to talk to him was because he had a previous relationship with the victim. He's cleared. Hope they find the killer (s). As far as Collins its time to play ball. 

I think it was you who posted the link on his story before the draft. If this is true that he isn't a suspect and had no part in it, how awful the $ this kid lost due to timing. And if so, I was going to rooting on his success wherever he landed so maybe he would be compensated richly on his next contract. Even more so now that he will be with the silver and blue.

Yeah it's sucks for him if he really didn't do anything. Another thing that sucks is the NFL caps the salaries for Undrafted players. On the free market this kid could have gotten a lot bigger payday as I'm sure many teams would have bid for his services. That is the main reason his agent wanted to take his name out of the draft.

He was never a suspect to begin with. The ONLY, let me say again, the ONLY reason they wanted to talk to him was because he had a previous relationship with the victim. He's cleared. Hope they find the killer (s). As far as Collins its time to play ball.

So I'm supposed to believe that these NFL teams, with unlimited resources, passed on a 1st round player who was not reven a person of interest. I find that hard to believe.

Pretty sure the NFL took him out of the draft until there was a clearer picture of his involvement (or lack thereof) in the case.

Was definitely in the draft, got passed up by every team. His agent wanted him removes from the draft but the request was denied.

@nfl: The @DallasCowboys would consider trading their first round pick… in 2016? http://at.nfl.com/AdWZJXt http://twitter.com/nfl/status/597146536028610560/photo/1

Somebody must have had a coming to Jesus meeting with Jerrah. Took him this long to work smarter & not harder. 

On how many NFL teams are asking themselves, “how did we let the Cowboys just walk out and sign Lae’el Collins?”

King: â€œThat’s a great question. Give credit to the Cowboys. That was a stealth bombing. You know what’s amazing? I was thinking about this today, the Dallas Cowboys finished this draft, after the undrafted free agency thing, the Dallas Cowboys finished this draft with three of the top 20 players on their board. Now on their football board, let’s say that, because Byron Jones is going to be top-20 everything — great character, all that other stuff. Now La’el Collins, as a player, is a top-20 prospect, and certainly Randy Gregory as a player is a top-20 prospect. So the Cowboys, and when you think about it, and I got to figure it out — think about the money that they’re going to spend on Randy Gregory and La’el Collins and think that here are two guys who are going to be two of the top-20 talents on their roster come opening day.

"And I bet combined that — I bet the average salary of those two guys this year is going to be a million dollars. If that. And so to me, the Cowboys caught a tremendous break in some ways. That is only if you believe that Randy Gregory is — in the Cowboys system and in the nest with the Cowboys, and I believe that what Dallas is going to do, I believe strongly that they are going to find a way to get everything about Randy Gregory to get taken care of — his off-the-field stuff, his mental issues, his marijuana issues — all that stuff. That they’re not just going to do some things for him, they’re going to figure out a system of care to take care of Randy Gregory. And again, I don’t know if it’s going to work; he could be too far gone. I have no idea. But I think that the Cowboys are probably going to put a system in place to give him a chance.”