Cowboys offseason thread

@AdamSchefter: FWIW: Free-agent DE Greg Hardy is scheduled to take a physical with the Cowboys in the morning.

Hmmmm

I hope he is as good as advertised. A legitimate pass rusher is a huge piece to the defensive puzzle. It makes everything stronger. Would love a pair of bookends. Maybe someone will surprise me.

[quote name="cowboysfan88" post="1652539" timestamp="1426872043"]I believe Greg hardy does help the cowboys D but I'm still suspect the LB's and DB's[/quote

Check this out. Read the one on Sean Lee.

http://dal.247sports.com/Bolt/Roger-Godell-expects-decision-on-Greg-Hardy-in-near-future-36399564?utm_source=247Sports+Newsletter&utm_campaign=baff80312d-150325_Dallas+Cowboys&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_b5300ae947-baff80312d-224595341

[quote name="baddog" post="1654091" timestamp="1427315130"]

[quote name="cowboysfan88" post="1652539" timestamp="1426872043"]I believe Greg hardy does help the cowboys D but I'm still suspect the LB's and DB's[/quote

Check this out. Read the one on Sean Lee.

http://dal.247sports.com/Bolt/Roger-Godell-expects-decision-on-Greg-Hardy-in-near-future-36399564?utm_source=247Sports+Newsletter&utm_campaign=baff80312d-150325_Dallas+Cowboys&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_b5300ae947-baff80312d-224595341[/quote] your point

Romo restructuring his contract to save $13 million in cap space. Would have taken a pay cut to keep Murray.

http://dal.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Tony-Romo-restructuring-contract-36544664?utm_source=247Sports+Newsletter&utm_campaign=1904d94169-150401_Dallas+Cowboys&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_b5300ae947-1904d94169-224595341

something is up here why would they redo his deal after Murray left I'm sure they are going after ap wouldn't make sense to do all of this for nothing

something is up here why would they redo his deal after Murray left I'm sure they are going after ap wouldn't make sense to do all of this for nothing

Yeah, kinda fishy. Maybe the Eagles simply made Murray an offer that the Cowboys didn't think was worth it to match......even with cap room.

I personally don't want AP or Flynn. Need to keep addressing the defensive line and DBs.

Yeah, kinda fishy. Maybe the Eagles simply made Murray an offer that the Cowboys didn't think was worth it to match......even with cap room.

I personally don't want AP or Flynn. Need to keep addressing the defensive line and DBs.

I'm OK if the cowboys trade for ap as long as its a good price and if they haven't address the defense by now with all the FA most likely they are looking to do so by draft which make sense to go a Lil bit younger

This will be AP's 10th season. Great back but I can't see investing in any type of future with him. Draft Gordon or Gurley while they are young. Then try and keep them when they become FAs if they pan out. Wouldn't that be cheaper? I wanted McFadden instead of Felix Jones in 2008. McFadden is in his 7th season and I think he could even start. Need defense. Offense has to score 30+ points just to feel a little safe.

This will be AP's 10th season. Great back but I can't see investing in any type of future with him. Draft Gordon or Gurley while they are young. Then try and keep them when they become FAs if they pan out. Wouldn't that be cheaper? I wanted McFadden instead of Felix Jones in 2008. McFadden is in his 7th season and I think he could even start. Need defense. Offense has to score 30+ points just to feel a little safe.

I'm with you but if they can get him on a reasonable deal then why not I'm not saying trade for him on his current contract if he agrees to a 8 million a yr deal then sign him but nothing more and the cowboys should draft defense first this draft is loaded with rb's so you won't be missing much as rb's in the draft