Who is next at Hardin-Jefferson? Are they going to return to Pre-Dubois play?

jenks

Just having a little fun today guys. I apologize for sounding sharp. I am well aware of who Blain Padgett is. He's a great LB, frankly, one of the best I've ever seen in this area. I wish him the best of luck at Rice, and I really look forward to the day that he and the Walter twins put Rice football on the map. My posts on this topic were a mistake, one I've worked hard to stop making. I just had a stumble in my resolve today. I personally apologize to Mr Padgett and ask him to forgive me.

Same apologies for anyone else who got caught in the crossfire. This kind of behavior is usually a sign that I need to step away from posting for a while. I'll be doing that for a few months. I'll see you guys in August.
Once again, Mr Padgett, please forgive my disrespect.

Scatright your talking to a guy Mpadgett that played in one of your "program" schools seems to me he would be just a Lil more knowledgeable in this area than you and you seem to think you actually made a point ...wow ...

In fact, was a beast at what was once, and hopefully will be again soon, one of the premiere "programs" in the country. Fortunately for his son, the apple didn't fall far from the tree. A scholarship and degree from Rice - well its value is actually in excess of the $300k "sticker price." Rice got a great one in Blaine. In return, Blaine can get one of the better diplomas our country's higher education has to offer.

funny I thought if you suited up kids, had a field, field house, weight room, off season program, yadda yadda yadda then you HAD a program. I did not know there was a win loss quota to fill before your football team became a "program".

Wow one day maybe JUST maybe I will be 1/3 as sport savvy and smart as Buddy G.

I think that was scatright not BG

I think they need to stay in that Mathews/DuBois Slot-T mold for their next head coach. It's worked well for them.

Although I do agree with that statement, I saw some pretty good athletes that were underclass men play for the Hawks. I honestly think if they would have had just a few more passing play abilities last season, they are playing WOS in the QF. I guess what I'm trying to say is maybe just look at the spread. Or maybe the pistol. They were so good with the wing it made me wonder if it was holding them back a little. Just my opinion. I was at the LaGrange game rooting for the Hawks and I believe if they had a couple more non-wing T plays in the playbook they win.

Although I do agree with that statement, I saw some pretty good athletes that were underclass men play for the Hawks. I honestly think if they would have had just a few more passing play abilities last season, they are playing WOS in the QF. I guess what I'm trying to say is maybe just look at the spread. Or maybe the pistol. They were so good with the wing it made me wonder if it was holding them back a little. Just my opinion. I was at the LaGrange game rooting for the Hawks and I believe if they had a couple more non-wing T plays in the playbook they win.

So would this mean if WOS had a couple wing-t plays in the playbook they win state !!!!! 

Guest FlyByNight

Who are the 3 finalist?

Allen Deshazo- from HJ for sure

A position coach and a Coordinator from the Houston area. I did not catch their names or what schools they came from. I believe the position coach was an offensive coach from Katy Seven Lakes.

So would this mean if WOS had a couple wing-t plays in the playbook they win state !!!!! 

Lol. 

Nah. If WO-S doesn't turn over the ball in the 2nd half they win. No Wing-T would have helped. 

In recent years, Wing-T teams rarely win it all. If you don't have at least a little diversity in play calling and execution apart from the Wing-T, it's really hard to ride that offense all the way to Dallas. I remember Liberty Hill a few years back won it with the Wing-T. They're the exception. The most important thing you gotta have in that offense is dominant O-linemen. Insert at least one stud tailback and a better than good defense and you have the formula to do it, but it's rare to see in Texas.  

If Dubois sticks with the Wing-T at BC, I don't see the Cardinals becoming regular playoff contenders going beyond the first or second round in 4AD2. BC just does not produce the kind of strong fierce lineman that it takes to score points with that offense. This is the biggest reason why I believe that. They also haven't had consistent success at tailback, either. And their defensive play has been the weakest Achilles heel of them all. 

Maybe Dubois will prove me and the other doubters wrong. Let's see what he can do.  

Lol. 

Nah. If WO-S doesn't turn over the ball in the 2nd half they win. No Wing-T would have helped. 

In recent years, Wing-T teams rarely win it all. If you don't have at least a little diversity in play calling and execution apart from the Wing-T, it's really hard to ride that offense all the way to Dallas. I remember Liberty Hill a few years back won it with the Wing-T. They're the exception. The most important thing you gotta have in that offense is dominant O-linemen. Insert at least one stud tailback and a better than good defense and you have the formula to do it, but it's rare to see in Texas.  

If Dubois sticks with the Wing-T at BC, I don't see the Cardinals becoming regular playoff contenders going beyond the first or second round in 4AD2. BC just does not produce the kind of strong fierce lineman that it takes to score points with that offense. This is the biggest reason why I believe that. They also haven't had consistent success at tailback, either. And their defensive play has been the weakest Achilles heel of them all. 

Maybe Dubois will prove me and the other doubters wrong. Let's see what he can do.  

I'm pretty sure HJ ran Slot-T. That's not the same as Wing-T.

I'm pretty sure HJ ran Slot-T. That's not the same as Wing-T.

Yup. I understand the slight difference in formation, but I sometimes use those terms interchangeably by mistake. Also, I still think of "Wing-T" when referring to BC because they once ran it, but I know Dubois uses the Slot-T.