Richmond Foster 17 West Orange-Stark 14/Final

WOSgrad

Truth Hurts

I know you're passionate about your school and I can respect that. I'm not a WOS guy, my kids don't go there, but I know a lot of mustangs. Success sometimes spoiled you I guess. But if you can't appreciate the level of coaching you have at that school, I can't help you. It's not like the best athletes in SETX only reside in orange/west orange. You are a small 4A school and would beat the britches off of any of the Beaumont schools IMO. Why? Coaching!!!

I MUST GIVE THE DALLAS KID CREDIT HE TOOK SOME BIG HITS TONIGHT  BUT SHOOK IT OFF.RF CAME AFTER THE MUSTANGS FROM ALL OVER THE FIELD AS WE MUSTANGS FANS SAW ALL NIGHT LONG BUT IN TIME THE WO-S WILL FIX THAT JMO. IN CLOSEING  RF  BIG RUNNING BACK  HAD A GOOD FIRST HAFE  BUT WAS SHUT DOWN THE 2ND HAFE  GOOD LUCK NEXT WEEK AGNEST NEW NEWTON

I MUST GIVE THE DALLAS KID CREDIT HE TOOK SOME BIG HITS TONIGHT  BUT SHOOK IT OFF.RF CAME AFTER THE MUSTANGS FROM ALL OVER THE FIELD AS WE MUSTANGS FANS SAW ALL NIGHT LONG BUT IN TIME THE WO-S WILL FIX THAT JMO. IN CLOSEING  RF  BIG RUNNING BACK  HAD A GOOD FIRST HAFE  BUT WAS SHUT DOWN THE 2ND HAFE  GOOD LUCK NEXT WEEK AGNEST NEW NEWTON

Poor jack. Man I felt for him last night. He played pretty dang good considering the Foster D was in our backfield more than our own running backs. I too was reminded of '90s LaMarque watching that D last night. What the difference was in this game for us is the fact that were used to being able to out run the corners or fight a little knowing we can break one for 70. Well, not on this defense. They were just as fast as us. I complained a little about the playcalling and refs last night but the more I think about it, Im not sure anything would have worked. Very proud of the Stangs for fighting like that. I kept looking at their sidelines and thinking this is a true David vs Goliath.

Exactly... I'll take 180 yards passing. Running was impossible with #15 break dancing in our backfield all night. We were not going to run on that team at all. Sometimes people have to face the truth that their line was dominating the LOS. We could have ran all the running plays in the world and it wouldn't change that fact. When you can't get them blocked you can't consistently run the ball. Just have to keep plugging away and get them on a big play here and there and try to string a few of them together.

I know may sound a little off, but the game last night was as goods as a win in the eyes of Texas high school football. Not many people out there looked as this game and said that WOS got out played or outclassed. Infact it is quite the opposite they impressed at every level last night. They were not supposed to slow down that team and guess what you nearly beat them. Great game and great loss. Keep it up and you wll see a long playoff run this year.

Foster took away our running game and WO-S neutralized the vaunted Foster passing attack. It was a real dog fight. I agree with you Gas...we could have tried any and all play calls in our running game sets and it still would not have created any consistency against that defensive front. The only thing I wish we would have tried is putting a tight end, fullback, or split end formation to keep #15 from chasing our QB every play. That defense is like no other we will see the rest of the season including the playoffs. 

Even with all of the adversity of this opponent, we still had chances to pull of the win. In the series before DT made the pick 6, he had another potential pick 6 that was dropped. I'm not faulting him whatsoever, just saying, "What if..." Also, our last offensive play of the game was a near miss TD pass to Will Johnson. The throw was slightly low, but almost a catch.

Jack Dallas will see a big growth spurt in his QB play as a result of this game. He has seen the best defense he will see all year and still kept fighting until the last play. 

I know the team hated to lose this one, but I don't believe they will be devastated by it at all. We hung in with a team nearly four times our enrollment, we were the underdogs, and we gave them more than they wanted. 

Foster took away our running game and WO-S neutralized the vaunted Foster passing attack. It was a real dog fight. I agree with you Gas...we could have tried any and all play calls in our running game sets and it still would not have created any consistency against that defensive front. The only thing I wish we would have tried is putting a tight end, fullback, or split end formation to keep #15 from chasing our QB every play. That defense is like no other we will see the rest of the season including the playoffs. 

Even with all of the adversity of this opponent, we still had chances to pull of the win. In the series before DT made the pick 6, he had another potential pick 6 that was dropped. I'm not faulting him whatsoever, just saying, "What if..." Also, our last offensive play of the game was a near miss TD pass to Will Johnson. The throw was slightly low, but almost a catch.

Jack Dallas will see a big growth spurt in his QB play as a result of this game. He has seen the best defense he will see all year and still kept fighting until the last play. 

I know the team hated to lose this one, but I don't believe they will be devastated by it at all. We hung in with a team nearly four times our enrollment, we were the underdogs, and we gave them more than they wanted. 

Amen .i have  see a lot of mustang games over the years and this one i will haft to put in the top five over the years.PS the wo-s  DC is one of the best around

This team is good enough to win the rest of their games. Not saying they will, but they are capable. For those frustrated with the offense last night, please remember that the Stangs are starting a QB that would have been 3rd on the depth chart coming into the fall. He is improving and the coaches are bringing him and the offense along at a pace they believe is right. No one should be concerned with a predisrict game that means nothing in the grand scheme of things. It's about championships and gold footballs. Coach T and staff will have them peaking at the right time. As my mom always said, just hide and watch.

This team is good enough to win the rest of their games. Not saying they will, but they are capable. For those frustrated with the offense last night, please remember that the Stangs are starting a QB that would have been 3rd on the depth chart coming into the fall. He is improving and the coaches are bringing him and the offense along at a pace they believe is right. No one should be concerned with a predisrict game that means nothing in the grand scheme of things. It's about championships and gold footballs. Coach T and staff will have them peaking at the right time. As my mom always said, just hide and watch.

I honestly dont think anyone at that game last night can say they werent proud of the Mustangs. Im not happy that we lost what so ever but for some reason, it doesnt feel like a loss. Finally got to see Jack play and was impressed. That kid stays cool under pressure. Nothing more to say about Deionte either. Hes the real deal. That game last night did way more for that team then many may realize. They now know they can play with anyone. A couple things go different last night and might have won.

I really thought WO-S could and would win this game. Had them picked to win 24-20. That's just how much confidence I have in this team. They will win 4A DII Region III, mark it down!

Was a bright side to last night's loss. I won $100 off a buddy of mine. He gave me 7 points and the Stangs. I took it and ran with it!! :D

I really thought WO-S could and would win this game. Had them picked to win 24-20. That's just how much confidence I have in this team. They will win 4A DII Region III, mark it down!

Was a bright side to last night's loss. I won $100 off a buddy of mine. He gave me 7 points and the Stangs. I took it and ran with it!! :D

Funny thing - listening to that game last night, I thought to myself at one point that ol' Mike broke this one down pretty well in advance. WOS didn't come out on top but you pretty much had the game pegged.

Stallworth Stadium is a very attractive stadium, however, the seats were hard to sit on and the ramps were even harder to climb up and down. In the future I hope the coaches choose another stadium besides this one. Spring High school and Aldine ISD are much better venues if we move further in post district play. Just saying 

Can everybody please stop making irrelevant analyses . WO-S did not lose because Foster had more players on the sidelines,  or more student enrolled in their school. So what if they have 1900 students,  they can only play 11 at a time just like every other school.  All enrollment tells u is how many students attend a school & What classification they will be in, it tells u nothing about heart, talent, desire, coaching! Following the logicexpressed on this site, Katy would never had stood a chance against North Shore, since they about 1500 more students,  but everyone knows thats not the case. The same thing goes for what grade a playe is in, being a Sophmore or a freshman is no excuse for being an Average player any more than being a senior or having experienc automatically makes u a good player! Either u can play, or u can't !!!!!! Grade level does not add or subtract talent & experience does not make one immune to mistakes 

Can everybody please stop making irrelevant analyses . WO-S did not lose because Foster had more players on the sidelines,  or more student enrolled in their school. So what if they have 1900 students,  they can only play 11 at a time just like every other school.  All enrollment tells u is how many students attend a school & What classification they will be in, it tells u nothing about heart, talent, desire, coaching! Following the logicexpressed on this site, Katy would never had stood a chance against North Shore, since they about 1500 more students,  but everyone knows thats not the case. The same thing goes for what grade a playe is in, being a Sophmore or a freshman is no excuse for being an Average player any more than being a senior or having experienc automatically makes u a good player! Either u can play, or u can't !!!!!! Grade level does not add or subtract talent & experience does not make one immune to mistakes 

WOS lost because RF is one of the best teams in 5A DI. What "irrelevant analysis" are you referring to?

Didn't get a chance to make it to the game tonite due to a bug that's been going around. My Dad went and i trust his opinion. Majestic here pink Tyler boards. Anyway, it sound like we were playing our clone on a slightly bigger scale. No shame in falling short, Foster will def make some hay in the 5A state playoffs. Our offensive woes were magnified against this tough D and will need work fort future opponents. But it sounds like WOS was inches away from actually pulling this one out. We will learn from this one and be better because of it. Mark my words, WOS WILL FINISH THE REGULAR SEASON 9-1!!. Prolly be in Jerry World come December. They are that good. Obtw, Foster is good enough to be there as well.
Does anybody know what is wrong with Johnny Shaw?? Didn't play but 2-3 snaps against Silsbee and maybe less than that against RF. Were talking about a D1 talent here ppl. Is he hurt, in trouble??? What's going on????