An interesting event before the Central/West Brook game

I think that the Central players should have shaken hands, but the fact that they didn't doesn't mean anything more significant than the fact that they didn't shake hands. If Neil or anyone else really did call them thugs or anything like that, I absolutely see why Jacquet got mad. It wasn't that serious. They're not the first team and not the last to do it. I saw Central and West Brook players telling each other good game on Twitter last night. It was a pregame intimidation thing maybe, I don't know. But I don't think anyone should be reprimanded because that guy took it too serious.

I think that the Central players should have shaken hands, but the fact that they didn't doesn't mean anything more significant than the fact that they didn't shake hands. If Neil or anyone else really did call them thugs or anything like that, I absolutely see why Jacquet got mad. It wasn't that serious. They're not the first team and not the last to do it. I saw Central and West Brook players telling each other good game on Twitter last night. It was a pregame intimidation thing maybe, I don't know. But I don't think anyone should be reprimanded because that guy took it too serious.

if it is was not that serious then why did the paper you work for run a story on it? 

might want get someone to check the title of the story

BISD Handshake Controvery

if it is was not that serious then why did the paper you work for run a story on it? 

might want get someone to check the title of the story

BISD Handshake Controvery

1) I didn't write the post and I still don't think them not shaking hands was that big of a deal.

2) The story probably doesn't become as big if Mr. Neil doesn't decide to write what he wrote.

3) Even if I did write it, sometimes we have to put things up that people want to read.

And thank you, I'll get that typo fixed.

How does not shaking hands equate to being Thugs. I do have a problem with not shaking hands. The kids don't only represent their Team, they represent their families also. Neil knew exactly what he was doing, so I ask this question; seeing these actions of this guy after being removed, do we really believe this guy didn't support some shady dealings?? He always claimed he wasn't informed. Nobody works around people & get duped numerous times without knowing their tendencies. This Guy is such a Coward. Why doesn't he show up on Campus & ask Coach Foreman why the kids didn't shake hands. To the media that ran the story, if you need to Print inflammatory comments about kids to sell papers, quit being spineless and take the criticism. Furthermore please quit pointing out errors in grammar because I've read numerous errors by reporters. Jags, now you know how some feel, learn & move on. We All make mistakes, let's not constantly repeat.
In closing I would like to say that I personally know many of the kids at Central, this was an attack on their Character and it should be addressed. Former Board members making Bogus comments unfortunately carries more weight than our common Citizens many times.
In the end, what did he Gain?? SMH
Go Jags!!!

I know people don't like me on this board and I don't care, but I gotta side with neil on this. now is it a big deal??? well I have been taught since I was a child and I teach it and instill it in my own kids...PERCEPTION IS EVERYTHING!! especially when the media is present. I don't agree with jacquet tone and words towards an adult. i'm old school. right or wrong, as a CHILD you shut your mouth and say nothing at all or reply with no sir/maam yes sir/maam. perception comes into play again with the not shaking hands when a D-1 school trying to recruit your dumb behind and you not showing sportsmanship. these people at the college and pro level are coming down on attitude or ANYTHING hinting to trouble. instead of intimidating(obviously it didn't work) shake hands show you are a good kid. now had something happened, like a brawl on the field, who you think the UIL would have came down on?? oh and if you going to be all hard, how about look the brook players eye to eye instead of looking at the ground...I know these are kids, but that was a gash move...soulja u my boy, but that's foul and toby needs to be slapped with a big wet open hand!!!

Where did he call them thugs? I don't see it in the post, and no one has said where they saw it. Could it be that this is being blown out if proportion due to hearsay? Kinda like that situation where the little kid was shot in the back while retreating with his hands up?

good call scat, I was going to use ferguson as an example how perception is everything. guy was on camera acting a thug and stealing, but nah he could not possibly assault a cop...GTFOH!! when you act a certain way, don't get upset when people place you in that category...something telling me toby and the pussycats will be trying to hug the titians on Friday to save face from this and from getting the brakes beat off them