An interesting event before the Central/West Brook game

This little deal happens alot(no big deal),now when a team is not on the playing field w/the fans that paid to watch don't come out for school song/national anthem as far as I'm concerned that coaching staff will never earn any respect from me=Disgrace to every veteran that bore the brutality of war so we can live free & honor their sacrafices.

Who's down playing it dude ? I said he was wrong and he will take his punishment for it... What the hell else are you looking for? Whats done is done, you learn from mistakes and you move on. I'm not down playing it, but like I said before I'm not going to crucify a other wise great kid for making one mistake......he made a bad decision, he recognize it and like a MAN he will take what ever punishment that handed down....Bottom line

@ cam.... We all good bro! I guess I over reacted....those boys are to good of friends for us to be going at it....we can chop it up when I see you at the Butch...

Adults have made an intimadation move into a problem. I guarantee these kids were wanting to intimidate the opposing team and in the end stood up dusted themself off, shook hands and said good luck the rest of the way to each other and left it all on the field of play!!! Its ashame that adults have made it a bigger issue than needed!!

If you care to take a closer look of the pic in the article, you will see that this was the first meeting of the captains off the field where they actually do the coin flip. You are correct in the fact there are two "coin flip" meetings with the captains. The one at midfield is just ceremonial. The "no shaking of the hands" took place in the endzone in the first meeting of captains.

So, what does your heart say now? ;) :rolleyes:

so did they shake hands in the middle of the field when all eys was on them?

Bandkid, you know you're my dude, but you're wrong. This situation wasn't started from the BISD and divde. It was a rivalry thing and a nonrelivant guy chose to shame the kids on social media...

Maybe the handshake issue wasn't, but I guarantee you the Facebook post and everything that follows was.

Should they have shaken hands? Yes.
Should Mike Neil be butt hurt? No.
Conflict resolved moving on

Assuming he is the only that one has taken offense to it?

I see a lot of pointing out Neil but I think he only brought it to light. If he was a one man band, it would have been a dead issue before it started. I somehow don't think that is the case. 

Don't know, wasn't there to see.

But you clearly stated that they shook hands in the first meeting of the captains off the field. According to the pic and the article, that did not happen.

Like i said it doesnt matter, i'm sure they shook hands at some point. Youre a SETX rep you could have been taken this mess down but you chose to keep adding fuel to the fire and wasnt even there. What if everyone just listened to BS no one would have supported your family during the BISD RIF!!! I have clearly heard stuff regarding a particular  program @ that school, does that mean its gospel!!! Didnt want to go here but you keeping this particular post up is very questionable, we are talking about some kids actions. What if your boys were crucified for every bad decision they made by people that dont know anything about their character!!! SMH Its amazing how soon we forget who supported you and your family!!

Like i said it doesnt matter, i'm sure they shook hands at some point. Youre a SETX rep you could have been taken this mess down but you chose to keep adding fuel to the fire and wasnt even there. What if everyone just listened to BS no one would have supported your family during the BISD RIF!!! I have clearly heard stuff regarding a particular  program @ that school, does that mean its gospel!!! Didnt want to go here but you keeping this particular post up is very questionable, we are talking about some kids actions. What if your boys were crucified for every bad decision they made by people that dont know anything about their character!!! SMH Its amazing how soon we forget who supported you and your family!!

I am pretty sure you have me mistaken for someone else. I nor any of my family has ever worked for BISD.

This story was put online by a local newspaper and was on 12 News. It's not uncommon that we post articles and news stories from our local media outlets.

I doubt i have you mistaken you for someone else, but if i did nothing changes the fact that you started this thread.

Ok after looking at the pic it was taken at the pre pre game meetings, so with that being said if the REFs thought it was an issue they would have called the administrator on duty ( which is required per UIL). If and when that person was called , lets just assume they were contacted by the REF, the administrator would than contact the coaches to address any sportsmanship issues because we dont know if the WB kids said something before the pic. We just dont know the entire story!! One thing we do know is that they shook hands at some point with no issues, so if there was an issue with the Central kids it was addressed to them by their coach. So why should the coaches be called out for kids actions. I know you will say the coaches are responsible, youre right. I promise you the Central coaches will take care of it!!!!!!

I feel the same way concerning teachers, their bonus should not have been dictated by how kids did on a TAKS test because some kids want to learn and some dont. Another example of a bad decision!!! Just saying

Wow I go to Florida and all this happens? Lol. I was at that coin flip with our camera guy. Honestly didn't think anything about it besides what you see in rivalries sometimes. Is it the best sportsmanship...no. Is it a big deal no way. Honestly if you get a chance to be on the sideline and hear what players from multiple schools bark at each other, refusing to shake hands is mild.

Wow I go to Florida and all this happens? Lol. I was at that coin flip with our camera guy. Honestly didn't think anything about it besides what you see in rivalries sometimes. Is it the best sportsmanship...no. Is it a big deal no way. Honestly if you get a chance to be on the sideline and hear what players from multiple schools bark at each other, refusing to shake hands is mild.

exactly!

I doubt i have you mistaken you for someone else, but if i did nothing changes the fact that you started this thread.

Ok after looking at the pic it was taken at the pre pre game meetings, so with that being said if the REFs thought it was an issue they would have called the administrator on duty ( which is required per UIL). If and when that person was called , lets just assume they were contacted by the REF, the administrator would than contact the coaches to address any sportsmanship issues because we dont know if the WB kids said something before the pic. We just dont know the entire story!! One thing we do know is that they shook hands at some point with no issues, so if there was an issue with the Central kids it was addressed to them by their coach. So why should the coaches be called out for kids actions. I know you will say the coaches are responsible, youre right. I promise you the Central coaches will take care of it!!!!!!

I feel the same way concerning teachers, their bonus should not have been dictated by how kids did on a TAKS test because some kids want to learn and some dont. Another example of a bad decision!!! Just saying

Again, I, Mike Sanchez, nor any of my family, has ever worked for Beaumont ISD. You definitely have me mistaken for someone else. I am not a coach or teacher. Never have been before and I am too old to start another career.

Did you guys not run a story on it during the Blitz or was this picked up by the BE on it's own? I am asking only because the pic is from KBMT 12.

You started all of this crap, Director/manager!!!! SMH

Look I assure you that I don't always agree with Mike "AAW"...but this is what's wrong with our society...we get mad at the effect instead of the cause. The root cause was a few players trying to make a statement of some sort...I can only make a summation that the intended statement was " we are about to go to battle and we are not friends for the next 48 min"...did the media have a hand in blowing this out of proportion..."yes", but ultimately the blame falls squarely on the actions, "the cause" not "the effect"! I played in two of the original Beaumont Bowls, back when they were televised and it was just West Brook and Central. This was when 20,000 plus showed up...when the rivalry was at its biggest point...we met at the fifty and we extended a hand to each other and strapped it up and went to battle...it's so simple...is it right or wrong...but blaming any media source in today's day and time will do nothing but help fuel similar actions in the future. On the other hand before folks persecute the individuals and program...remember these are kids and they do make mistakes and we should give the coaches the opportunity to act on a corrective level, which I'm sure they will. In addition, when that happens it does not need to be out in the public, but in the coaches office and it does not need to be some over blown event. All this bickering on this thread needs to be dropped...let it go folks.