Outrage in STL

Mr. Buddy Garrity

@MichaelSkolnik: Police Chief makes reference to "strong armed" robbery that preceded shooting of #MikeBrown. Infers Darren Wilson was looking for suspect.

Strong Armed to me means having weapons in which Brown did not, so now there's still a robbery suspect on the loose smh.

Actually it is the opposite unless there is some specific statute in MO that says otherwise. Strong Arm is a fast description of an unarmed robbery other than "strong arms". 

The MO Penal Code defines it as "forcibly steals". 

Gee.... you mean false information is put out to the public? 

@WesleyLowery: Not handed out: a use of force report, any police report written by Officer Wilson, any narrative of shooting

That is almost never handed out and is privileged information and I believe in most states and under federal law, protected. 

Most of the tweets are gibberish from people that have no clue or are speculating. 

I have addressed a couple above and could do so on many of them. I understand the questions but they are put forth as rhetorical statements of guilt on the part of the police and that does not always square with the law or procedure. 

Merely saying someone was a suspect in a robbery that may have just happened means that he fits the general description. I have seen many people stopped and released on scene (and have done so myself) or at times arrested for something else other than the original intent of the stop. When a radio broadcast goes out that a small white car similar to a Honda or Toyota just left the scene, every small white car will likely be stopped in the immediate area. It doesn't mean that they are all guilty, it means they appear to be a possible suspect. 

Michael Brown might have fit the description without being the person the police sought, if they were actually looking for someone. By saying that someone talked to a store clerk and having him say that Brown was not the person means almost nothing except that he wasn't the person. It does not negate Brown looking like a description given or the police having lawful justification to detain him. 

None of that means that the police actually broadcast a description or if Brown generally fit that description but it is lawful for such a scenario to exist. The police should still release the tapes of the 911 call of the robbery, the radio broadcasts given to officers, etc. In fact the outside agencies looking into this incident probably already have it but it doesn't have to be immediately be released to the public. Not releasing it is seen by some as an admission of guilt which is incorrect. 

What do this prove is he doing anything illegal in this pic... is he doing anything that's shows why he should or not been shot.. how many Americans dont have gun/cash in there home.

That is not a typical photo however. I have lots of guns and a bit of cash. I have never been inclined to take such a photo and I doubt that many people reading this forum have done so either. 

It means nothing by itself but it tends to show a bit less of the choir boy image that is being portrayed by some of Brown. In some ways it is the reverse of what is being done to the officer involved and to the police in general. It is taking something that in itself means nothing but one side or the other is using it as proof of guilt. 

What do this prove is he doing anything illegal in this pic... is he doing anything that's shows why he should or not been shot.. how many Americans dont have gun/cash in there home.

I think it's the perfect picture of a "college bound" kid with a bright future....

And that is the problem.....The media and certain people are trying to make this kid in to a saint, when in fact, he was probably a normal stupid teenager.  As TVC stated, the picture means nothing and has nothing to do with what happened......but when the media paints that perfect picture, photo's like this don't help the image.....

Chief said cop didn't know bout a robbery, stopped him for jaywalking. Media never asked for the video footage like what the chief says. Smh lol, that chief is doing some fishy stuff, I had my doubts bout him from the beginning, seems to me he might be trying to save his ass from this situation.

Chief said cop didn't know bout a robbery, stopped him for jaywalking. Media never asked for the video footage like what the chief says. Smh lol, that chief is doing some fishy stuff, I had my doubts bout him from the beginning, seems to me he might be trying to save his ass from this situation.

If the chief lied, he is stupid, period. 

I understand refusing to give out information as much of it is legally protected and may do more harm than good. Giving false statements are a ticket to disaster and can rarely be hidden. It is just too easy to prove some things as a lie. 

Which makes me wonder if the chief is lying, he is telling the truth and other people are spinning things to fit their agenda or he is a bumbling idiot. 

Are both answers plausible? What if Brown was stopped for jaywalking and during that lawful detention, it turned into a robbery suspect that went out over the radio? 

I stopped a guy one night for a headlight out and ended up arresting him for murder. I had no clue that he was a murder suspect but if you read the report, he was initially stopped for a minor traffic charge but ended up in jail for two counts of murder. 

Therein lies the problem with speculation in such cases. What appears to be an outright falsification might actually be entirely correct. Everyone assumes that they know the answer when they know nothing. 

@andybankertv: #Ferguson PD chief: officer approached Brown simply because Brown was blocking traffic/walking In middle of street @FOX2now FOX2now

So an officer can't "simply" confront someone walking in the middle of the street? 

Here goes the spin......had he not confronted him for that "traffic" law he was bending he would still be alive......

So an officer can't "simply" confront someone walking in the middle of the street? 

Here goes the spin......had he not confronted him for that "traffic" law he was bending he would still be alive......

On a similar case, we had an officer's patrol vehicle shot one night in the windshield. I went to that area and was blocking a road and had stopped a vehicle for something entirely different. Other officers were at the scene a block or so away. 

There was some radio traffic but I wasn't paying attention to it as I was dealing with three or four guys that I had detained. Then I saw police units heading my way and heard my badge number on the radio and an officer saying something like, "TVC has them stopped".

That is why the units were screaming in my direction. I had inadvertently stopped the suspects in an officer almost being shot. What if I had been in a shootout right there with suspects that may have fired at officers? I did not stop them for that reason. 

No, you are right.  But, why hasn't the media shown this picture?  Just curious.

Wonder why the kid with him wasnt arrested if they were involved in a robbery…

Let's play what if. What if the video is what the police were going out to when broadcasting a description? Looking at the video, there was only one suspect they push the clerk so all he wants us back in the robbery. Simply being with the person does not mean you're involved. If that was true a passenger could get a ticket for speeding when he is in the car.

@FOX2now: Attorney for #Ferguson Market says a customer called 911 Saturday. Not the owner or employee. via @JeffBernthal

Does who called 911 matter?

These tweets are nothing but a smokescreen. There appears to be plenty of evidence that the officer made a lawful stop. That is of no consequence because what happened after the stop is what matters. Did the officer have a legal authority to use deadly force in what he did or was it unjustified? The rest is just fluff.