Outrage in STL

Mr. Buddy Garrity

I know plenty of cops.  I promise you, they don't want to shoot anybody because of the hassle afterwards(not to mention the trauma of just shooting someone).   But, I do know a few who probably shouldn't be there.  The power trip guys.  The law enforcement career seems to attract a lot of those guys.  That said, I would bet almost every time that the officer felt he had no choice. 

That is a fairly true statement. If you ask (off the record) police officers from any department, they can mention officers that should not be there. I still don't know any of them that have shot anyone without a great cause and if we only went by "lawful" use of force, many mid to large size departments could kill people every day and be cleared of wrongdoing. 

The public for the most part has no clue how many deadly force situations an officer faces in a career where the could have been lawful use of deadly force. There are probably 5 or 6 times that I can think of in my career that I could have lawfully used that amount of force and I was lucky to live without doing so. I have watched several videos of officers that died because they went too far in not using lawful force to defend themselves. 

Man wth is going on up there?!

Idiots wanting their 1.5 seconds of fame and acting out. 

Then you have comments from people that have no clue of law, authority or rights and spit out their opinions (not facts) but are reported as facts. 

Buddy. I am following you, but the business about being thrown into a soda fountain because he didn't know which door to leave by sounds like bs.  My skeptical side tells me he was being an ass.

the other guy says they were assaulted but didn't state he or the other guy were thrown into a soda machine though.

@PzFeed: RIGHT NOW: TEAR GAS AND RUBBER BULLETS FIRED AT PROTESTERS IN FERGUSON. Via @PaulSzoldra http://twitter.com/PzFeed/status/499739913026551808/photo/1

Here we go again…… .

Yesterday I saw a couple of different photos of mothers covering their babies faces against the tear gas (according to the media reporting the photos). 

My initial thought was how stupid these women were to be at a protest of any kind, much less with a lot of violence, and toting small babies or children. Then they expose defenseless children who they have a lawful obligation to protect to rubber bullets and tear gas. My second thought was that they should be arrested for child abuse. 

How stupid can some people get?