Outrage in STL

Mr. Buddy Garrity

Could someone issue out a curfew or something in place or would that be against the peoples right to protest... because from the news and BG post it's sounding like all is about lost.

I think a curfew would be legal. They issue them in certain situations(TVC?)

There needs to be some community leaders calming down the protesters and let everyone do their job.

I think a curfew would be legal. They issue them in certain situations(TVC?)

There needs to be some community leaders calming down the protesters and let everyone do their job.

A curfew depends on declaring a state of emergency under the laws of that state. It depends on MO law on what can be an emergency, who can declare it and to what extent it allows such actions. 

We have declared a curfew during hurricanes after the mayor declared a state of emergency under TX law and a violation of the curfew was a Class B misdemeanor or up to 6 months in jail. We did arrest a few people for that violation. 

@AntonioFrench: State Senator asks the #Ferguson police chief if she's going to be gassed again. https://vine.co/v/MYXPAb9XIqZ

If she gets in with the criminal riot she will be.

In TX it takes 7 people and all that participate are committing a criminal offense. Under our law, what is happening up there is definitely a riot. 

I know plenty of cops.  I promise you, they don't want to shoot anybody because of the hassle afterwards(not to mention the trauma of just shooting someone).   But, I do know a few who probably shouldn't be there.  The power trip guys.  The law enforcement career seems to attract a lot of those guys.  That said, I would bet almost every time that the officer felt he had no choice.