Outrage in STL

Mr. Buddy Garrity

TVC: Whats the scenario of two separate investigations: state and fbi?

Anyone can investigate it. It is concurrent jurisdiction. For example let's say there is an accusation of a crime happened in a city in Jefferson County and it had a possible federal violation also (all laws are not federal for example DWI). The city has jurisdiction, the county has jurisdiction, the state has jurisdiction and the federal government has jurisdiction. Any of those four could investigate a crime independently or work with any or all of the others in a joint investigation.

Under most circumstances crimes are investigated at the local level. In some high profile cases or under their jurisdiction, the federal government with its dozens of investigative law enforcement agencies might get involved such as this case. Rob a7-11 at gunpoint and you will have the local cops after you. Rob the local bank and you will likely see the FBI breathing down your neck as it is both a state law crime and a federal law crime. 

I have no clue how they are investigating the shooting in Ferguson but the Ferguson PD, St. Louis County PD, the MO State Police (Highway Patrol) and the FBI could all look into it. I "think" right now at the state level it has been turned over to the MO Highway Patrol and probably the FBI at the federal level. 

Something tells me that alot of these looters are out-of-towners going up to Ferguson to start trouble.

Looters are what looters always are. They are criminals looking for some incident to take advantage of. I am sure that some are from out of the area but just as sure that there are plenty of locals in the St. Louis County area that are just as low life as anyone else.

Looters are what looters always are. They are criminals looking for some incident to take advantage of. I am sure that some are from out of the area but just as sure that there are plenty of locals in the St. Louis County area that are just as low life as anyone else.

when I say out of townersim ttalking about STL the city, Ferguson is right north of the city, short drive.

Anyone can investigate it. It is concurrent jurisdiction. For example let's say there is an accusation of a crime happened in a city in Jefferson County and it had a possible federal violation also (all laws are not federal for example DWI). The city has jurisdiction, the county has jurisdiction, the state has jurisdiction and the federal government has jurisdiction. Any of those four could investigate a crime independently or work with any or all of the others in a joint investigation.

Under most circumstances crimes are investigated at the local level. In some high profile cases or under their jurisdiction, the federal government with its dozens of investigative law enforcement agencies might get involved such as this case. Rob a7-11 at gunpoint and you will have the local cops after you. Rob the local bank and you will likely see the FBI breathing down your neck as it is both a state law crime and a federal law crime. 

I have no clue how they are investigating the shooting in Ferguson but the Ferguson PD, St. Louis County PD, the MO State Police (Highway Patrol) and the FBI could all look into it. I "think" right now at the state level it has been turned over to the MO Highway Patrol and probably the FBI at the federal level.

thx, that police chief confused the heck outta me.

thx, that police chief confused the heck outta me.

Again, the definition of "chaos". Chief Has Arrived On Scene

When they get to be chiefs, they are no longer cops and are politicians. That is the nature of the job but it is what it is. 

@MichaelSkolnik: BREAKING: Police in Ferguson, MO shot (10 times) and killed a 17 unarmed teenager. Developing... http://twitter.com/MichaelSkolnik/status/498253906045329408/photo/1

Your very first post is from a guy reporting as fact that he was shot ten times. Reports being released now say 4-6 shots were fired. That may seem insignificant, but it's a very good example of inaccuracy in the "facts" that are being reported. The guy who twittered that got the "shot ten times" from a "witness" or someone who talked to a "witness". Which certainly calls into question how accurate "witness" accounts actually are in this case.

It's these sort of inaccuracies that show that we need to wait before casting judgement. If people were saying he was shot ten times and it was more like half that, it's also possible that they're incorrect on how the whole thing went down. Did he get shot close to the car and end up 35 feet away? Did he raise his hands after he'd already been shot 5 times? Or did it really go down the way that the twitter folks are saying? They've already been a wrong a few times, so it's kind of hard for me to take their word as gospel.

It's these sort of inaccuracies that show that we need to wait before casting judgement. If people were saying he was shot ten times and it was more like half that, it's also possible that they're incorrect on how the whole thing went down. Did he get shot close to the car and end up 35 feet away? Did he raise his hands after he'd already been shot 5 times? Or did it really go down the way that the twitter folks are saying? They've already been a wrong a few times, so it's kind of hard for me to take their word as gospel.

same as the police chief, I get what you're saying.

@FOX2now: St. Louis County Police say they were told to stand down by the Missouri State Highway Patrol #Ferguson

@zimmtv: Important to say: The people who are demonstrating CARE about their city. The people who loot, dont. Big difference. #Ferguson @FOX2now

@FOX2now: MO Attorney General @Koster4Missouri tells @GeorgeSells that a curfew is being discussed in #Ferguson