how well will newton and west orange -stark match up this year

Not sure what I meant? WOS due to the new alignment will now be among the largest schools in the classification. Prior to alignment they were in the middle of the pack in enrollment. You are correct in that WOS has "held their own". They have routinely "held their own' and got beat by the superior teams to the North and West 25 out of 27 years. The new classification will help as most of the schools that beat WOS are either in a different classification or in a different region. Some of the programs will still be there such as Belville and LaMarque though LM seems to be fading fast. I expect WOS to win the region next year. WOS will have their best chance for a championship next year.

I wasnt going to continue commenting on this thread due to the simple fact of your obsession with Wos and doing everything you can to try and tell us how bad they are. What in the world is your problem? Wos is a tradition rich school that IS a state contender every year. Whats funny is how you say they havent done this or havent done that in 27 years......i guess you pick and choose a random number of years to lush your agenda. Why not just round it out at 30 years? Oh, thats because it would mute your point. By your logic, if we would have won state last year, you would say" Wos is overrated, they havent won anything in football in 6months. Give me a break. Stop drinking the jealous flavored kool-aid and take a deep breath. To 99% of hs teams in Texas, making the REGION FINALS three years in a row is pretty successful. Wos just ran into teams that were better than them. It happens, big deal. By your logic, if a team doesnt win state every year, but makes the playoffs and goes deep for only 27 years straight then they are only good in a 30 mile radius? Lol. Come on man. The more you post, the more i have to believe your just stirring the pot. You have to be, you dont make sense.

Wrong, they are completely segregated. They will not see each other in the playoffs or district. Exactly the same as 2A, 3A, 4A, 5A. It does not matter if you call it 4AD1, 4AD2, 4AD3, 3A, 20A, 50A. They are separate. In the former classification the two divisions were in the same districts and same playoffs relative to enrollment on any given year. Hence, WOS rotating from D1 or D2. They cannot rotate now as they are in a single classification (4AD2).  Classification or division is merely a play on words. Football in 4AD2 is as separate from 4AD1 as 1A is from 6A.

I believe I stated that NOW the districts are divided by divisions unlike in the past when the division didn't start till playoffs. It's still all in one classification.

I wasnt going to continue commenting on this thread due to the simple fact of your obsession with Wos and doing everything you can to try and tell us how bad they are. What in the world is your problem? Wos is a tradition rich school that IS a state contender every year. Whats funny is how you say they havent done this or havent done that in 27 years......i guess you pick and choose a random number of years to lush your agenda. Why not just round it out at 30 years? Oh, thats because it would mute your point. By your logic, if we would have won state last year, you would say" Wos is overrated, they havent won anything in football in 6months. Give me a break. Stop drinking the jealous flavored kool-aid and take a deep breath. To 99% of hs teams in Texas, making the REGION FINALS three years in a row is pretty successful. Wos just ran into teams that were better than them. It happens, big deal. By your logic, if a team doesnt win state every year, but makes the playoffs and goes deep for only 27 years straight then they are only good in a 30 mile radius? Lol. Come on man. The more you post, the more i have to believe your just stirring the pot. You have to be, you dont make sense.

I agree with everything you have wrote as I have stated that WOS is the best 3A team in SETX many times. We have essentially been comparing the programs of Newton and WOS. At the current time Newton is a state power in their division/classification, WOS has not been for a long time. They will become much more relevant next year.  

I agree with everything you have wrote as I have stated that WOS is the best 3A team in SETX many times. We have essentially been comparing the programs of Newton and WOS. At the current time Newton is a state power in their division/classification, WOS has not been for a long time. They will become much more relevant next year.

Fair enough but i still believe they are alot better than you give them credit for. I guess well soon see being in a clasification with similar enrollment/participating kids, etc. and on the comment about the facilities being better to the North and West from another poster, i agree. Seems that for the exception of the new BISD stadium, we are WAY behind. Look at Carthage for example. Some say they rival some small college facilities. Im not sure if its taxes or bonds but how do they afford that? I thought the "robin hood law" tried to distribute tax revenue equally among districts.

Fair enough but i still believe they are alot better than you give them credit for. I guess well soon see being in a clasification with similar enrollment/participating kids, etc. and on the comment about the facilities being better to the North and West from another poster, i agree. Seems that for the exception of the new BISD stadium, we are WAY behind. Look at Carthage for example. Some say they rival some small college facilities. Im not sure if its taxes or bonds but how do they afford that? I thought the "robin hood law" tried to distribute tax revenue equally among districts.

There are better facilities than Carthage out there. Tatum, Huffman, Bullard to name a few. Carthage does have best scoreboard.

Here's how they do it...football is very important in Carthage and they are willing to spend any amount of money necessary to make sure they have the best stadium, equipment, indoor facility, turf, uniforms, weight room, coaches, etc that money can buy. That's how they do it. People down here in southeast Texas are still living in 1998 thinking you can go out and just work hard and win. That's true to an extent, but a team that has the type of facilities at their disposal that Carthage has is going to beat a team that has nothing but a run down grass field and a 1991 weight room. Wins can be and are BOUGHT every Friday night in the fall!

Here's how they do it...football is very important in Carthage and they are willing to spend any amount of money necessary to make sure they have the best stadium, equipment, indoor facility, turf, uniforms, weight room, coaches, etc that money can buy. That's how they do it. People down here in southeast Texas are still living in 1998 thinking you can go out and just work hard and win. That's true to an extent, but a team that has the type of facilities at their disposal that Carthage has is going to beat a team that has nothing but a run down grass field and a 1991 weight room. Wins can be and are BOUGHT every Friday night in the fall!

Although I agree with this wholeheartedly.. In fact, I've made this exact point before..

You can't say this. Not only does nobody want to hear it...nobody on this site will ever believe this.

[T name="89falcon" post="1490314" timestamp="1400005480"]

There are better facilities than Carthage out there. Tatum, Huffman, Bullard to name a few. Carthage does have best scoreboard.[/quote]

As a whole, The schools you name .Still no comparison To Carthage Facilities. ...

[T name="89falcon" post="1490314" timestamp="1400005480"]

There are better facilities than Carthage out there. Tatum, Huffman, Bullard to name a few. Carthage does have best scoreboard.[/quote]

As a whole, The schools you name .Still no comparison To Carthage Facilities. ...

I have not been in the Huffman facilities and have only seen pictures. I have been inside of the others and Bullard and Tatum are superior to Carthage. Tatum may be the best in the state for a 3A or under. Carthage does have the best service in the box. They have someone to bring you food and drinks throughout the game.

I have not been in the Huffman facilities and have only seen pictures. I have been inside of the others and Bullard and Tatum are superior to Carthage. Tatum may be the best in the state for a 3A or under. Carthage does have the best service in the box. They have someone to bring you food and drinks throughout the game.

Have you not seen Carthage's new 100 yard indoor facility? It's second to none. But make no mistake 89, I'm totally on the same page with you on every one of your posts.

Have you not seen Carthage's new 100 yard indoor facility? It's second to none. But make no mistake 89, I'm totally on the same page with you on every one of your posts.

Have not been in there. I have been in Tatum's and Kilgore's. I was primarily referring to the stadiums. Carthage also utilizes some old facilities as part of their package. The visiting teams stay in the old locker room. Bullard is new across the board. Tatum has everything Carthage has without the scoreboard. Tatum has new facilities for visitors.

Disagree. Have you seen the facilities in Tatum? Yea Carthage has 25 more yards and a bigger video screen but that's about the only things they have better than Tatum.

Exactly. Carthage still utilizes 20-30 year old facilities. Tatum is the best hands down. As a whole, everything Tatum has is brand new and world class. There is no comparison between their gyms.

Have not been in there. I have been in Tatum's and Kilgore's. I was primarily referring to the stadiums. Carthage also utilizes some old facilities as part of their package. The visiting teams stay in the old locker room. Bullard is new across the board. Tatum has everything Carthage has without the scoreboard. Tatum has new facilities for visitors.

Yessir Bullard is super nice. West Rusk, also up that way, has facilities that a 6A school would love to have.

Once again, just making blanket statement with no clue. Central beat Memorial 24-23 last year. WOS beat central 31-7. Last year. Not the 80s. Not the 90s. Last year. Try again.

Oh, by the way, who eliminated WOS from the playoffs last year? Did they win State? Was WOS their closest playoff game? Work that google site and get back to me.

To this day, I'd put an asterisk on that win vs Central... ;)

Stadiums are one thing Facilities are everything. .....

Video room with stadium seating. Seats 100

Five locker rooms, each with 80" slide screens, two 42" flat screens, xbox360... Varsity room has shoe dryers.

A study hall with laptops.

Three coaches offices and a kitchen between two of them.

Hot tub, ice bath whirl pool room.

The "little" weight room. Not the one that was featured in sales add in DCTF a few years ago.

Misc. equipment room and laundry room stuff.

Signed, Tatum's HS football field house.

I know some practice stadiums bigger than the stadium Rusk plays in, I found that interesting.

Bigger, does size indicate quality? If that is the case, Carthage is nowhere near the top. I was addressing the concept of facilities as a "whole". I agree that Carthage has more seating capacity on the home side at least.

Exactly. Carthage still utilizes 20-30 year old facilities. Tatum is the best hands down. As a whole, everything Tatum has is brand new and world class. There is no comparison between their gyms.

Their gym( Colesium) is unreal; not to mention their softball and baseball fields...they are immaculate!