how well will newton and west orange -stark match up this year

Video room with stadium seating. Seats 100
Five locker rooms, each with 80" slide screens, two 42" flat screens, xbox360... Varsity room has shoe dryers.
A study hall with laptops.
Three coaches offices and a kitchen between two of them.
Hot tub, ice bath whirl pool room.
The "little" weight room. Not the one that was featured in sales add in DCTF a few years ago.
Misc. equipment room and laundry room stuff.
Signed, Tatum's HS football field house.

Eagleborn looking forward to seeing y'all's stadium first game of the year, this is definitely a change in preseason on for us

Yes, it was a hard punch in the mouth. Buy let me say this. I for one seen that arse whipping comming since last spring. I kept it to myself, with the exception of a few. I'll also say that me myself.... Am glad that WO-S is off the schedule... At the same time, no hard feelings or bitterness toward Mustang football. I wish them well..

Yes, it was a hard punch in the mouth. Buy let me say this. I for one seen that arse whipping comming since last spring. I kept it to myself, with the exception of a few. I'll also say that me myself.... Am glad that WO-S is off the schedule... At the same time, no hard feelings or bitterness toward Mustang football. I wish them well..

Its all good here! After seeing the size of Central last year, kinda glad we are moving on. Lol Central is a sleeping giant, and with TF as the coach, good things are on the horizon. good luck this year, although i dont think Central needs it!

Eagleborn looking forward to seeing y'all's stadium first game of the year, this is definitely a change in preseason on for us

Stadium isn't huge by no means but it has a pretty good atmosphere.

Three-story brick press box, coliseum backdrop behind home stands, track complex and indoor behind visitor stands.

Not a bad place to watch a game.[attachment=44:image.jpg]

Why is it that southeast Texas is so far behind the rest of the state when it comes to athletic facilities? I just don't get it.

I think its a combination of things. For starters, i think we have way too many highschools for the ammount of overall area. Again this is just my opinion, but for instance in the Orange area you have 4. Wos, Orangefield, Bridge City and LCM. All are within 10 miles from each other. I bet on any given Friday, you could see the glow of the stadium lights at BC and Orangefield while sitting at Wos. All are within a few miles of each other. Lcm is a little farther out but still close. You could consolidate Orangefield and BC and then Wos and Lcm. That would give you 2 highschools in the Orange area with similar enrollments. Both would be 5a(the old 4a) and could have one new school district. With all of them together you have a financially sound district. Build an all purpose athletic complex like most large districts have in a central location. In that area I would say MLK drive. Lots of undeveloped land and i also think Woccisd owns some of it already. Once again, this is just a thought. Im not saying this should/could happen, Im just thinking outside the box. Would make for an interesting discussion though. Secondly, i just dont think the money is there to have such facilities with so many school districts in one small area. As a whole it could be done but because each district is small, the tax money isnt enough.

I think its a combination of things. For starters, i think we have way too many highschools for the ammount of overall area. Again this is just my opinion, but for instance in the Orange area you have 4. Wos, Orangefield, Bridge City and LCM. All are within 10 miles from each other. I bet on any given Friday, you could see the glow of the stadium lights at BC and Orangefield while sitting at Wos. All are within a few miles of each other. Lcm is a little farther out but still close. You could consolidate Orangefield and BC and then Wos and Lcm. That would give you 2 highschools in the Orange area with similar enrollments. Both would be 5a(the old 4a) and could have one new school district. With all of them together you have a financially sound district. Build an all purpose athletic complex like most large districts have in a central location. In that area I would say MLK drive. Lots of undeveloped land and i also think Woccisd owns some of it already. Once again, this is just a thought. Im not saying this should/could happen, Im just thinking outside the box. Would make for an interesting discussion though. Secondly, i just dont think the money is there to have such facilities with so many school districts in one small area. As a whole it could be done but because each district is small, the tax money isnt enough.

Interesting response...this could be the case, however if you look at the area to the north of us, many of those schools are relatively close to each other. West Rusk, Gladewater, Kilgore, Longview, Pine Tree, Tatum, Hallsville, and Gilmer are pretty close to one another and all have facilities that are second to none. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Orangefield may have the worst 3A(new 4A) facilities in the state.

Interesting response...this could be the case, however if you look at the area to the north of us, many of those schools are relatively close to each other. West Rusk, Gladewater, Kilgore, Longview, Pine Tree, Tatum, Hallsville, and Gilmer are pretty close to one another and all have facilities that are second to none. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Orangefield may have the worst 3A(new 4A) facilities in the state.

It has been many years since I have been to Orangefield but Colmesneil may be the worst that I have seen. Alto is not far behind. But they are 1A and not 3A. Tarkington and Huntington are at the low end of 3A facilities.

It has been many years since I have been to Orangefield but Colmesneil may be the worst that I have seen. Alto is not far behind. But they are 1A and not 3A. Tarkington and Huntington are at the low end of 3A facilities.

Chester is up there. Buna's facilities are pretty garbage as well...it appears as if their stadium is still suffering from the effects of Hurricane Rita

Im not too familiar with that area but have drove through it a few times. When I said you could see the other stadium lights from Wos, i wasn't exaggerating. As a crow flies, wos to Bridge City is probably 4 to 5 miles. Bc to Orangefield is about the same and Wos to Orangefield is about 8 miles im guessing. Might actually all be less than that. Orange County is one of the smallest counties(2nd or 3rd) in the state land wise but has 5 cities and 2 more that could be. Vidor, West Orange, Bridge City, Pinehurst and Orange are municipalities. Then you have Orangefield and Little Cypress that are large enough to incorporate. You could also say that Mauriceville is large enough also. Vidor is the farthest out at about 15 miles from Orange. All the others are clumped together. All have separate school districts except for West Orange/Pinehurst/southern half of Orange(West Orange Cove CISD) and Little Cypress/Mauriceville/ Northern half of Orange(LCMCISD). Doesnt make sense to have 5 seperate school districts in a county that could dang near fit inside loop 610 of Houston. Lol

• 4 months later...

My post said nothing of the sort! you on the other hand made the statement that WOS play weaks schools, that's not the case. WOS would love to test the waters for better competition but that would require traveling! This thread is about WOS and Newton meeting up this year! WOS wins BIG! Dont take it so serious! By the way are you a Newton fan, or you just trying to find a winning program to be a part of?

More WOS fans that know their football.

I dont think WOS fans or players feel that this game will be a blow out, Newton is a well coached team with lots of exciting players, BUT I dont think it will be as close as you Newton fans would like to see it, but this is JMO so it should be interesting when they meet!

Crickets?