how well will newton and west orange -stark match up this year

And Huffman will continue to be a school, when mentioned, people respond "who?"

Great, you are supposed to beat Huffman (though you dont beat them all the time). WOS is one the best teams in SETX. Compared to the teams to the North and West you are bye week in the playoffs.

Great, you are supposed to beat Huffman (though you dont beat them all the time). WOS is one the best teams in SETX. Compared to the teams to the North and West you are bye week in the playoffs.

just as Huffman is to us,besides only twice did a team in regions beat us badly wimberley and navasota

just as Huffman is to us,besides only twice did a team in regions beat us badly wimberley and navasota

That is where WOS is: "good", but not on the level with the superior 3A teams around the state who compete for championships. As stated too many times to count, WOS is the best 3A in SETX. The analogy to Huffman is not quite the same because you do not always beat Huffman.

I.E., Huffman

Exactly, except you dont always beat Huffman. You guys will have to find something other than Huffman to get me fired up. I have not been to a Huffman game since 1988. I have been long gone with my own teams.

Lets all see what happens this year! I guess losing in the region finals is bad thing compared to those teams sitting at the house who records indicate that they the are pathetic competitors as falcon says! I would much rather see my team play for the region championship year in and year out, than be sitting at home bashing the team that made it!

Lets all see what happens this year! I guess losing in the region finals is bad thing compared to those teams sitting at the house who records indicate that they the are pathetic competitors as falcon says! I would much rather see my team play for the region championship year in and year out, than be sitting at home bashing the team that made it!

That is the WOS protocol: "dream of winning the region". Teams such as Newton will try to win a state championship.

if you win the Region 4, you win it all, like the last 2 years! One game at a time!

Negative. Stephenville (region 1) and Navasota (region 3) won it in 2012, Carthage (region 3) and Argyle (region 2) in 2013. If you guys would make it out of the region once in while you would know these things.

I beg to differ, WOS HAS BEEN special outside of SETX. I know 2 of the past three years they have been to the regional semifinals and lost to the eventual state champs 2 of those three years.

WOS vs. Newton is tradionally a dogfight. Newton could probably beat many 4A bottom feeders (Huffnan, etc.) also. However, I would never call the Nederland's and PNG's 4A bottom feeders. Should be a great, close game. I wish it could be at Lamar (nothing against Newton, but the crowd should be SRO)

Seems to me you think the quality of football in the Golden Triangle area is not as good as your Houston area. These are two of the BEST teams in the state regardless of the area and the classification. Both teams will be just fine regardless of the outcome of this game. Great to see both coaches ACTUALLY play competition instead of just running up their win/loss record against hapless teams.

Your post said nothing of the sort? Here is your post:

Your too funny!!!!! WOS cannot possibly travel all over the state to play against top teams unless your intelligence can sponsor the trips. (you said unless your intelligence can sponsor the trips) Go get hooked on phonics! (you then said get hooked on phonics).

I don't care about WOS vs Huffman as WOS has traditionally been a better program. I have said multiple times that WOS is likely the best 3A in SETX though WOS is not undefeated against Huffman in the playoffs. WOS is among the better 3A programs in SETX along with Jasper. WOS is and has been nothing special outside of SETX. Newton on the other hand is a state power in 2A. This not in question.

Negative. Stephenville (region 1) and Navasota (region 3) won it in 2012, Carthage (region 3) and Argyle (region 2) in 2013. If you guys would make it out of the region once in while you would know these things.

My bad! still sleeping when i made the post!

I respect Newton on the field and would never run their team down, why do YOU feel YOU have to run us down to fuel your ego? I don't believe that Newton has been to the championship game since Hurricane Rita also. Doesn't mean that are not a great team. Kinda don't think they would have beat Navasota or Coldspring either.

That is the WOS protocol: "dream of winning the region". Teams such as Newton will try to win a state championship.

I respect Newton on the field and would never run their team down, why do YOU feel YOU have to run us down to fuel your ego? I don't believe that Newton has been to the championship game since Hurricane Rita also. Doesn't mean that are not a great team. Kinda don't think they would have beat Navasota or Coldspring either.

They kinda shouldn't beat Navasota or Coldspring, they are 2A. Newton is 2A power that is a contender for state championships. Newton won the region in 2012. Newton has won the region 6 times in 10 years. WOS has won the region twice in 27 years. I am not in the Houston area but I wholeheartedly maintain that the rural districts to the North and West are vastly superior to SETX. There is no question with 30 state championships in the last 27 years compared to 3 from SETX in the same span.

It is worthy of note that WOS is nearly guaranteed to make it out of the region next year. My prediction is that WOS will enjoy a return to glory by dropping down a classification and playing smaller schools. WOS fans will then claim they would made it anyway even if the were in the old classification and dismiss the coincidence of dropping and finally winning the region.  

It is worthy of note that WOS is nearly guaranteed to make it out of the region next year. My prediction is that WOS will enjoy a return to glory by dropping down a classification and playing smaller schools. WOS fans will then claim they would made it anyway even if the were in the old classification and dismiss the coincidence of dropping and finally winning the region.

Dropping classification? Not sure what you mean by that. There will be a division I 4A and a division II 4A. The only difference is WOS will play schools with equal enrollment no matter who finishes where in district.You may want to research that one. Last year WOS played in division I and held their own against schools with larger enrollment.

Dropping classification? Not sure what you mean by that. There will be a division I 4A and a division II 4A. The only difference is WOS will play schools with equal enrollment no matter who finishes where in district.You may want to research that one. Last year WOS played in division I and held their own against schools with larger enrollment.

Not sure what I meant? WOS due to the new alignment will now be among the largest schools in the classification. Prior to alignment they were in the middle of the pack in enrollment. You are correct in that WOS has "held their own". They have routinely "held their own' and got beat by the superior teams to the North and West 25 out of 27 years. The new classification will help as most of the schools that beat WOS are either in a different classification or in a different region. Some of the programs will still be there such as Belville and LaMarque though LM seems to be fading fast. I expect WOS to win the region next year. WOS will have their best chance for a championship next year.  

Just to clarify, WO-S is not dropping classification, just division. They will be DII not DI (which actually they have been mostly over the last several years, last year was DI for first time in many year).

The former "divisions" are now "classifications". They are completely segregated now there will be no variation depending upon the enrollment numbers.

It is 4A DI and 4A DII. Same classifications, just that districts are now divided by divisions.

Wrong, they are completely segregated. They will not see each other in the playoffs or district. Exactly the same as 2A, 3A, 4A, 5A. It does not matter if you call it 4AD1, 4AD2, 4AD3, 3A, 20A, 50A. They are separate. In the former classification the two divisions were in the same districts and same playoffs relative to enrollment on any given year. Hence, WOS rotating from D1 or D2. They cannot rotate now as they are in a single classification (4AD2).  Classification or division is merely a play on words. Football in 4AD2 is as separate from 4AD1 as 1A is from 6A.

Wrong, they are completely segregated. They will not see each other in the playoffs or district. Exactly the same as 2A, 3A, 4A, 5A. It does not matter if you call it 4AD1, 4AD2, 4AD3, 3A, 20A, 50A. They are separate. In the former classification the two divisions were in the same districts and same playoffs relative to enrollment on any given year. Hence, WOS rotating from D1 or D2. They cannot rotate now as they are in a single classification (4AD2). Classification or division is merely a play on words. Football in 4AD2 is as separate from 4AD1 as 1A is from 6A.

Ummm. We're saying the same thing dude.