how well will newton and west orange -stark match up this year

I don't really see what's hard to understand here...WOS has the highest winning % in the state. ... Playing against the likes of HJ, Hamshire, Silsbee...etc. like I said...the best team out of the bunch. So yes..they will consistently go 10-0, 9,1 ... I'm not saying they can help who they play because they can't. But the fact remains...they would not have that same winning % somewhere else.

They also consistently exit the playoffs when they see someone not from setx. Last 8 every year...yep. That's about when you see someone from another part of the state

Weve had the same results all the way back when we were a large 4a. I understand the premis of your argument but the facts are against you imo. Even back in the 90's we won 75 to 90% of our games and were arguably in one of the toughest districts in the state. Png, NederlandHey Jason, tried to call you a couple times but your phone is busy. Might not need to get in the gate untill this afternoon or tomorrow morning. But i would like to meet with you and whoever else about that second 16" that yall cant verify. I have my driller with me today to talk to yall about it. Do you have profiles of those bores? Just let me know when you want to meet. Thanks bud., Jasper were all deep run playoff teams and normaly state ranked. Even the mid to late 90's Lcm teams were very good.

Weve had the same results all the way back when we were a large 4a. I understand the premis of your argument but the facts are against you imo. Even back in the 90's we won 75 to 90% of our games and were arguably in one of the toughest districts in the state. Png, NederlandHey Jason, tried to call you a couple times but your phone is busy. Might not need to get in the gate untill this afternoon or tomorrow morning. But i would like to meet with you and whoever else about that second 16" that yall cant verify. I have my driller with me today to talk to yall about it. Do you have profiles of those bores? Just let me know when you want to meet. Thanks bud., Jasper were all deep run playoff teams and normaly state ranked. Even the mid to late 90's Lcm teams were very good.

It's 2014 sir. You and Bobcat55 can get together and talk about y'all's winning % and history, fact remains it's been an extremely long time since either school has won a state title. Hell, HD can't even get out of the first round. For that matter, it's been a long time since a setx team has won a state title..not including Houston area.

WB and PAM would definitely curb stomp WOS but most of the 4As would be competitive with WOS.

Once again, just making blanket statement with no clue. Central beat Memorial 24-23 last year. WOS beat central 31-7. Last year. Not the 80s. Not the 90s. Last year. Try again.

Oh, by the way, who eliminated WOS from the playoffs last year? Did they win State? Was WOS their closest playoff game? Work that google site and get back to me.

Once again, just making blanket statement with no clue. Central beat Memorial 24-23 last year. WOS beat central 31-7. Last year. Not the 80s. Not the 90s. Last year. Try again.

Oh, by the way, who eliminated WOS from the playoffs last year? Did they win State? Was WOS their closest playoff game? Work that google site and get back to me.

+1

Uhhhh....news flash. WOS is on the shortlist of the most consistent winners in Texas HS football history. In ALL classifications at that. I believe in WOS' 30 something year history they have had one losing season. And 1 or 2 .500 teams. Lets just state a simple provable fact....wos has the highest winning percentage in the State in any classification of Hs football. I dont see how consistently making it to the last 8 teams for the past 3 or 4 years only qualifies as being good in SETX. Seems pretty good statewide also. And to further validate, they have lost to the eventual state champ in most of the latest seasons.

Uhhh, WOS has two state championships in school history. They have made it out of the region twice in 27 years. WOS winning pctg is similar to Hull-Daisetta (also one of the winningest teams in Texas history). Just in case you missed it: 2 state champions (3 championships) from SETX in the last 27 years. 30 championships from ETX teams to the North and West. WOS is one of the better teams in SETX. That is all.

Wow...guess you got it all figured out then.

We'll try this on for size...since we're talking about "last year, not the 80s"

WOS beat Central.
Central beat PAM
PAM beat West Brook
West Brook beat Central????

So what's your point? This just proves my argument...they're all terrible.

WOS beat Central.
Central beat PAM
PAM beat West Brook

By the way... West Brook wasn't even a playoff team last year

Are you from Hull Daisetta? You are beating your chest about getting beat by the state champion? WOS gets beat every year by the first non SETX they play.

Oh and sorry for going all the way back to 2013. Didn't have more current data to use...

Why dont you pull up some recent data where WOS made it out of the region? If WOS was a couple of districts to the north they might watch the playoffs. No one outside of SETX cares how many times you beat Orangefiled, Buna, Hamshire Fannett, etc. They only care when you get out of the region.

Uhhh, WOS has two state championships in school history. They have made it out of the region twice in 27 years. WOS winning pctg is similar to Hull-Daisetta (also one of the winningest teams in Texas history). Just in case you missed it: 2 state champions (3 championships) from SETX in the last 27 years. 30 championships from ETX teams to the North and West. WOS is one of the better teams in SETX. That is all.

+1

WOS beat Central.
Central beat PAM
PAM beat West Brook

My point is I was responding to the post that Memorial and WB would "curb stomp" WOS. Reading comprehension is your friend....

Are you from Hull Daisetta? You are beating your chest about getting beat by the state champion? WOS gets beat every year by the first non SETX they play.

Carthage and WOS came down to the end f the 4th Q. It could have gone either way. Carthage then cruised to the title. That game was the most competitive they played in the playoffs. In other words, the argument could easily be made those were the best 2 teams in the state in that division.

Carthage and WOS came down to the end f the 4th Q. It could have gone either way. Carthage then cruised to the title. That game was the most competitive they played in the playoffs. In other words, the argument could easily be made those were the best 2 teams in the state in that division.

Another argument is that WOS gets beat by the first non-SETX team they play.

the title should be the argument. How well will newton and wos match up and the answer is newton will not match up,never have no matter the size of school

Great, you are supposed to beat a 2A. Now go find a way to advance out of the region. Newton will still be a superior program as they are a legitimate state power in their classification. WOS will still be an SETX special.

Weve had the same results all the way back when we were a large 4a. I understand the premis of your argument but the facts are against you imo. Even back in the 90's we won 75 to 90% of our games and were arguably in one of the toughest districts in the state. Png, Nederland, Jasper were all deep run playoff teams and normaly state ranked. Even the mid to late 90's Lcm teams were very good.

Just edited my post. Have no clue where that pipe stuff came from. Kinda scarry. Anyways, Att cell service has been bad the past few days. Sorry about that.

Great, you are supposed to beat a 2A. Now go find a way to advance out of the region. Newton will still be a superior program as they are a legitimate state power in their classification. WOS will still be an SETX special.

I understand what your saying. I know Wos is a mediocre team that barely makes the playoffs some years, then gets bounced the first round of the playoffs when they do. They just squeak in because their district is terrible. But hey, you can only play who is put in front of you right? Maybe one day they can at least make it to the second round or,Heaven help us, third round. Well get some super duper playoff t-shirts and wear them for 25 years so people know we made it a couple times.........oh....i meant Hargrave, not Wos. Oops, silly me.

I understand what your saying. I know Wos is a mediocre team that barely makes the playoffs some years, then gets bounced the first round of the playoffs when they do. They just squeak in because their district is terrible. But hey, you can only play who is put in front of you right? Maybe one day they can at least make it to the second round or,Heaven help us, third round. Well get some super duper playoff t-shirts and wear them for 25 years so people know we made it a couple times.........oh....i meant Hargrave, not Wos. Oops, silly me.

Considering that WOS is only 2-1 against Huffman in the playoffs I am not sure how that helps your case. It still does not change the fact that the greatness of WOS is historical only. There are programs to the North and West that expect to compete for state championships. WOS along with many other SETX teams are forced to be satisfied with winning the district or playing close with state contenders before they get bounced from the playoffs.  

I understand that WOS was great 30 years ago, I was in high school at the time and thought of WOS as such. Those days are long gone. WOS has made it out of the region twice in 27 years. WOS is a "good" program with much talent. WOS overwhelms the pathetic teams of SETX with talent. As soon as they meet a team with similar talent such as Gilmer, Carthage, Navasota, Coldspring, (even Huffman on occasion) etc. they get beat. That is a tradition of WOS that has lasted MANY years longer than the glory days of the 80s.