Plez Atkins hired as HC at Beaumont Ozen

it seems to me that everyone is missing the point.  if the coach really told chargois about the problem, and I believe he probably did, and chargois chose not to say anything to the board members, which appears to be true, the only conclusion is that chargois knew how toxic the topic would be and chose not to say anything because he knew the board would never go for the hire in the first place.  this is not about media scrutiny - this is about a school official having knowledge about something that is apparently important to many people - and then choosing to take a road that would lead to all of this trouble.  it should be the credibility of the superintendent that is being questioned, not the coach - and not the media. 

this has nothing to do with Kirbyville or hull-daisetta.  this is solely about a lack of leadership and a problem with credibility.

it seems to me that everyone is missing the point.  if the coach really told chargois about the problem, and I believe he probably did, and chargois chose not to say anything to the board members, which appears to be true, the only conclusion is that chargois knew how toxic the topic would be and chose not to say anything because he knew the board would never go for the hire in the first place.  this is not about media scrutiny - this is about a school official having knowledge about something that is apparently important to many people - and then choosing to take a road that would lead to all of this trouble.  it should be the credibility of the superintendent that is being questioned, not the coach - and not the media. 

this has nothing to do with Kirbyville or hull-daisetta.  this is solely about a lack of leadership and a problem with credibility.

Nailed it.  That's the point.  Not Ozen, not Atkins, but Chargois.  Thomas ----> Chargois is the issue here.

The biggest tragedy of all this is the kids at Ozen  are the ones that suffer because of the underachievemnt of the adults in charge. No reason why Admin cant find a Quality coach to run that program there at Ozen.  Shame on the admin and i feel sorry for the poor boys there left in limbo waiting for leadership.

Are they starting over?  Saw where Jason Speights from Anahuac applied.  Very good young coach with lots of energy and discipline. He also has many connections to the next level from having played college football.  Would be a good choice for Ozen in my humble opinion.

How "humble"  really is your opinion?  :)

This job is not for any or every candidate. If you don't understand how to deal with some of the social issues that come with the job, it will be tough. It's not just show up and play ball, respect, discipline, leadership skills, integrety and a ginuine concern for these kids success in sports and afterwards has to be apart of the solution, X's & O's are also needed. This next hire has to be right, not just because of someone's previous wins & losses!

Per 12 News tonight 3-27-2014 Plez Atkins feels he's still Ozen's coach and has hired an Austin attorney to represent him. It's a legal technicality in that Atkins feels the BISD board hasnt fired him and  "Chargois" has asked him to resign. What a mess. The student athletes are the ones getting punished and thats sad. :(  

Per 12 News tonight 3-27-2014 Plez Atkins feels he's still Ozen's coach and has hired an Austin attorney to represent him. It's a legal technicality in that Atkins feels the BISD board hasnt fired him and  "Chargois" has asked him to resign. What a mess. The student athletes are the ones getting punished and thats sad. :(  

This is exactly what I was expecting. This was one of the rumblings I had heard.

So, who (or persons) should be held accountable for this potential mess?

Accountability would be out of character for this Regime; requires responsible Adults. The reality of this is if the kids would have behaved as many of these people have, BISD would have the audacity to suspend/expel the kids for this sort of behavior & track record. SMH
2 Faced Liars!!!!!