Plez Atkins hired as HC at Beaumont Ozen

I blame a certain woman for all this mess which got started with getting rid of Nelson over personal feelings. ;)

I said that once before and damn near got my head chewed off...whose the red head step child if its not those kids Ozen...like I said if those certain people have they hand in the cookie jar these kids will get screwed again... Chag is coward he need to quit letting these women run over him

This episode is a total embarrassment , to every tax payer in Beaumont. I am not surprised of the decision by Atkins to take legal action. That's what happens, when you have incompetent individuals running your day to day operations. Their decisions are hurting our kids and community. Personally, I don't think they give a damn. How much more of this nonsense, are we going to endure ? Before TEA steps in and put an end to this night mare.

That's funny dove , you don't even pay bisd taxes, since you live in Fannett. I hope people of ozen start demanding heads, it's starting to get funny that admin makes rules as they go and lies at the drop of a hat!

Sounds like the guy in the White house!

To my knowledge high school head coaches/ADs are hired just like any other teacher in the school district. There are no contracts like in college or pros. They can be removed, excused or fired just like any other teacher in the state of Texas.

Teachers do have contracts.

Depending on how long this drags out in court and in the news, what happens to the football program? Can he continue to work as the head coach and perform any of those duties if he was not fired? This type of behavior by all sides is not helping the community or the school. Does anyone really care about the football team much less the image this is sending to all.

NO!!! BISD admin counld care less. now I hear there is a small divide and/ or rift at ozen between Hebert Alum and the parents of the players on the team over who should, shouldn't be coach, quality and qualification of coach.

This episode is a total embarrassment , to every tax payer in Beaumont. I am not surprised of the decision by Atkins to take legal action. That's what happens, when you have incompetent individuals running your day to day operations. Their decisions are hurting our kids and community. Personally, I don't think they give a damn. How much more of this nonsense, are we going to endure ? Before TEA steps in and put an end to this night mare.

It my go on until BISD admin achieve there goal of trying to cause many withdrawls from ozen to central. WB will be next. this is what it seems to me. remember you heard it here first, ijs.

Seems to me that some people are correct in saying its the admins that are at fault here. In my opinion, Atkins wouldnt have withheld the truth for the simple fact of exactly what is happening. Obviously, the situation with him wasnt that bad or was fabricated by an angry student if they gave him his cred back and dropped all charges. In todays age, a teacher/coach is guilty until proven innocent when it comes to allegations like these. Could have been a complete lie. Now look what happened.....BISD looks like complete idiots and a Coach has been smeared all over the media. Im not sure if there is a solution to all this but can guarantee you that this wont end well for BISD and most importantly the kids.

Talked to some folks "in the know". Atkins definitely has grounds for a lawsuit and has a great case to file.

I expect him to sue or BISD to either hire or "settle" with him out of court.

Thats all fine and dandy but what is going to happen until then? Does he try to coach when he technicaly isnt the coach or do nothing and the kids have no way of getting a new coach? No matter the fault, i see all parties lose unless maybe BISD lets him coach and puts it to rest. That could cause more problems though with some parents not wanting him there. Man, what a cluster...

Thats all fine and dandy but what is going to happen until then? Does he try to coach when he technicaly isnt the coach or do nothing and the kids have no way of getting a new coach? No matter the fault, i see all parties lose unless maybe BISD lets him coach and puts it to rest. That could cause more problems though with some parents not wanting him there. Man, what a cluster...

But "Technically" he IS the coach. He was offered and he accepted. He was sent on assignment by the district the day after he was board approved. If he's not the coach what is he - a Fedex Messenger?

the Hebert Alum are the ones that seem to have an issue because they want what they feel is of the pear orchard community. parents want the most qualified. but they dont seem to have an issue with Atkins.

Talked to some folks "in the know". Atkins definitely has grounds for a lawsuit and has a great case to file.

I expect him to sue or BISD to either hire or "settle" with him out of court.

I have also had conversations with some people that are not from this area but who have been "involved" in the mess that BISD has become.  I am told it is not if, but when, TEA comes in and takes over the district.  All due respect Dove, I don't care who is doing the reporting, it has been a circus over there for too long.

I have also had conversations with some people that are not from this area but who have been "involved" in the mess that BISD has become.  I am told it is not if, but when, TEA comes in and takes over the district.  All due respect Dove, I don't care who is doing the reporting, it has been a circus over there for too long.

I always thought of it as more of a zoo......