Plez Atkins hired as HC at Beaumont Ozen

Leave up to kfdm and channel 12 to dig up information regarding BISD...damn the man haven't got started yet and already BS...they acting like BISD is the first district to hire him since his suspension

I would say that in regards to what shape BISD is currently in, they should be extremely careful in who they are hiring these days.  Anyone with any baggage at all will be put through the microscope.

BISD opened themselves up for this scrutiny. Anyone should know this.

Leave up to kfdm and channel 12 to dig up information regarding BISD...damn the man haven't got started yet and already BS...they acting like BISD is the first district to hire him since his suspension

He worked for a junior college and was fired,  and NF?  How's that district working out?

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/news/article/New-Ozen-coach-was-previously-suspended-5347898.php

You have to take who you can get. Most of the people in Houston already knew about this. The argument back then was "Well, he didn't have to register and he got re-hired so it must not have been too bad". Fact of the matter is, there were only 14 applicants if I remember correctly. Sterling had like 70 and they've won like 3 games out of the last 30 or so. That should tell you where Ozen stands on the coaching radar. I'm not defending him but I thought this was common knowledge, especially to administrators. I've known of a teacher who had her liscense revoked for sending an "improper" text to a student, his was just suspended. I understand the uproar, but wouldn't the Panther faithful want his redemption story to be written in Beaumont? It's often better than the first act.  

In my opinion, if you work in education and you get caught having an improper relationship with a student, there should be no second chances.  When parents trust you with their children, and you abuse that trust, you are no longer fit to be alone with students.  If BISD did not know this info and hired him, they should be ashamed of their background check system.  If they knew it and hired him, they should just be flat out ashamed.  Either way, the kids at Ozen are the ones who lose in this situation.  No way Atkins survives this.

In my opinion, if you work in education and you get caught having an improper relationship with a student, there should be no second chances. When parents trust you with their children, and you abuse that trust, you are no longer fit to be alone with students. If BISD did not know this info and hired him, they should be ashamed of their background check system. If they knew it and hired him, they should just be flat out ashamed. Either way, the kids at Ozen are the ones who lose in this situation. No way Atkins survives this.

I hope he proves you and the rest of the media people wrong!!

When did this turn into a BISD Hate fest? Maybe we can wish the man good luck and see how he does, just like we did withFairclith at PN-G, ol dude at Lumberton Haynes at Lumberton or even Crouch at LC-M when they first started.

Witch hunt!!! The sad part is that you have no media outlets in your own communities to offset the onslaught of news whether true or false. Its the perceptions that are put out there on a constant basis to control your thinking to eventually sway you to the perceived "right" side, but in reality, you were already on the side of truth, justice & the american way.

JRidge, you may be the first person on this board who may actually have to eat crow during the offseason!  You are 0-2 on your last two head coaches that you have vouched for.  You officially get ZERO credibility when it comes to anything you say on this topic.  Whoever is the next head coach at Ozen will be the 4th coach in 13 months.  Now that has to be a record!  I say bring back Jeff!  JMO!!!!!!

When did this turn into a BISD Hate fest? Maybe we can wish the man good luck and see how he does, just like we did withFairclith at PN-G, ol dude at Lumberton Haynes at Lumberton or even Crouch at LC-M when they first started.

Hmmm, Did "Fairclith" , "Haynes" or "Crouch" have an improper relationship with a child? If they did, I'll be the first to ask for their firing......

Hmmm, Did "Fairclith" , "Haynes" or "Crouch" have an improper relationship with a child? If they did, I'll be the first to ask for their firing......

To be fair, the charges were dropped against Atkins and TEA reinstated his teaching certificate. Trust me, if there were any truth to the improper relationship, TEA would not have reinstated Atkins.

JRidge, you may be the first person on this board who may actually have to eat crow during the offseason!  You are 0-2 on your last two head coaches that you have vouched for.  You officially get ZERO credibility when it comes to anything you say on this topic.  Whoever is the next head coach at Ozen will be the 4th coach in 13 months.  Now that has to be a record!  I say bring back Jeff!  JMO!!!!!!

No disrespect to you either but Jeff backed into the playoffs each year! He was heading in the right direction though. Just because allegations were brought against someone doesn't mean it actually happened and it doesn't mean they don't know how to coach. Improper relationships is something that we should never take lightly though because our kids are first priority! It should have been looked into more carefully to find out if the suspension was warranted! Not all people in jail actually did the crime.

As for credibility, I don't seek support or approval from this site to determine my worth or who I am so credibility or eating crow, well let's just say I know I'm not the only one who has been wrong a time or two. Most people who actually know me know that if I was certified to coach a group such as Ozen, winning would not be a problem! ;)

I would say that in regards to what shape BISD is currently in, they should be extremely careful in who they are hiring these days.  Anyone with any baggage at all will be put through the microscope.

BISD opened themselves up for this scrutiny. Anyone should know this.

As much as I hate to agree with Aggie, he is 100% 98.9% correct!!!!