PNG Hire

Stattrax

11 hours ago, purpleeagle said:

So, how many state championships does Crosby have? 

Let’s see if this one will post, maybe too many brews earlier.  Crosby has played 31 out of a possible 32 games in the past 2 years.  Some folks hang in the those State Championships when leather helmets were worn and the fastest kid(all white kids) was running a 5.2 40.  Crosby is just fine, I’m a PNG fan also from back when I lived in Groves.  This entire situation is weird.  Did it take Todd Dodge being a consultant for this guy to say yes??? What was the purpose of that entire thing? 

On 2/11/2022 at 12:01 PM, hitman009 said:

I think the glass half empty has a lot to do with this statement. The way this whole thing went down is just bad.. Its going to take a while for the community to get the taste out of their mouths.. Also the way the panel was set up does not inspire faith as well.. This was a superintendent/board move no doubt. It was well known when he hired TD that someone he know was going to get the job... the panel "narrowed it down to 2" then he got to decide who he wanted to present... I have a hard time believing someone that is a younger coach with no AD/HC experience interviewed better than some of the other applicants.. A HARD TIME... It will be VERY interesting to see the applicants list when released... 

I still believe he will do well.. he has no choice.. ITS PNG!!

A local guy WAS the pick till the anger of the PNG community scared this persons board members buddies due to potential repercussions at election time so they went in complete damage control. It will all come out eventually. 

3 minutes ago, CougarCal said:

Let’s see if this one will post, maybe too many brews earlier.  Crosby has played 31 out of a possible 32 games in the past 2 years.  Some folks hang in the those State Championships when leather helmets were worn and the fastest kid(all white kids) was running a 5.2 40.  Crosby is just fine, I’m a PNG fan also from back when I lived in Groves.  This entire situation is weird.  Did it take Todd Dodge being a consultant for this guy to say yes??? What was the purpose of that entire thing? 

Trust me there is more to this than anyone will know. Leave it at that. I think we got the right guy in the end. 

Great choice was made, I think PN-G has a great future. 
My neighbor is one of the last living players from the 1954 state team. He had a stroke and does not know anyone. He was an all state lineman, his picture is in the book down trails of victory. His initials are WL. Keep him in your prayers.

I don't agree with the treatment of Faircloth and I wouldn't have got rid of him . I do agree with the hiring process of the new coach  and that they went outside the area. PNG athletes are no better than anyone else in the area but their high expectations when it comes to coaching is the difference maker.

My teams ISD keeps sub .500 coaches for over 20 years . Said  ISD= Jerry Jones  / Said ISDs coach = Tony Romo. 🙄

20 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Wrong.  It’s because you coach in a schooo district with two different HS’s with a HC job where you won’t have the AD title.  Strange thing is these people know this even before taking the job.  Now All of a sudden, it’s a problem.  🤷🏾‍♂️

Sorta. One thing I don't like is the fact you can be the head coach at one of the BISD schools for ten years and a new head coach at the other school will get the same salary. Shouldn't be that way.

And, they are underpaid.

48 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Wrong.  It’s because you coach in a schooo district with two different HS’s with a HC job where you won’t have the AD title.  Strange thing is these people know this even before taking the job.  Now All of a sudden, it’s a problem.  🤷🏾‍♂️

Does the Head coach have to teach a class? 

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Sorta. One thing I don't like is the fact you can be the head coach at one of the BISD schools for ten years and a new head coach at the other school will get the same salary. Shouldn't be that way.

And, they are underpaid.

The HC’s from what I was told gets different stipends.  Means they get different pay.

On 2/11/2022 at 7:22 AM, PNGFaithful said:

We didn’t have to layoff half our staff and football coach quit because of cut backs like Crosby did. Just saying. Heard around 20k for a year. 

That's not really why the coach quit, plus we got a state finals appearance out of the deal along with another trip to semis. I think everybody salvaged the situation for the best at the end of the day. 

On 2/11/2022 at 9:55 AM, PNGFaithful said:

99 is saving Crosby with development. 

99 is saving us from what? We're getting more benefit from the development of Generation Park in Sheldon which is the main reason CE King's enrollment has exploded. Sheldon is one of our neighboring districts, 99 is miles away from Crosby and doesn't have much to do with the flow of people leaving East Houston to move there which has been happening for 15+ years. If anything Crosby is becoming a less desirable place to live for some due to the traffic and steep rise in housing costs. 

On 2/11/2022 at 7:22 AM, PNGFaithful said:

We didn’t have to layoff half our staff and football coach quit because of cut backs like Crosby did. Just saying. Heard around 20k for a year. 

I will say this about Crosby.. It had its problems with overspending with a Superintendent that had repercussions but now is back STRONG.. Some of the best Athletic facilities in the state, New School and pays very well... Almost 20%/10K MORE a year in teaching salaries than PNG.. PNG is falling behind in these areas.. 

On 2/12/2022 at 7:55 PM, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

I don't agree with the treatment of Faircloth and I wouldn't have got rid of him . I do agree with the hiring process of the new coach  and that they went outside the area. PNG athletes are no better than anyone else in the area but their high expectations when it comes to coaching is the difference maker.

My teams ISD keeps sub .500 coaches for over 20 years . Said  ISD= Jerry Jones  / Said ISDs coach = Tony Romo. 🙄

I'm more than sure when coach decides to hang-up the whistle, the board will be calling you with your extensive and accomplished resume full of head coaching positions and a number of state championship births and wins.