Carthage vs WOS

underdog15

11 minutes ago, purpleeagle said:

I know it’s not absolute but the computer rating (go to cal prep, type in Texas, then the year 2016 and the teams) and it projected the score WO-S 31  Carthage 17.

Against our 2016 team but he said any team carthage has ever fielded if you put it against or 2020 team has carthage winning 28-18

7 minutes ago, purpleeagle said:

I know it’s not absolute but the computer rating (go to cal prep, type in Texas, then the year 2016 and the teams) and it projected the score WO-S 31  Carthage 17.

That’s not the argument, the argument is 2016 WOS was better than any team Carthage has fielded.

All you have to do is project 2020 Carthage vs 2016 WOS on Cal Preps and it has the Dawgs winning 28-19. I don’t think any of us Carthage fans are arguing 2016 vs 2016. I don’t think that’s much of an argument. But to say all of the Carthage teams? That’s asinine.

I have a better question. How many players from the 2016 WOS could’ve started on the 2017 Carthage team? Not at RB and not at LB for sure. Ingram just ran for 86 yards on 15 carries yesterday and looked as good as he has ever looked. Carthage has 2 WR that are still playing football at the FCS level from that team. JD was the POY, but Capps is still playing college football at the FCS level. Colbert in the secondary was probably our best player. OL? Come’on man. 4 star Ty’kieast Crawford couldn’t even start on that team. 2017 Carthage had legit DI talent. Which players from 2016 WOS were highly touted prospects?

So these conversations will never end. We can go back and forth all day. 2016 WOS was an all-time great team that blew thru a bad schedule (6 out of 10 regular season opponents had losing records). They were absolutely awesome. But just slow down they would beat any Carthage team ever.  

3 hours ago, Bansheefan said:

Against our 2016 team but he said any team carthage has ever fielded if you put it against or 2020 team has carthage winning 28-18

2 hours ago, Dawgs12345 said:

That’s not the argument, the argument is 2016 WOS was better than any team Carthage has fielded.

All you have to do is project 2020 Carthage vs 2016 WOS on Cal Preps and it has the Dawgs winning 28-19. I don’t think any of us Carthage fans are arguing 2016 vs 2016. I don’t think that’s much of an argument. But to say all of the Carthage teams? That’s asinine.

You are talking about probably the biggest and lamest homer I’ve ever seen on either forum. Have you ever made the mistake of looking at the stupid “Lil Tex Saturday morning headlines” threads they do here? It’s groan worthy, but especially the ones from Majesty. 

12 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Ive seen you dissing this site enough. Hit the Smoak then.

Bye felicia.

EDIT (because I’m sure there are some good folks here): 

I haven’t dissed the site so much as some people on it, particularly WOS fans who act like the program is superior and one of the most accomplished in the state when really it pales in comparison to so many others. Not even CLOSE to the upper echelon 

But since you said that, smoaky is definitely superior in quality and company! I’ve really just been waiting for some soft boy to ban me.  Surprised it hasn’t happened yet with how sensitive and butt hurt some get here👌🏻

4 hours ago, HikeMoncho said:

You know that grossly overconfident kid in school who had no reason to feel that way, but he had to project himself that way to feel better about himself? He’s in this thread. He has a dumb profile pic and says dumb things often. 

Speaking of profile pics who's that hatchet head sporting your stuff on that secondary site. That must drive the ladies crazy. I'm trying to figure out if it's Cro-Magnon or Neanderthal. Glad you like the Saturday headlines, got a new one every week.

9 minutes ago, Majestyk said:

Speaking of profile pics who's that hatchet head sporting your stuff on that secondary site. That must drive the ladies crazy. I'm trying to figure out if it's Cro-Magnon or Neanderthal. Glad you like the Saturday headlines, got a new one every week.

I understand why y’all do it. It allows y’all to play pretend about your team accomplishing things they can’t or won’t actually accomplish. Or daydreaming the demise of a team that won’t actually happen.

More sad than anything. 

31 minutes ago, HikeMoncho said:

I understand why y’all do it. It allows y’all to play pretend about your team accomplishing things they can’t or won’t actually accomplish. Or daydreaming the demise of a team that won’t actually happen.

More sad than anything. 

Yes, it really is sad. I'm sitting in my rocker and sobbing as I type.  But relax, my serious side says there's a 98% chance the Dogs win the championship this year, and I know everything. Now, you run along and mow your mustache or something and behave.

4 hours ago, HikeMoncho said:

EDIT (because I’m sure there are some good folks here): 

I haven’t dissed the site so much as some people on it, particularly WOS fans who act like the program is superior and one of the most accomplished in the state when really it pales in comparison to so many others. Not even CLOSE to the upper echelon 

But since you said that, smoaky is definitely superior in quality and company! I’ve really just been waiting for some soft boy to ban me.  Surprised it hasn’t happened yet with how sensitive and butt hurt some get here👌🏻

WOW!

21 hours ago, Majestyk said:

Already watched em. Like I said Carthage has never fielded a team that could beat 2016 WO-S, stay off the brake fluid. I will agree though, a coach should never loose a state championship, that would be none since.

Do you believe 2016 was the greatest team in 4a of that decade? 

On 9/5/2021 at 11:59 AM, HikeMoncho said:

You're ignorant if you think WOS is not close to being an upper echelon program. Also, who are all these other programs that WOS pales in comparison to? WOS has an excellent resume. 

All time record: 424-101-3

Playoff record: 74-28-1

State Championships: 4

State Championship appearances: 8

Best winning percentage in txhsfb (minimum 500 games): .8030%

40 game winning streak: 2015-2017

Pretty good formula and thread on the 6A site. WOS checks in at #8. 

This is the hidden content, please

Ok I've finally got it and I wanna thank you.  WO-S needs to play Carthage this week, for a couple of reasons. First, this early in the season who couldn't help but get better going toe to toe for 48 minutes with the Carthage Bulldogs. Secondly, it's been known to be difficult to beat somebody twice in the same year.  WO-S could let the 'Dogs win the first game, then later on in the playoffs, when using real bullets go on and defeat the 'Dogs and advance. That girls is how you do it.

19 minutes ago, aledoalumni said:

You're ignorant if you think WOS is not close to being an upper echelon program. Also, who are all these other programs that WOS pales in comparison to? WOS has an excellent resume. 

All time record:424-101-3

Thanks Aledo that's cool, haven't seen that. I hope those folk have checked and double checked their stats because they don't jive with Hike Nacho or Moncho or whoever the h..l he is. And word on the street is he is the authoritative brainwave on Texas high school football.  Anyway thanks for the real info and not lying.

1 hour ago, aledoalumni said:

All time record:424-101-3

Thank you for your post. It’s pathetic that a Setex poster loves to bash WOS school, facilities, players for their size etc.… everyone knows even people who are routing for Carthage that we have a new truf field, scoreboard, weight room, indoor closed in practice field, new baseball field, and adding a new entertainment building. I understand that we are also working on our NEW press box as well. I guess those skinny young men have contributed to WOS success to accommodate visitors when they visit. SMH.  Both teams are worthy of their success! HEY Hey and a NEW WEIGHT ROOM STATE OF THE ART!!

3 hours ago, aledoalumni said:

All time record: 424-101-3

State Championship appearances: 8

What’s that winning percentage in title games? Thanks. 👌🏻

Maybe that’s the problem with the program. Everyone is real excited about beating up on a crappy schedule during the season year in and year out to put together this super cool win percentage, but then only go 50% in title games. 

48 minutes ago, HikeMoncho said:

What’s that winning percentage in title games? Thanks. 👌🏻

Maybe that’s the problem with the program. Everyone is real excited about beating up on a crappy schedule during the season year in and year out to put together this super cool win percentage, but then only go 50% in title games. 

Yeah, going 4-4 in state title games really does show how bad they are lmao. How many programs have ever been to 8 title games?