Beaumont United 17 Port Neches-Groves 21/FINAL

AggiesAreWe

PNG Center has got to work out the problems with the snaps.  There were actually 16 errant snaps tonight, either off to the side or right at the ground. The quarterback did an amazing job of just trying to control the snaps. You can't tell me in the school the size of PNG that we can't find someone who can snap the ball consistently to the quarterback.  Just paint a target on the wall, at the right distance, and have the center snap the ball again and again and again so he's hitting that target every time.  Every time you miss the target you run a lap, that way when you get tired you can still snap the ball because you're used to it. I have no problem with the center's blocking, but you have to get the ball to the QB first & primarily.  These errant snaps are going to hurt us bad as the season progresses. 

20 minutes ago, png9mon said:

PNG Center has got to work out the problems with the snaps.  There were actually 16 errant snaps tonight, either off to the side or right at the ground. The quarterback did an amazing job of just trying to control the snaps. You can't tell me in the school the size of PNG that we can't find someone who can snap the ball consistently to the quarterback.  Just paint a target on the wall, at the right distance, and have the center snap the ball again and again and again so he's hitting that target every time.  Every time you miss the target you run a lap, that way when you get tired you can still snap the ball because you're used to it. I have no problem with the center's blocking, but you have to get the ball to the QB first & primarily.  These errant snaps are going to hurt us bad as the season progresses. 

Seriously 

17 minutes ago, png9mon said:

Center is probably one of our better lineman. Played guard last year I believe. Move him back and find another center. 

6 hours ago, png9mon said:

Every time you miss the target you run a lap, that way when you get tired you can still snap the ball because you're used to it.

The guy got moved from guard to center. I agree with the repetition and the extra work, just not the punishment technique. The dude may have never played at that spot before. I don’t have a problem with running laps, just not for the wrong reason.

12 hours ago, png9mon said:

To his credit. He was moved to center and has had a bad week. His father passed away of COVID and he had to attend his funeral today. So I think he did a good job considering. The fact of the game, is neither teams are top tier. PNG is better on the defensive side of the ball for sure.  A go at the #4 seed is still attainable. 

32 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Probably so, but I think y’all are getting some help from the offenses you’re playing too. For now it’s more impressive that PNG seems like they may be able to run the ball from the rb position this year. 

The defense is still more exciting than the RB - I don’t mean our defense will be world beaters this year after just two games. I mean the fact that they can, at a minimum, wrap up and make a basic tackle in the open field is the impressive part. The way we played last year, ANY offense could run all over us. The RB part is exciting too, but if we can just make some tackles we’ve got a chance. And you’re right that BU gave us some favors last night. They made enough mistakes last night I’d be really worried as a BU fan. But there have been years, including last year, where even those mistakes would still have us getting run all over the field unable to get anything but fingers on people. 

12 hours ago, png9mon said:

You can always go under center 

4 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Probably so, but I think y’all are getting some help from the offenses you’re playing too. For now it’s more impressive that PNG seems like they may be able to run the ball from the rb position this year. 

This RB is legit. We have half good RBs under Faircloth. The second top RB in our history was under FC. This kid is really good. 

22 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

We really don't have a clue.  Talking about this staff... I'm not even sure what were trying to accomplish out there.  It sure in the heck ain't winning...

Maybe you have a different answer to the question I asked you a couple years ago about why the basketball team was ready but the football teams wasn’t? When y’all aren’t plays us I root for programs like y’all, PAM, North Shore , etc., because demographically good sports programs in general benefits your kids more than a place like BH, PNG or even Crosby. 

A very good argument can be made for BU having the most talent in the district this year and right now you can’t convince me y’all can finish any better than 4th place.