Carthage vs Crosby

Cougar14.2

On 8/23/2021 at 9:55 AM, Cougar14.2 said:

In a real game Crosby would've probably just beat Angleton something like 52-20. Had Angleton not had COVID issues last year they probably make the playoffs in a district that swept y'all. I don't think Carthage is 53 points better than 5A-D1 Angleton. Not even Aledo could hold last year's Crosby team to 14 points, if healthy this team is going to be better. 

Last year when we scrimmaged Tomball I left saying, "Dang, there's a lot of things to work on/clean up". This year after watching where we already are during the Angleton scrimmage I left saying, "FB Marshall and Liberty Hill are the only teams that can keep us from going back to the title game." 

You might want to YouTube the Dawg defense from last year. They return 3 D linemen, 3 linebackers, one of which is a 5 star linebacker, 2 D backs

add in number 20 and 80 that played in every game as relief players not back ups. 
The Dawg starters allowed 4 points a game. 

On 8/23/2021 at 3:28 PM, Cougar14.2 said:

My bad, it was Lindale they scrimmaged. I was reading something a Marshall poster was writing on the thread. Lindale got stomped by Argyle in the 4A-D1 title game last year. Thread says Carthage beat them 20-7 in two live quarters. 

Last years 4 A state championship runner up to Argyle. 
Lindale never made a first down on the starting D in the scrimmage. 

4 hours ago, aledoalumni said:

Do I love to bash Carthage? What have I said to really bash them lol. You consider a couple comments trolling? Hmm... Interesting. Maybe you are right. I've not completed my sensitivity training yet. 

You do make comments about Carthage every chance you get. 
you got butt hurt when the computer said Carthage would have beat Aledo 28 to 24 in 2019. 
The Dawgs o line averaged 318 pounds with 6’ 4” QB that threw over 40 touch downs. 
The Dawgs would not win most years against Aledo but 2008, 2017, 2019 and with last years O line and defense. My money would have been on the Dawgs. Your turn. 

1 hour ago, Horton said:

You do make comments about Carthage every chance you get. 
you got butt hurt when the computer said Carthage would have beat Aledo 28 to 24 in 2019. 

I can assure you I don't make comments about Carthage every chance I get lol. Also, I couldn't care less what a computer says about Aledo vs Carthage. I have no interest playing down against a 4AD2 team. 

2 hours ago, Horton said:

You might want to YouTube the Dawg defense from last year. They return 3 D linemen, 3 linebackers, one of which is a 5 star linebacker, 2 D backs

add in number 20 and 80 that played in every game as relief players not back ups. 

So.... No excuses if Crosby wins. Glad to hear. 

2 hours ago, Horton said:

Lol there are 3 five star linebackers in the country so unless Harold Perkins moved from Cy Park to Carthage you’re as high as a kite. 

4 hours ago, Horton said:

I saw them, they’re impressive against 4A squads. It’s different when those d-linemen have to chase a QB that can embarrass them and those DBs have to check some of the fastest 5A players in the state. Not overly concerned about what you bring back and if the linebacker you’re talking about is Kip Lewis he’s not even close to a 5 star. 

Crosby dropped 62 on Texas High who had two 4 star line backers, one of which was actually almost a 5 star. Clayton Smith finished #38 overall and three spots out of 5 star designation, Lewis is #259 overall and 228 spots out of 5 star designation. 

1 hour ago, Cougtalk said:

Lol there are 3 five star linebackers in the country so unless Harold Perkins moved from Cy Park to Carthage you’re as high as a kite. 

I’m wondering if they know Google works outside of Carthage? I guess because they win a lot other fan bases don’t really research their claims. 

9 hours ago, house said:

We're just curious why you are a Carthage hater.  

I dont view myself as a Carthage hater. I have no issues with the team or program. The Coach is doing an amazing job and they are rolling. Only criticism I would have is for their fanbase. They act like they are God's gift to football. I'm not so sure they even beat Argyle last year but you cant tell them that. Not the most rationale fans. 

7 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I saw them, they’re impressive against 4A squads. It’s different when those d-linemen have to chase a QB that can embarrass them and those DBs have to check some of the fastest 5A players in the state. Not overly concerned about what you bring back and if the linebacker you’re talking about is Kip Lewis he’s not even close to a 5 star. 

Crosby dropped 62 on Texas High who had two 4 star line backers, one of which was actually almost a 5 star. Clayton Smith finished #38 overall and three spots out of 5 star designation, Lewis is #259 overall and 228 spots out of 5 star designation. 

This could come down to the line play. Did Crosby put in the time in the weight room to take the next step??

2 hours ago, aledoalumni said:

This could come down to the line play. Did Crosby put in the time in the weight room to take the next step??

There's this weird motivation thing I hear about when you see the kids before you do amazing things you work harder and show their work ethic so you can do great thing. I believe no school exemplifies that as much as Aledo so I think you know what they did in the weight room this year. 

2 hours ago, aledoalumni said:

Weight room has never been our issue, we may have just won our first 4x100 title but we have had a bunch of individual powerlifting champions and state finalist over the years. O-line paved the way for 3,400 rushing yards last year. Of our playoff opponents Huntsville is really the only one that shut down Crosby's running game. We had 35 carries for only 90 yards against them. Texas high we had 32/352, 42/284 against FB Marshall and 28/237 against Aledo. The question is can Crosby's offensive staff beat some of the defensive schemes that slowed us down last year?  

3 hours ago, aledoalumni said:

I dont view myself as a Carthage hater. I have no issues with the team or program. The Coach is doing an amazing job and they are rolling. Only criticism I would have is for their fanbase. They act like they are God's gift to football. I'm not so sure they even beat Argyle last year but you cant tell them that. Not the most rationale fans. 

Hey Pot, I'd like you to meet my good friend Kettle. LMAO...

15 hours ago, Horton said:

Last years 4 A state championship runner up to Argyle. 
Lindale never made a first down on the starting D in the scrimmage. 

Lol, I'm sure if they had their 3,000 yard/50td running back from last season it would've been a different story. Looking at y'alls schedule from last year he would've been the highest rated player Carthage faced per the composite rankings. 

17 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Lol, I'm sure if they had their 3,000 yard/50td running back from last season it would've been a different story. Looking at y'alls schedule from last year he would've been the highest rated player Carthage faced per the composite rankings. 

Maybe but gilmer was able to beat them last year and you seen what we did to them