Area Players that Signed NLI today

PlayActionPass

As they may not get recognized elsewhere, we wont forget the ladies:

Karson Friar, Little Cypress-Mauriceville, signed with East Texas Baptist University (Softball)

Grace Richard, Port Neches-Groves, signed with Lamar (Soccer)

Phoebe Borne, Port Neches-Groves, signed with Southern Arkansas Tech University (Softball)

This is my yearly reminder that no one signs with D3 colleges. They are committed to show up and play, but there are no ramifications if they decide not to show up or if they go to another school at the last minute. There are no scholarships in D3 so there is nothing to sign. It's still quite the accomplishment, but it irks me when the pageantry associated with a player signing to play football at Alabama is duplicated by someone signing to play football at ETBU. And before anyone comes at me for disrespecting D3 sports, I am not doing that. I played D3 football and understand exactly how talented the kids are out there. Everyone on those D3 fields was first team all district where they came from and can absolutely go. I just hate that we have watered down every thing in today's culture. Sheesh, select baseball players get rings for finishing second place in John's baseball tournament in BFE Texas. 

Sorry, rant over. 

1 hour ago, 2wedge said:

This is my yearly reminder that no one signs with D3 colleges. They are committed to show up and play, but there are no ramifications if they decide not to show up or if they go to another school at the last minute. There are no scholarships in D3 so there is nothing to sign. It's still quite the accomplishment, but it irks me when the pageantry associated with a player signing to play football at Alabama is duplicated by someone signing to play football at ETBU. And before anyone comes at me for disrespecting D3 sports, I am not doing that. I played D3 football and understand exactly how talented the kids are out there. Everyone on those D3 fields was first team all district where they came from and can absolutely go. I just hate that we have watered down every thing in today's culture. Sheesh, select baseball players get rings for finishing second place in John's baseball tournament in BFE Texas. 

Sorry, rant over. 

Lots of good stuff there!