Florida HS Football Brawl

SmashMouth

24 minutes ago, Hagar said:

What a freaking year.  Let’s all pray 2021 will be better.

When will it ever end... I'm an African-American man myself but I may be one of the few that believe all lives matter no matter how the media portrays some people doing senseless acts we can only pray about it now

I'm surprised this hasn't happened more often esp this year. That being said, there are a few teams that have historically called players on other teams slurs midgame. So that part is most certainly believable

I'll leave it at that, folks can take a wild guess on who they are.

3 hours ago, wbfan said:

I'm surprised this hasn't happened more often esp this year. That being said, there are a few teams that have historically called players on other teams slurs midgame. So that part is most certainly believable

I'll leave it at that, folks can take a wild guess on who they are.

The headline would be more accurate if it said “Team A allegedly calls Team B a name that Team B calls themselves all of the time. Riot ensued.”

Here’s the deal... we all appreciate good trash talk. If there’s a magic word that causes your opponent to lose focus and possibly even cause them to hurt themselves (unsportsmanlikes, DQs, etc.), why wouldn’t you use it?  It’s comical because it’s just a word and it has no power except the power that the “victim” gives the speaker. It’s a by product of teaching your kids that a word’s offensiveness can be determine by the color of the speaker’s skin. If the word was offensive, you’d be offended when ANYBODY used it. 

18 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

The headline would be more accurate if it said “Team A allegedly calls Team B a name that Team B calls themselves all of the time. Riot ensued.”

Here’s the deal... we all appreciate good trash talk. If there’s a magic word that causes your opponent to lose focus and possibly even cause them to hurt themselves (unsportsmanlikes, DQs, etc.), why wouldn’t you use it?  It’s comical because it’s just a word and it has no power except the power that the “victim” gives the speaker. It’s a by product of teaching your kids that a word’s offensiveness can be determine by the color of the speaker’s skin. If the word was offensive, you’d be offended when ANYBODY used it. 

Maybe I’m just different, but I wanna beat the guy across from me, not call him something racially insensitive and make him lose his cool.

i get what your saying, if it’s that bad then people of neither color should use it. I agree 100%, but I’m not them. Only person I can control in the situation is myself.

2 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

I hope “your mama...” stuff is ok. I never played a game in HS or College where somebody’s mama didn’t get mentioned. It was usually referring to after hours activities between me and the opponent across from me’s dear mother. Poor mama. 

The debate is for another page, I know.... but if your kids use a word every day and then loses their crap when somebody else says it.... that's just poor upbringing on all sides of the table. 

On 12/7/2020 at 2:39 PM, CardinalBacker said:

The debate is for another page, I know.... but if your kids use a word every day and then loses their crap when somebody else says it.... that's just poor upbringing on all sides of the table. 

Once again. There is no understanding to the use of the word. What they call each other is very different to what others call them.  The two words are different. (1) they are spelled differently and the meaning is different. 

6 hours ago, Deuce said:

Once again. There is no understanding to the use of the word. What they call each other is very different to what others call them.  The two words are different. (1) they are spelled differently and the meaning is different. 

Well, I believe that those white players we’re using the “a” version... so you are ok with that?

I’m from Texas and I’m pretty sure that I’ve never pronounced the “g” sound at the end of any word that ends in “-ing.” You’re pretending that it’s somehow okay to call somebody a duckin’ idiot, but wrong to call them a ducking idiot, if you catch my drift.... While constantly using the term yourself and demanding that others to be punished for doing the same thing decades ago. 

17 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Well, I believe that those white players we’re using the “a” version... so you are ok with that?

I’m from Texas and I’m pretty sure that I’ve never pronounced the “g” sound at the end of any word that ends in “-ing.” You’re pretending that it’s somehow okay to call somebody a duckin’ idiot, but wrong to call them a ducking idiot, if you catch my drift.... While constantly using the term yourself and demanding that others to be punished for doing the same thing decades ago. 

What I said is the words are different. The ending with a takes a totally different meaning than Er. Somehow those with no understanding of the culture always seem to find a reason to relate the two.  So since you don’t understand. Let me explain. N with an a  means my friend or homie. N with an Er is Derogatory and is what non blacks use to degrade people of color. 

58 minutes ago, Deuce said:

What I said is the words are different. The ending with a takes a totally different meaning than Er. Somehow those with no understanding of the culture always seem to find a reason to relate the two.  So since you don’t understand. Let me explain. N with an a  means my friend or homie. N with an Er is Derogatory and is what non blacks use to degrade people of color. 

So you have no problem with me (cis/hetero/white male) calling people the “a” version?

2 hours ago, Deuce said:

So it’s ok if a white guy says to a black friend, “Whassup ****a?” I think you’re reaching pal.

I’m assuming your a non-African American. 

1 hour ago, SmashMouth said:

So it’s ok if a white guy says to a black friend, “Whassup ****a?” I think you’re reaching pal.

I’m assuming your a non-African American. 

It's all circular logic that gets people nowhere.  Despite all of the explanations about "er" and "a," at the end of the day, it's only offensive when whitey says it.  Nobody has big enough nuts to admit it.  

It's kinda like the old argument that abortion supporters bring up during abortion debates...

Them: "But what about instances of rape and incest?" 

Me: "Ok, so you're willing to admit that in every instance EXCEPT rape and incest it should be illegal?"

Them: "No, that's not what I'm saying."

All of the arguments about "a" and "er" are just a smokescreen.  White people should be punished if they've ever uttered the word that black people throw around every day.  That's what they really believe.  And it's why the use of the is still so effective on the playing field. 

Newsflash.... every single white person on the planet has said it at some point.  Any white person that denies that fact is a liar, too.

Fight me. 

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

It's all circular logic that gets people nowhere.  Despite all of the explanations about "er" and "a," at the end of the day, it's only offensive when whitey says it.  Nobody has big enough nuts to admit it.  

It's kinda like the old argument that abortion supporters bring up during abortion debates...

Them: "But what about instances of rape and incest?" 

Me: "Ok, so you're willing to admit that in every instance EXCEPT rape and incest it should be illegal?"

Them: "No, that's not what I'm saying."

All of the arguments about "a" and "er" are just a smokescreen.  White people should be punished if they've ever uttered the word that black people throw around every day.  That's what they really believe.  And it's why the use of the is still so effective on the playing field. 

Newsflash.... every single white person on the planet has said it at some point.  Any white person that denies that fact is a liar, too.

Fight me. 

Are you calling me out. Because fight me sounds like a challenge or threat. Don’t get offended because u are too simple minded and held bent on white culture being superior to others.  I am African American old school and our culture or language is OURS AND DONT NEED EXPLAINING OR JUSTIFICATION. you may not like it sure don’t understand it. So get over it.  Never said anyone was right or wrong. It is what it is.  

27 minutes ago, Deuce said:

Are you calling me out. Because fight me sounds like a challenge or threat. Don’t get offended because u are too simple minded and held bent on white culture being superior to others.  I am African American old school and our culture or language is OURS AND DONT NEED EXPLAINING OR JUSTIFICATION. you may not like it sure don’t understand it. So get over it.  Never said anyone was right or wrong. It is what it is.  

Wrong again mama. I say it’s ours not yours.