A different view on the virus

Ty Cobb

11 hours ago, Ty Cobb said:

Here’s my opinion, take it for what it’s worth because it’s only my opinion. I think the coronavirus is a serious virus, just like all viruses. (Is that the right spelling?) The difference between this virus and all others that we deal with is there is no known treatment. Once there is a treatment it will be no different than anything else we deal with. Here’s another opinion, I think the chinavirus is 100% political. Call me crazy all you want but I believe If President Trump wins this election the virus will continue and there will not be a treatment.  If joe biden/whoever he chooses as his VP wins I think the virus either disappears or the treatment is found within a couple of months. I know, I’ve been watching too many conspiracy theories, but I don’t doubt anything that the DEMONcrats will do to win the Presidency. Remember the media never said a word about the 1.5 million people who died from TB last year but they claim ever person that sneezes or coughs has the chinavirus. Who knows what will happen. I guess we will find out in November. 

Trump is the president and he controls the senate. I’m not sure how the democrats can control such faith of this virus. It’s lil to none democratics in China and multiple other countries. Yet COVID still exist. You don’t believe that maybe it’s so BAd in the USA because we have multiple leaders refusing to listen to cdc health experts and scientists. But no can’t be that it’s just something Democrat’s are doing to win election. Step away from your favorite media outlets and start forming your own opinions . You’ll be better off.

12 hours ago, Ty Cobb said:

Here’s my opinion, take it for what it’s worth because it’s only my opinion. I think the coronavirus is a serious virus, just like all viruses. (Is that the right spelling?) The difference between this virus and all others that we deal with is there is no known treatment. Once there is a treatment it will be no different than anything else we deal with. Here’s another opinion, I think the chinavirus is 100% political. Call me crazy all you want but I believe If President Trump wins this election the virus will continue and there will not be a treatment.  If joe biden/whoever he chooses as his VP wins I think the virus either disappears or the treatment is found within a couple of months. I know, I’ve been watching too many conspiracy theories, but I don’t doubt anything that the DEMONcrats will do to win the Presidency. Remember the media never said a word about the 1.5 million people who died from TB last year but they claim ever person that sneezes or coughs has the chinavirus. Who knows what will happen. I guess we will find out in November. 

I have no doubts that if Biden is elected, the coronavirus will no longer be headline news and the Democrat run states and cities will miraculously open up their economies.

Remember when every day during the GWB presidency, all we heard were the war casualty counts every day...Obama gets elected, daily casualty counts go away.  

Hopefully Biden the boob doesn’t get elected so we never know.

19 hours ago, PAMFAM10 said:

134,580 could care less about the death rate. All it ever is on this site is talking points on top of talking points. I challenge anybody to have a original thought.

The whole world is in agreement that COVID is real and a real problem. The whole world except them dang crazy republicans. Trump to where a mask today..... Soros got to him to I guess... pure comedy Trump America 

If we shut the country down completely again for 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, whatever, the virus STILL exists.  It is NOT going away.  Whenever some genius decides it is an appropriate time to reopen the country, there will be a flurry of infections again.  We are going to have to deal with it and there is no perfect time to do so.   The virus is and has been very widespread for sometime.( note the Stanford study of Santa Clara County)  The testing is indicating just how wide spread it is.  Nobody talks about all of the people with the virus who are asymptomatic.  If you believe additional shut down will do anything other than "flatten the curve", I think you should reexamine  your position.  If an extended shutdown does anything but make us the  next Venezuela, I will be very surprised.

26 minutes ago, stevenash said:

If we shut the country down completely again for 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, whatever, the virus STILL exists.  It is NOT going away.  Whenever some genius decides it is an appropriate time to reopen the country, there will be a flurry of infections again.  We are going to have to deal with it and there is no perfect time to do so.   The virus is and has been very widespread for sometime.( note the Stanford study of Santa Clara County)  The testing is indicating just how wide spread it is.  Nobody talks about all of the people with the virus who are asymptomatic.  If you believe additional shut down will do anything other than "flatten the curve", I think you should reexamine  your position.  If an extended shutdown does anything but make us the  next Venezuela, I will be very surprised.

Look at the US compared to other countries. We opened the country back up to fast. If that’s not the case then why are  these governors back tracking?  Nothing is wrong with trying to get things back to going. But we have to do it smartly. Crazy idea of mines is that we listen to the experts. Many other countries have flatline for a while now.

49 minutes ago, stevenash said:

The virus can’t spread if people aren’t moving. I agree we must get back to normal at some point but the best way to do that in my opinion is a very strict lockdown for 1 or 2 months. Sounds crazy but I think we need to go ahead and get it over with. After we get the numbers down really low just focus on making sure the people who have tested positive are not going out in public and letting everyone else live their normal lives. If that doesn’t work than screw it at that point because I don’t want to wear a mask in public for the rest of my life.

12 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

The virus can’t spread if people aren’t moving. I agree we must get back to normal at some point but the best way to do that in my opinion is a very strict lockdown for 1 or 2 months. Sounds crazy but I think we need to go ahead and get it over with. After we get the numbers down really low just focus on making sure the people who have tested positive are not going out in public and letting everyone else live their normal lives. If that doesn’t work than screw it at that point because I don’t want to wear a mask in public for the rest of my life.

Sounds like a plan to me. 

I wonder if the conversation would be different on here if everyone commenting owned a business...I’m sure it would. Easy to say shut everything down if you’re still drawing a paycheck.

Let things open back up, if you’re at risk, quarantine.  Personally, I’m not worried about getting the virus, I’ll get sick (maybe) and get over it.

Open it all back up. Self quarantine if you feel like you’re at risk. Self quarantine if you’re sick. Wash your hands. Stay away from the older population (like @baddog and @Hagar lol). Go to work and don’t be fooled by those on the left OR the right who have ulterior motives for keeping us under their thumb. Take away Fauci’s alter and get back to normal. I repeat, don’t shut us down again. One step forward and two steps back has never been a good plan for success. WE as a people are just as smart or smarter than those we hired to lead us. Please let us decide what works for ourselves. 

23 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

I wonder if the conversation would be different on here if everyone commenting owned a business...I’m sure it would. Easy to say shut everything down if you’re still drawing a paycheck.

Let things open back up, if you’re at risk, quarantine.  Personally, I’m not worried about getting the virus, I’ll get sick (maybe) and get over it.

Which is what the vast majority of folks who get infected do.    Why arent the recoveries listed next to the total cases?   Hmmmm

42 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Open it all back up. Self quarantine if you feel like you’re at risk. Self quarantine if you’re sick. Wash your hands. Stay away from the older population (like @baddog and @Hagar lol). Go to work and don’t be fooled by those on the left OR the right who have ulterior motives for keeping us under their thumb. Take away Fauci’s alter and get back to normal. I repeat, don’t shut us down again. One step forward and two steps back has never been a good plan for success. WE as a people are just as smart or smarter than those we hired to lead us. Please let us decide what works for ourselves. 

Hey, I resemble that remark....nyuk....nyuk