Silsbee 46 Argyle 45/FINAL/TIGERS ADVANCE TO 4A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME!

1 hour ago, bullets13 said:

Throughout the years I've developed a lot of respect for silsbee during the very competitive (albeit one-sided as of late) rivalry between them and HJ.  Since the Hawks are in rebuilding mode, and didn't have a realistic chance of going very far this year (especially with silsbee in their way), I've been wholeheartedly on the tiger bandwagon this year.  With them being as good as they have for as long as they have, they're due for their championship. Listening today I found myself as nervous for them at the end of the game as I've ever been for the Hawks during any one of their countless nailbiters over their many playoff runs in recent years.  When that final whistle blew I was yelling at my phone like a fool.  I just wanted to let Tiger Nation know that this Hawk is behind you guys 100%, and I'll be rooting for y'all just as hard as I would be rooting for HJ if they were in the same situation.  I hope the Tigers bring a championship home to silsbee tomorrow.  With the way your community backs this team, I can't think of a more deserving fan base.   Good luck, Tigers!

Well said.

Much respect to you & HJ

3 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I don't think he's hating.  He has a point.  They aren't a champion of anything as of now and wasn't prior to playing Argyle.  

But to his disappointment, they'll be champions tomorrow.  I just hopes he tunes in.  

It is not over by a long shot.  Brazosport been playing very good ball all year long. 

Regarding Argyle, Silsbee should try and play them every year, earlier in the season. 

Well, many of you had preached FTs all year long.  I know my guy Badsanta is constantly bringing them up.  I was pacing watching the final couple of minutes.  And I have to say Mr. Trajan Harris hit four HUGE free throws in the final minute.  And the Tigers needed every last one of them.  Personally I hope my ticker gets a break tomorrow (I can't imagine you diehards today) and the Tigers get an easier win.  Brazosport will play with them for a while but I think this team gets it done.  And I hope every last Tiger gets some PT as the Tigers pull away.   Tomorrow ends the drought!!

In retrospect it was a great win but it was not a great game.  If you measure against the standard set in the North Forest game it was disappointing.  I think the kids would agree.  The match up was challenging for Silsbee to be sure. But when you miss everything by at least 4 feet when shooting an open 3 you know it's going to be more difficult than you would like.

At one point in the third the Tiger's FG% was 19.  It ended up at 33 and 50% from the line and that was enough.  It won't, of course, be enough against the Exporters who are better than Argyle.

On the positive side it was down right heroic if you ask me.  I'm so proud of them that I could bust.  It's like the line from the movie Galaxy Quest, "Never give up, never surrender!"