Bmt Enterprise Super Gold

Chester86

Uhhhhh, what? No WOS players on offense? And coach of the year Matthews? Sorry, not trying to upset any Vidor folk but what?????? WOS is 15-0 and playing in the State Championship for the 3rd year in a row! I know what it is, must have been the AP all state team that picked these for the Beaumont Surprise. Funny how WOS demolished most of the teams that are on that list.

Congratulations to the young men on this list.  I, as does kicker, find it curious that more Mustangs do not adorn this list, but I would be hard pressed to decide who to remove from this list to put them there.

Don't worry kicker, my young(er) friend.  I believe that the true accolade that the young men in blue and silver desire will be enjoyed by them on late Friday afternoon.

2 hours ago, kicker said:

Uhhhhh, what? No WOS players on offense? And coach of the year Matthews? Sorry, not trying to upset any Vidor folk but what?????? WOS is 15-0 and playing in the State Championship for the 3rd year in a row! I know what it is, must have been the AP all state team that picked these for the Beaumont Surprise. Funny how WOS demolished most of the teams that are on that list.

There should be one or two Mustangs on the offense list, but I have no beef with the Jeff Matthews pick (Surprised Robanadana?). Vidor wins (a share of) disctrict for the first time in 30+ years beating Memorial in the process. Nice job, Pirates and Coach Matthews. 

You complaining about not having more WOS players on the team is like Lebron James complaining about not being named MVP every year. He could make a great case for it every single time, but it's not going to happen. And, a lot of times, the Coach of the Year vote is made relative to expectations. As great of a season as WOS is having, pretty much everyone expected it this year. Coach T winning coach of the year last season, when WOS was expected to be "down", is kind of what I'm talking about.

But I realize people will complain no matter what. Oh well, what can you do.

2 hours ago, dBerrySports said:

You complaining about not having more WOS players on the team is like Lebron James complaining about not being named MVP every year. He could make a great case for it every single time, but it's not going to happen. And, a lot of times, the Coach of the Year vote is made relative to expectations. As great of a season as WOS is having, pretty much everyone expected it this year. Coach T winning coach of the year last season, when WOS was expected to be "down", is kind of what I'm talking about.

But I realize people will complain no matter what. Oh well, what can you do.

if you can honestly justify no one from wos offensively deserved to be on that list -- so be it - Oh well what can we do !!!

I have to agree with Johnson and Tyler.....the others??????? And just because a coach is "supposed" to win a SC, shouldn't exclude him from coach of the year DBerry. I mean really? You take a bunch of over achieving, undersized kids to the TEXAS State Championship and you say that "what was supposed to happen?" Get out of here with that!

23 minutes ago, kicker said:

I have to agree with Johnson and Tyler.....the others??????? And just because a coach is "supposed" to win a SC, shouldn't exclude him from coach of the year DBerry. I mean really? You take a bunch of over achieving, undersized kids to the TEXAS State Championship and you say that "what was supposed to happen?" Get out of here with that!

Um, yes, I will say it was supposed to happen. They came into the season ranked number 1 so there were quite a few people that expected it to happen.

And who excluded Coach T from winning it? I'm saying that the award sometimes is based on relative expectations. If Coach T was awarded coach of the year I'd have no argument at all because he has done an incredible job of managing high expectations and still not losing a game. But don't make it seem like this team's success was unexpected. That's not even close to the case.

2 hours ago, oldage football said:

if you can honestly justify no one from wos offensively deserved to be on that list -- so be it - Oh well what can we do !!!

I'm not justifying it. It happens. It's life. There are WOS offensive players that deserve, that I'm sure of. They're going to the state championship, I'm sure they'll live with not being 1st team Super Gold.

Very true 5GB.  I noticed that PNG, WOS and Memorial all had three players.  I understand how great WOS is, and I mean that sincerely, but you can't just fill the Super Gold with Mustangs.  Should Vidor complain that they only had two, since they tied with PNG & Memorial?  Probably not, because they have overachievers also.  And football is a team sport, and as a team, WOS is head and shoulders above the rest, and that's what wins SC.