West Orange Stark vs Navarro State Semifinal

tennisbc

1 hour ago, Uncle Pig said:

I just hope WOS supt comes to his senses and doesn't make those poor players and coaches sit on yellow dogs for a 6 hour road trip the day of the state title game. Get those guys some charter buses and a hotel. Lord knows they deserve it.

2 years ago,busses were lined out and the team chose to ride yellow dogs...they did stay in a hotel the night before though

1 hour ago, Uncle Pig said:

I just hope WOS supt comes to his senses and doesn't make those poor players and coaches sit on yellow dogs for a 6 hour road trip the day of the state title game. Get those guys some charter buses and a hotel. Lord knows they deserve it.

Here's what you don't know, the Sup didn't and doesn't decide that. He offered charter buses. Coaches and players made that choice. They said it's not a vacation they are going to work. So your opinion of the Sup is all wrong!!! And yes they did stay in a hotel. 

What do you expect them to say.....we are slow and they are a lot faster than us ?? They are pretty fast or they wouldn't have made it this far, and you don't have too be real big to block well. Sorry WOS I am going with the upset this week...... N. Ger. 31-27     what

6 minutes ago, Brobie said:

What do you expect them to say.....we are slow and they are a lot faster than us ?? They are pretty fast or they wouldn't have made it this far, and you don't have too be real big to block well. Sorry WOS I am going with the upset this week...... N. Ger. 31-27     what

Make sure you carry a bucket or bag for that upset stomach you might have after the game too. Sorry Brobie just having fun.

I am going to ask the mustangs fans is this a one man team  have they see big teams with speed and stud qbs and wrs and rbs  they have no  FEAR  and don't back down  from no one. these kids work very hard each week to better them self each week.and try and get better.GODS SPEEDS MUSTANGS play lights out  football all 11 kids on the ball all night  as dan ray hooks would say

19 hours ago, losteraussie said:

To the contrary again. We want a shot to knock off the big dog. We may get our ass kicked.......but we want a chance. 

I think y'all are taking me all wrong. I'm just a dude that loves high school football. I like my team just like y'all like yours. But I also don't wear blinders. Lots of good football teams in this state. I keep up with the ones with tradition and history. And those are the ones I enjoy getting to play the most.

A couple of you are misreading losteraussie. He is a Gilmer alum who has always been respectable to us here and at the downlow site. None of his comments are meant as smack or disrespectful. I can say that from communicating with the guy for several years. So, even though he is from "enemy territory", he is here just to chat high school football, not to rile up the WO-S fans. I'm just offering some perspective on the guy so you'll know his intent. 

1 hour ago, Brobie said:

Now THIS is either a total homer pick or an attempt to get reaction.

Brobie, I respect what Navarro has accomplished. It's the best team in their school's history. I've been watching game film on them all season knowing there was a good possibility we (WO-S) would play them in round 5. I was one of the few who picked them to beat Cuero. Here we are. WO-S has seen your team's offense eight or nine times this year. Navarro runs it better than all of the other teams we've seen, Plus, compared to all the other slot-T teams, they have the best passing game within that offense. Having a 6'3" dual threat QB/WR sure helps, too. I expect a competitive game from the Panthers. 

Regardless of who wins, here is one thing you will conclude after this game. If you think your team is fast, you are about to witness CRAZY team speed. Go Mustangs!

34 minutes ago, griff said:

Now THIS is either a total homer pick or an attempt to get reaction.

Brobie, I respect what Navarro has accomplished. It's the best team in their school's history. I've been watching game film on them all season knowing there was a good possibility we (WO-S) would play them in round 5. I was one of the few who picked them to beat Cuero. Here we are. WO-S has seen your team's offense eight or nine times this year. Navarro runs it better than all of the other teams we've seen, Plus, compared to all the other slot-T teams, they have the best passing game within that offense. Having a 6'3" dual threat QB/WR sure helps, too. I expect a competitive game from the Panthers. 

Regardless of who wins, here is one thing you will conclude after this game. If you think your team is fast, you are about to witness CRAZY team speed. Go Mustangs!

Nice post Griff, I'm wondering if this team is similar to the Sinton team a few years ago? Sinton also had a threat QB/WR dual.

THE KEY IN THIS ONE CAN THE WO-S  LB GET OFF THERE BLOCKS AND  TAKE OUT THE QB  THIS IS A MUST HE IS THE KEY THAT MAKES IT WORK-----------NO SUPRISE.  LOL.THE GUY THATS GOING TO TRSH THE KIDS OVER IN WEST ORANGE SHAME ON YOU COME MONDAY THE COACHES WILL SHOW OUR KIDS WHATS ITS GOING TO TAKE TO WIN OH AND BY THE WAY THE MUSTANGE ARE FAV BY TWO TOUCHDOWNS IN A TRACK MEET  CAN THEY HANDLE SPEED AND LIGHTING

10 minutes ago, ladybug33 said:

Nice post Griff, I'm wondering if this team is similar to the Sinton team a few years ago? Sinton also had a threat QB/WR dual.

The Navarro QB is no where near as good as the one from Sinton two years ago. That dude from Sinton could sling it or take off in a heartbeat. He was the best QB we saw in 2014. Even better than the Gilmer QB. The Navarro QB is committed to a run-oriented offense and also plays some defense. They don't throw very much, but their THREAT to throw is better than any other slot-T team we've played. They will take shots throwing downfield on occassion where all other slot-T teams just dink and dunk throws five yards past the line of scrimmage. Our secondary guys can cover them, but we have to be alert to this as part of their playbook.  

2 hours ago, Brobie said:

I expect them to say we are bigger, stronger,etc....but not faster. you are entitled to youreceive opinion . 

1 hour ago, skipper said:

I am going to ask the mustangs fans is this a one man team  have they see big teams with speed and stud qbs and wrs and rbs  they have no  FEAR  and don't back down  from no one. these kids work very hard each week to better them self each week.and try and get better.GODS SPEEDS MUSTANGS play lights out  football all 11 kids on the ball all night  as dan ray hooks would say

To your point this is not the most talented team I have seen at WOS. But they play better as a unit than any WOS team I have seen. Defense is suffocating. 

Navarro may be one of the best "Teams we've seen this year " , better than Kennendale ??  They don't have superstars just a well coached bunch.  I don't think the offense had a single penalty in the Cuero game . We will have to play good solid football against this group. Coach T will have them ready , execute execute execute.

22 hours ago, losteraussie said:

I completely understand........but the football gods don't always see it as we do. I've been on the bad end.......WOS has also. If Navarro or Gilmer beat WOS........the loser will be remembered more than the winner. 

"If" will not happen.

A couple of things:

I'm interested in seeing how Navarro will react being "under the lights" for the first time- playing in NRG against the defending champs, first trip to the state semifinal... We saw what happened the last 2 weeks when WO-S got off to a "slow" start, I'd hate to see what a fast start looks like. Don't want to get caught watching.

That being said, I don't think WO-S has ever cruised through this round. It's always a dogfight at this point, no matter the opponent.

Sinton's QB could throw it all over the field, Cuero's QB had maybe the best individual performance I've ever seen against a WO-S defense despite getting knocked out of the game (twice, I think). It may take another performance like that for Navarro.

How many Slot-T teams does WO-S have to beat to prove that they can stop it? Lol. Every time we face one, this topic is brought up as a threat. Maybe it was two years ago, but I think it's safe to say they've figured it out.

20 minutes ago, ManiacAlum2000 said:

A couple of things:

I'm interested in seeing how Navarro will react being "under the lights" for the first time- playing in NRG against the defending champs, first trip to the state semifinal... We saw what happened the last 2 weeks when WO-S got off to a "slow" start, I'd hate to see what a fast start looks like. Don't want to get caught watching.

That being said, I don't think WO-S has ever cruised through this round. It's always a dogfight at this point, no matter the opponent.

Sinton's QB could throw it all over the field, Cuero's QB had maybe the best individual performance I've ever seen against a WO-S defense despite getting knocked out of the game (twice, I think). It may take another performance like that for Navarro.

How many Slot-T teams does WO-S have to beat to prove that they can stop it? Lol. Every time we face one, this topic is brought up as a threat. Maybe it was two years ago, but I think it's safe to say they've figured it