Crosby vs Barbers Hill

Red Dawn

14 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

If you're not a coach at Crosby, then you need to find a hobby. Breaking down Huddle film of an opposing team is kind of strange unless you're a coach. 

Or unless you have 4 kids you plan on playing college sports and need to relay information based on first hand experience like playing, training and film study. There's always getting lucky though.

Or you can look at it so you actually know what you're talking about when you post, but then again you can always take a shot in the dark.

13 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Or unless you have 4 kids you plan on playing college sports and need to relay information based on first hand experience like playing, training and film study. There's always getting lucky though.

Or you can look at it so you actually know what you're talking about when you post, but then again you can always take a shot in the dark.

Holy crap batman you have 4 kids that are that talented! I got 2 and will have to bribe someone to get'em into college:) Good for you though!

I have to agree they made a great hire as far as coaching goes. He will bring back a winning tradition to the ant mound for sure. No pun intended, just think that with his offense once they face say a Crosby, defense on the Coogs part is gonna out athlete the offense of the mound. I could be wrong but I think it will be a long night for the mound.

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

No, I'm making my point based off the formation and personnel BH was using against Santa Fe. When your starting qb is in the game the rest of your starters usually are too. The plays you use to get recruited are on the highlight film and should be your best ones. If it doesn't look hard to defend the best plays, it's a lot easier to defend the ones that don't work so well. It's easy to pick up that your rb probably won't do much because the reason he got the yards was the movement BH got at the line of scrimmage and there was poor tackling. You qb has good numbers but hasn't faced any athletes that can pressure him from the line of scrimmage or make him hold on to it because of secondary coverage. I could go on and on but you're new and what you'll eventually realize is that I won't post anything I haven't don't research on.

You point is wrong. When i was recruited they did not want to see highlight film; they wanted whole game film. And the film you are referring to were mostly scoring plays. So if you was not there, don't assume stuff. We may very well get beat but i have read to much from the arm chair QB's for the world. When truth is you know as much as you read. I hope its a good clean game and everybody come out of it healthy. 

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

That's my approach. Works good enough for this bunch. 

1 hour ago, biaplayer said:

I have to agree they made a great hire as far as coaching goes. He will bring back a winning tradition to the ant mound for sure. No pun intended, just think that with his offense once they face say a Crosby, defense on the Coogs part is gonna out athlete the offense of the mound. I could be wrong but I think it will be a long night for the mound.

I agree except we won't just out athlete them.  Crosby is well coached and "disciplined" as well. 

39 minutes ago, #JIGEAGLE said:

You point is wrong. When i was recruited they did not want to see highlight film; they wanted whole game film. And the film you are referring to were mostly scoring plays. So if you was not there, don't assume stuff. We may very well get beat but i have read to much from the arm chair QB's for the world. When truth is you know as much as you read. I hope its a good clean game and everybody come out of it healthy. 

I have to disagree to some point on what you said here. Every year the coaches are looking at a large number of possible recruits. I do not believe they have enough time to actually look at whole game film for all of the recruits. In today's world their are a number of recruiting services. They do not send in whole game film. Show them some highlights and get them to come watch a game or send a rep to watch a game. You send them a whole game film and they are likely to set it aside.

6 minutes ago, Lightning/Eagle said:

I have to disagree to some point on what you said here. Every year the coaches are looking at a large number of possible recruits. I do not believe they have enough time to actually look at whole game film for all of the recruits. In today's world their are a number of recruiting services. They do not send in whole game film. Show them some highlights and get them to come watch a game or send a rep to watch a game. You send them a whole game film and they are likely to set it aside.

I can only go by what they asked of me! But that was 20 years ago!! And i did send highlight tape first and they asked for game film.

9 hours ago, MrFleet23 said:

Anybody who thinks BH offense will be able to do what Manvel did is a special case. Crosby defense will set the tone. Too many play makers at WR/RB even with Netherly out. Plus I heard some players have just become eligible on the O-line 35-14 Code Red. Starters pulled by the end of the third

BH will be nothing like Manvel.  They had speedy athletes on both sides of the ball as well as huge linemen. TBH,  Crosby dominated the game starting off and held Manvel to 0pts the second half. Code Red will beat BH with or without Manny... 

Crosby-38

Barbers Hill-13

18 hours ago, #JIGEAGLE said:

The only td I saw BH score was on a fake punt. When I was recruited they asked for my highlight tape first to see if they actually wanted to talk to me than asked for my three best games. I signed with South Dakota State who just dropped 41 on #15 TCU this past weekend. When you get recruited now days the first thing they ask for is your Hudl film and your Twitter account, if you're good there then they pursue further and ask for game film. I've seen two of the game highlights and two of the scrimmages, pretty clear what BH has and will do unless he's going to play a different starting 22 and run completely different plays our of completely different formations. I work with people who have kids on BH's team, guys that go to all their games and even one that was on the BH school board for years. Like I told you previously, I don't take shots in the dark.

17 hours ago, Lightning/Eagle said:

That guy was talking about the game 20 years ago when schools sent you a letter and you sent them back VHS tapes you hope the film was still in when they got there. He has no idea what he's talking about as far as today's recruiting. You hit the nail on the head. In today's world a coach can sit in his office during the dead period and watch film on the top 50 receivers in his state in one day. Then when they're out on the trail they come put the tape measure on the kids they liked off of that film. You also hit in on the screws when you talked about the recruiting services/coordinators schools have or use now. To streamline the process even more a school can basically sub-contract out their needs to a recruiting service and get back a list of prospects. The days of having to watch hours of film to see if you like a kid are akin to the hours it took to do something on dial-up internet. They're even offering kids based off camp performances who have sub-par film now days. Good post.  

On 09/06/2016 at 2:06 PM, TradenupBH said:
On 09/06/2016 at 2:58 PM, biaplayer said:
On 09/06/2016 at 2:07 PM, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:
5 hours ago, BHFAN said:

Not sure who's record is correct the SETX showing we lead the series while Lone Star Football shows Crosby leading.. either way these two teams have been playing each other since 1931 (See Link Below)!  We haven't beat Crosby since 2010 :(

This is the hidden content, please