22-5A Predictions

Alpha Wolf

I know school has not even ended for this year but most of us have an idea what their particular school has coming back.  Now that we have our finalized district, how do you see it playing out?  Here all 9 teams listed in alphabetical order...

1. Baytown Lee Ganders

2. Beaumont Central Jaguars 

3. Beaumont Ozen Panthers 

4. Livingston Lions

5. Lumberton Raiders

6. Nederland Bulldogs 

7. Port Arthur Memorial Titans 

8. Port Neches-Groves Indians 

9. Vidor Pirates

43 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

1. Beaumont Central Jaguars 
2. Port Arthur Memorial Titans 
3. Port Neches-Groves Indians
4. Beaumont Ozen Panthers 
5. Nederland Bulldogs 
6. Vidor Pirates
7. Lumberton Raiders
8. Baytown Lee Ganders
9. Livingston Lions

So the Jags are on top? Is this bait for "you know who"? lol

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

5. Nederland Bulldogs 
6. Vidor Pirates
7. Lumberton Raiders
8. Baytown Lee Ganders
9. Livingston Lions

Seems like you had the Dogs in 5th last year too.  How did that work out for ya? :) 

5. Nederland Bulldogs 
6. Vidor Pirates
7. Lumberton Raiders
8. Baytown Lee Ganders
9. Livingston Lions

Nederland out of the playoffs? Have you watched this district for the past what, five seasons? 

11 minutes ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

Lumberton

Nederland

PNG

PAM

Vidor

Central

Ozen

Lee

Livingston

Hahaha! Having Lumberton as #1 is almost as hilarious as having Central there!

It's PAM, then the Mid County Schools and either Central or Ozen bringing up the rear.

Let Vidor, Livingston, Lumberton and Lee fight it out for the toilet bowl!

38 minutes ago, Gabe said:

Nederland out of the playoffs? Have you watched this district for the past what, five seasons? 

Exactly.  Seeing as none of the teams on that list have beaten Ned in the last 5 years. :)    PAM will be the wildcard, but I think the Dogs are up to the challenge especially if it comes down to coaching.

3 hours ago, NDNation said:

So the Jags are on top? Is this bait for "you know who"? lol

I put that there because of a few things.  Jags return virtually everyone from a defense that was tops or 2nd to tops in the district.  (9 or 10 returning starters in defense including the defensive player of the year).  Also, they are one of the few teams that return a starting QB.  On offense, they inherited a really good JV squad that I believe only lost 1 game last year that will translate really well to varsity.

2 hours ago, Gabe said:

I think Nederland normally has 'that player'.  You know, Krautze, Saey, Benjamin, the Meats, ext.  I don't think there are any of those players coming.  That's why I said that.  Cupboard is dry...

1 hour ago, The Icon said:

Hahaha! Having Lumberton as #1 is almost as hilarious as having Central there!

It's PAM, then the Mid County Schools and either Central or Ozen bringing up the rear.

Let Vidor, Livingston, Lumberton and Lee fight it out for the toilet bowl!

What's funny about Central being #1?  What team do you follow?

...and here's the thing...Central and Ozen has an advantage as they've been playing PAM for years and are very familiar with them.  The only difference is that it's in district.  

And BTW, Memorial's big gun will be playing at Baylor next year, so you probably won't get a super charged PAM team like the one that marched to the State simis a few years ago...

53 minutes ago, bronco pride said:

I know this isn't my teams district but dang I hear the same thing every year and every year Ned does their thing. I don't see Ned finishing out of the top 2. I will say PAM does make it very interesting. 22 5a will be a much more competitive district  than Daytons without a doubt.

Yep.

I think Nederland normally has 'that player'.  You know, Krautze, Saey, Benjamin, the Meats, ext.  I don't think there are any of those players coming.  That's why I said that.  Cupboard is dry...

Been hearing that for 5 years too.  Hasn't happened yet.  Ned has two pretty good running backs coming back in Nguyen and Leleux and doesn't seem to have problems finding a QB or receivers ( although they have two good ones coming back) , so I wouldn't say the cupboard is dry.

28 minutes ago, bigdog said:

Been hearing that for 5 years too.  Hasn't happened yet.  Ned has two pretty good running backs coming back in Nguyen and Leleux and doesn't seem to have problems finding a QB or receivers ( although they have two good ones coming back) , so I wouldn't say the cupboard is dry.

Yea, you're right.  I have said that for 5 years.  Lol .  

But I figure that the annual and secret Nederland spring game will hold more meaning now that PAM is here and that big bad mean Soulja is one again doubting you again...  

3 hours ago, Jag Insider said:

I was waiting for this one from him.  This started in another thread.  I asked  for real predictions...

Ok . Serious prediction now. I predict Lumberton beats Memorial to grab the 4th spot. You heard it here first.  PNG, Central and Nederland in the other 3 spots. 

3 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

What's funny about Central being #1?  What team do you follow?

I follow SETX/Greater Houston in general 

I'm not from here, but I guess you could say I follow the mid county schools the closest. Co-workers' kids, blah blah blah

I got to watch Central vs Nederland and PN-G. Central's line was suspect at best, the QB was indecisive and they've graduated their best offensive weapon. I'll give you that the defense was pretty solid. However, Central lost to Ned and PNG, and were taken to the wire by Lumberton. All in all, I don't see them winning the district. 

I've been wrong before, and I'll be the first to tell you: You told me so.