Nederland VS Georgetown.....REGION 3 SHOWDOWN

Who will represent Region 3 in the Semi-Finals  

293 members have voted

1. 1. Who will represent Region 3 in the Semi-Finals

• Nederland Bulldogs
    • Georgetown Eagles

Not sure what quantifies as "much". The GT Offensive line has kept him clean for the most part. Numbers tell the tale for Hubenek. Does a fantastic job of taking care of business early. I guess you could say he is proactive in ball games, taking advantage of defenses early. Last week was Hubeneks greatest challenge of the season. He is human but "passed" the test.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="dogbite" post="1349054" timestamp="1354648982"]
Most teams appear to play a 3 man line and add extra defensive backs for a dime type defense.  Nederland will do the same.  Expect mal malveaux and Pryor to play safeties.
[/quote]

IMO, Ned needs to dance with the girl that brought them there, namely that 4 man monster defensive front. Georgetown's quarterback cannot have time to set up and will pick you apart if u let him. Three man front is what all the other teams that lost tried. He must go down and he must go down hard!!!

[quote name="Gtj007" post="1348977" timestamp="1354644279"]
Has the GT QB been pressured much in any game this year?  And if so, how did he perform?
[/quote]

Sounds like they will protect him with a lot of quick hitters and three step drops. This is Week 14 of the season there is plenty of tape on both teams and good coaches will break the tape down and have game plans ready. It will be interesting to see the in game adjustments by each staff. That's always key this time of year. More importantly Is Hopkins shoulder ok cause when he in there Nederland tends to wear teams down. He is a very physical runner.

[quote name="robanadana" post="1349059" timestamp="1354649856"]
[quote author=dogbite link=topic=106997.msg1349054#msg1349054 date=1354648982]
Most teams appear to play a 3 man line and add extra defensive backs for a dime type defense.  Nederland will do the same.  Expect mal malveaux and Pryor to play safeties.
[/quote]

IMO, Ned needs to dance with the girl that brought them there, namely that 4 man monster defensive front. Georgetown's quarterback cannot have time to set up and will pick you apart if u let him. Three man front is what all the other teams that lost tried. He must go down and he must go down hard!!!
[/quote]
You are correct. Ned needs to pressure GT's quarterback. We sure couldn't. :(

[quote name="robanadana" post="1349059" timestamp="1354649856"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

That would be dumb for Nederland to play a 3 man front. It will most likely be a 4-2-5 defense, which we have ran quite a bit this season and I feel that its our best shot at shutting down the GT offense.

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1349077" timestamp="1354651605"]
[quote author=robanadana link=topic=106997.msg1349059#msg1349059 date=1354649856]
[/quote]

[/quote]

That would be dumb for Nederland to play a 3 man front. It will most likely be a 4-2-5 defense, which we have ran quite a bit this season and I feel that its our best shot at shutting down the GT offense.
[/quote]
What this guy said ^

whatever our coaches go with, I trust it to be our best chance to win...that is one of strengths, our coaching staffs repeatedly succesful ability to formulate a game plan...I trust them completely to come up woth the best plan...that being said, I don't look for much to change from what we have done all season with maybe some slight variations...we have faced spread teams before

[quote name="Razor" post="1349129" timestamp="1354654250"]
whatever our coaches go with, I trust it to be our best chance to win...that is one of strengths, our coaching staffs repeatedly succesful ability to formulate a game plan...I trust them completely to come up woth the best plan...that being said, I don't look for much to change from what we have done all season with maybe some slight variations...we have faced spread teams before
[/quote]
Well said. I wouldn't want anyone else but Spell to be coaching our defense in this game. He has consistently proven to be excellent at formulating defensive schemes in the playoffs...

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1349142" timestamp="1354654901"]
[quote author=Razor link=topic=106997.msg1349129#msg1349129 date=1354654250]
[/quote]
Well said. I wouldn't want anyone else but Spell to be coaching our defense in this game. He has consistently proven to be excellent at formulating defensive schemes in the playoffs...
[/quote]

::)

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1349168" timestamp="1354657375"]
[quote author=GoDogs27 link=topic=106997.msg1349142#msg1349142 date=1354654901]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Jealous??  ;D

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1349169" timestamp="1354657429"]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=106997.msg1349168#msg1349168 date=1354657375]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Jealous??  ;D
[/quote]

I'm rolling my eyes because he posted on my all dist thread, being negative

I've come to a conclusion, that you are a stalker! Quit following me ::)

[quote name="dogbite" post="1349054" timestamp="1354648982"]
[/quote]

I detect a hint of sarcasm here. Pryor and Malveau playing safety? They are very athletic, but needed on the line, and I know you know that.

I just watched the Nederland/Dawson video. Should be an interesting game. Dawson ran the ball a lot and seemed to be fairly predictable. Had opportunities in the secondary but didn't convert except for a long pass in the 3rd. Give credit to the Nederland D. Gtown has a pretty different O than Dawson, faster paced and mixing up the play calling. I cant wait to be at Berry Center on Saturday to watch the game.

I didn't realize (nor have I kept up-to-date) Nederlands has only one loss this season. Those bulldogs are always a tough team to play against. Always a big O-line and speed on defense. Good luck Bulldogs, supporting the Golden Triangle! By the way, the loss was to WOS...Go Stangs!

[quote name="CoogsEagles" post="1349247" timestamp="1354662341"]
[quote]Pflugerville had a fast paced offense too. The Dogs have seen it before. Obviously GT is of higher caliber than PC, but the tempo won't be something the defense can't handle.[/quote]

Pflugerville scored (0) against Gtown
[/quote]

I dont know if thats a very good gauge to use.. They only scored 3 against Nederland's defense..

[quote name="mreed" post="1349249" timestamp="1354662393"]
I didn't realize (nor have I kept up-to-date) Nederlands has only one loss this season. Those bulldogs are always a tough team to play against. Always a big O-line and speed on defense. Good luck Bulldogs, supporting the Golden Triangle! By the way, the loss was to WOS...Go Stangs!
[/quote]
No it wasnt.. Nederlands loss was to Angleton. They didn't play WO-S.. In a real game any way..

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1349174" timestamp="1354657899"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=106997.msg1349169#msg1349169 date=1354657429]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=106997.msg1349168#msg1349168 date=1354657375]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Jealous??  ;D
[/quote]

I'm rolling my eyes because he posted on my all dist thread, being negative

I've come to a conclusion, that you are a stalker! Quit following me ::)
[/quote]
No i just enjoy pissing you off lol. And besides your the one who keeps posting on threads that i posted on before lol. Who's stalking who?  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder