Nederland VS Georgetown.....REGION 3 SHOWDOWN

Who will represent Region 3 in the Semi-Finals  

293 members have voted

1. 1. Who will represent Region 3 in the Semi-Finals

• Nederland Bulldogs
    • Georgetown Eagles

[quote name="15 PNG" post="1347539" timestamp="1354453376"]
Went to and played for PN-G, I live in Round Rock, just 5 minutes from Georgetown.  But I will be at this next game with my PN-G shirt on, raising heck for the bulldogs!  Glad to see my neighbors up here in my neck of the woods.  My wife and I will be there!

That said, I've seen Georgetown play twice this year.  Do not underestimate them.  When they were in 5A, they were nearly winning against Round Rock Stony Point who made it to the semi's 2 years in a row.  They always made us nervous.  They are very well coached and do not get discouraged.  Their wins this season is proof of that.  So don't get cocky, may come back to bite you.  Respect all, but fear no one!  Go Bulldogs!
[/quote]
I dont think too many people are cocky. Nederland is for sure the underdog again, and I embrace it. The Dogs left it all out there on the field against Pearland Dawson with a nothing-to-lose mentality. Going to need that same mentality to walk out with a win against Georgetown. Georgetown is apparently on a whole different level than Nederland or Dawson. We might as well be playing a college team this week. I say.... Not so fast my friend! Nederland will be able to get enough pressure with their front 4 to force the GT QB into some bad decisions. As long as the secondary plays the way they have all season, the Dogs will come away with a win. Nederland needs two turnovers. 21 points will be enough for the Dogs but I'm going to give them a defensive TD on top of that..

Ned - 28
GT - 17

And hey, the Dogs have a pretty good record against Eagles this year ;)

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="GTX512" post="1347495" timestamp="1354426774"]
SC, Angleton, and Nederland fans are something else.  :). Only facts i'll point out is. Georgetown took out "The greatest show on turf". A very solid Angleton team with probably 2 of the best RB's in the state. A very underrated Magnolia West team. An now some of you Nederland people still act like this Georgetown team is some cake walk team, Because they're 13-0 for no reason. Oh well best of luck be safe going to Cypress on Saturday!
[/quote]

No way Ned faithful should be lumped in with SC fans. The Angleton fans I have met are level headed too. You are just trying to stir up something that you think your team can sink their teeth into because you can't figure out why we are here. I personally like that confused state we cast on people. I also like our attitude. We are not full of ourselves. We are simply confident in our abilities and we keep winning. That is all that matters. How much you win by is not a good thing to use to judge our team. What we have is not measured in points, but in desire.

SC was good but had the wrong attitude. I knew they were doomed. Angleton was a good win for you, but you can't count on turnovers to win. We beat the #1 team but won't let it swell our heads because we know our work is not over. Unlike yourself, we respect Georgetown and will not try to discredit your accomplishments and take you lightly. Bad attitude.

Tighten up those chin straps. You got a game on your hands. That is all.

I just hope Nederland is able to put the excitement of Friday behind them and focus on the new #1 Georgetown.  Neumann is usually good at getting the team focused, but being such a huge emotional roller coaster like it was always causes a concern.  The party is over, time to goto work.

GT 50+ Seniors - 9 underclassman
I'm looking forward to a good game GT's high powered O vs. Nederland's smothering D. Turnovers kill GT in this one in a hostile environment filled with Nederland and Central supporters and the rest of the Golden "T". To much pressure for GT to handle. The 50+ seniors knowing that after this year there's no more football for most of them going down. With 9 underclass man watching their state chances fade into the darkness.

Ned 28
GT  10... Or maybe 17

Let's get tem!!! Dawgs!!!!  From the heart of a Jaguar!!!

Nobody that I know is underestimating GTown...that's not the way we look at things here in Nederland...the further you advance, the harder it is supposed to get and I fully expect that to be the case next weekend...GT would be wise to have the same attitude towards Nederland...looking forward to playing in a new venue, just hope it's big enough...I expect us to test that capacity of 11,000 pretty good

:D Trust me when I say these DOGS will be solely focused on GT. They see the task ahead in a high powered offense that will be the biggest test to date. After watching the GT game I do feel we can score and the defense has to play lights out to slow down GT. I also feel if we can slow the game down all around that helps us because GT likes a fast game. If we get them out of rhythm and keep them there it gives us a edge. Gt is a really solid team that has good coaching. They have had a few turnover also so if we can win that battle it will help the cause. All that being said THE DOGS with their GOAT will win or lose this game. Still say DOGS by 3.

[quote name="GTX512" post="1347495" timestamp="1354426774"]
SC, Angleton, and Nederland fans are something else.  :). Only facts i'll point out is. [b]Georgetown took out "The greatest show on turf". [/b] A very solid Angleton team with probably 2 of the best RB's in the state. A very underrated Magnolia West team. An now some of you Nederland people still act like this Georgetown team is some cake walk team, Because they're 13-0 for no reason. Oh well best of luck be safe going to Cypress on Saturday!
[/quote]

Taking out SC is not saying much, yes, they are talented, HOWEVER, they are not disciplined and play as team, too many individual personalities.

This will be a good one on Saturday.....GTown will find out that Nederland fans are nothing like SC fans or many other fans......and they will find out how good our Defense really is and how our guys are on a mission.

The Dogs have played sports since they were 4 years old TOGETHER just for this moment.

We all have had the privilege to watch them for many years.

Go Bulldogs!

Alot folks under estimate our players. If you are not from Nederland or do not know the history of the players, you will find yourslef thinking it is impossible. This group has been successful in all sports since they were 8 and 9 years old. Most teams set goals that should be achievable or in reach.  These kids expect to win and never give up. They will battle to the end and not lose focus, they know what they want! They also have excellent leadership!

Guest Reservations46
[quote name="Bulldog8" post="1347670" timestamp="1354473503"]
Alot folks under estimate our players. If you are not from Nederland or do not know the history of the players, you will find yourslef thinking it is impossible. This group has been successful in all sports since they were 8 and 9 years old. Most teams set goals that should be achievable or in reach.  These kids expect to win and never give up. They will battle to the end and not lose focus, they know what they want! They also have excellent leadership!
[/quote]

I agree, you listen to any commentary outside of SETX about the Dawson game you hear words like "shocked" and "stunned". But that comes with the territory when you're knocking off #1's and "unbeatables" I guess. Same thing with PN-G in '99, haters gonna hate.

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="BigRed42" post="1347617" timestamp="1354466058"]
Love how each team we play each week we have some rookies from our opponent come on here, make an account, and talk trash like they own the place. Haters gonna hate! 8)
[/quote]

Just don't take it seriously, it just comes with the (internet) territory. LOL.

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="1347706" timestamp="1354478887"]
[quote author=BigRed42 link=topic=106997.msg1347617#msg1347617 date=1354466058]
Love how each team we play each week we have some rookies from our opponent come on here, make an account, and talk trash like they own the place. Haters gonna hate! 8)
[/quote]

Just don't take it seriously, it just comes with the (internet) territory. LOL.
[/quote]

haters gonna be going home, and some haters already did. ;D

thnk dogs can pull this one out.....best 4 A defense in the state!

This should be another great matchup, I was very fortunate to get to see the Nederland v Dawson game and I must say it was the best game I've seen in a while, perhaps state championship level of a game. My prediction of the result was 20-17 Ned, pretty fricken close maybe I should go to vegas lol. I must say Nederland is for real, if they win state they would definitely deserve it, no question. What jumped out to me about the game friday was how poorly Dawson behaved when a call didn't go their way, which is not the attitude of a champion. Lets see how Nederland handles the style of play Georgetown will bring, that D-line of nederland's needs to have a good game. There is a good chance I may be wrong, but I am taking GTown 31-28 

[quote name="baddog" post="1347564" timestamp="1354461034"]
[quote author=GTX512 link=topic=106997.msg1347495#msg1347495 date=1354426774]
SC, Angleton, and Nederland fans are something else.  :). Only facts i'll point out is. Georgetown took out "The greatest show on turf". A very solid Angleton team with probably 2 of the best RB's in the state. A very underrated Magnolia West team. An now some of you Nederland people still act like this Georgetown team is some cake walk team, Because they're 13-0 for no reason. Oh well best of luck be safe going to Cypress on Saturday!
[/quote]

No way Ned faithful should be lumped in with SC fans. The Angleton fans I have met are level headed too. You are just trying to stir up something that you think your team can sink their teeth into because you can't figure out why we are here. I personally like that confused state we cast on people. I also like our attitude. We are not full of ourselves. We are simply confident in our abilities and we keep winning. That is all that matters. How much you win by is not a good thing to use to judge our team. What we have is not measured in points, but in desire.

SC was good but had the wrong attitude. I knew they were doomed. Angleton was a good win for you, but you can't count on turnovers to win. We beat the #1 team but won't let it swell our heads because we know our work is not over. Unlike yourself, we respect Georgetown and will not try to discredit your accomplishments and take you lightly. Bad attitude.

Tighten up those chin straps. You got a game on your hands. That is all.
[/quote]

I meant no disrespect. I watched Your game with PD and I'm very impressed by your D. Personal opinion whats gonna decide this game is the small things. I'm not making a prediction because i dont bet against the teams that Gtown has played. Nederland is there for a reason. Best of luck.

Thanks. It's tough to read between the lines with text. So few people show respect, it's easy to overlook.

I don't talk smack about my team. I state facts and I am confident in our abilities. Our kids never give up and play as a unit. Our d-line is second to none. All our players are athletic and fast. We play smash-mouth football and are very disciplined. We look forward to our next game no matter the opponent and we take no one lightly (huge mistake). We know Georgetown is good or you wouldn't be here.

I'll say it again. Tighten those chin straps and get ready for some football.

[quote name="Smoking Baby" post="1347923" timestamp="1354500408"]
Georgtown will mop the floor with the puppies.......no doubts.  Good luck anyway.....really.  8)
[/quote]
I do not even mind you doubting us anymore, you get proved wrong every week. Keep doubting us.

Good passing offenses are tough to beat in the playoffs, especially when they can play a little D to go with it. Nederland has to finish drives more often and at least get some first downs on most of their drives to give that D a breather. This will be a tougher match-up than PD with GT's legit aerial attack. I hope Ned is able to pressure the QB like they have been all season.

I wish I could make this game, but if Dayton packed out Berry in 07, I know there won't be a seat....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin