Nederland VS Georgetown.....REGION 3 SHOWDOWN

Who will represent Region 3 in the Semi-Finals  

293 members have voted

1. 1. Who will represent Region 3 in the Semi-Finals

• Nederland Bulldogs
    • Georgetown Eagles

Georgetown where do you live in Georgetown! I use to live there. Do not think GT as most of their fans  call them will score near that much. The GT offense is good but The Dog defense is really good. Big fast and have not had that many points score on them in over a year.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Georgetown/rowdy" post="1347265" timestamp="1354412691"]
Georgetown will win this one smooth! i live in Georgetown and use to live in Lumberton and have watched Nederland play several times this year. Georgetown just has a better overall balanced team. ok, Nedarland played Pflugerville connally and won 17-10.. Good Game.. ha Georgetown SMASHED Pflugerville Connally 34-0... they doubled nederlands score and held them to 0! i went to that game and Georgetown Just hammered them! i know thats just one game but that just shows that georgetown has a better offense and defense.. dnt get me wrong, Nederland aint bad. i just dnt think they have what it takes to compete with Georgetown!!

GT-42 Nederland-17
[/quote]

Ok, I'll get you wrong. You are an old L-Train guy? Wow, this must make you the expert. Did you take in the Ned game last night? These are the games you should be watching, not the Lumberton game. But hey, fill Georgetown's head with malarkey. We love the underDOG.

[quote name="Matt" post="1347286" timestamp="1354414582"]
Nederland doesn't have the offense to win this game, or the defense to stop them.
[/quote]

Gee, that's original and sounds familiar...we have heard that for the last 3 weeks..at least come up with another reason that Nederland will lose

From this point on.......

there will be bad officiating....play like you got the last call anyway.

there will be turnovers that won't go your way.......play like you will make the other team make the next one anyway.

there will be moments when you know it looks impossible to win......play like anything is possible for your team to win anyway.

there will be plays you should have made.....play like you will make the next one anyway.

there will be pain......play like nothing hurts and you are 100% anyway.

there will  be trash talking by the other team.......play like what they are saying is a lie anyway.

there will be outstanding plays by your opponent.......play like you are next in line to make the next big one anyway. 

And in the end, it was never between you and your opponent, it was you and your team doing what they do, anyway. 

Go Bulldogs!

You dog fans need to look at the scores that Georgetown has allowed all season before you claim to have the better defense.

Georgetown has allowed an avg 13.5PPG
Nederland has allowed an avg 13 PPG

So I don't see how either team can claim the better D. But no one can argue who has the better O. Go Eagles

31-24 Eagles

Also don't let today's 39 points scored on Georgetown fool ya to think the Eagles defense inst great. The turnovers were the issue. Eagles turned the ball on their own side too much and gave Angleton great field position.

Hope it's a great game.

Safe travels to all

[quote name="Wbeauchamp" post="1347299" timestamp="1354415343"]
You dog fans need to look at the scores that Georgetown has allowed all season before you claim to have the better defense.

So I don't see how either team can claim the better D. But no one can argue who has the better O. Go Eagles

31-24 Eagles

Ask PD about how that high scoring works! ;D

Also don't let today's 39 points scored on Georgetown fool ya to think the Eagles defense inst great. The turnovers were the issue. Eagles turned the ball on their own side too much and gave Angleton great field position.

Hope it's a great game.

Safe travels to all
[/quote]

31-24 Eagles

Hope it's a great game.

Safe travels to all
[/quote]

Angleton gave Georgetown a short field too, so there goes your "O"? Strap 'em on tight and get ready for some football. That's all I can tell you.

[quote name="Wbeauchamp" post="1347302" timestamp="1354415657"]
Ok 31-6. Is that a better lower score?
[/quote]

Whatever man. I wish I had a dollar for every time I have heard how we just don't match up this year. I'd be rich.....but here we are. Tighten up those chins straps. That is all.

[quote name="Wbeauchamp" post="1347308" timestamp="1354415886"]
Yes they gave us one short field. We scored the other 7 touchdowns from beyond the 50.

If y'all wanna see a good game come to the Leander vs Georgetown game after we beat y'all.

Central Texas Football!
[/quote]

Already looking ahead. Sounds like SC. You kin to demdogs?

[quote name="Wbeauchamp" post="1347308" timestamp="1354415886"]
Yes they gave us one short field. We scored the other 7 touchdowns from beyond the 50.

If y'all wanna see a good game come to the Leander vs Georgetown game after we beat y'all.

Central Texas Football!
[/quote]

Only game on Nederland's schedule is Saturday vs Georgetown. 

See ya there!

31-24 Eagles

Hope it's a great game.

Safe travels to all
[/quote]
Turnover and penaltie are always an issue. the best team does not turnover the ball over and committ penalties that hurt your team. But Angleton had their share as well to help GT's O.

Yes, turnovers killed us today. 2 fumbles and a pick gave GTown a short field and you just can't do that against a quality team. We had 1 pick six and another deep in our own territory, so the offense scored 35 points on long drives against the Eagle defense. Just wasn't enough. Angleton RB Josh West had a great game today. Broke numerous tackles and had lots of big plays today. Proud of the Cats though. Another great year and hoping to keep it going next season. We will lose both of our talented RB's  :'( and a solid QB in Austin, but I'm excited about our QB next season. TJ Josey should take over under center and is a bigger (6'3, 185 4.6) and faster kid with a solid arm.

Sorry Nederland fans that we couldn't give you your rematch, but the kids tried their best. Good luck to the Bulldogs next week.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    lufunom123
    Newest Member
    lufunom123