1. 1. Who will represent Region 3 in the Semi-Finals

• Nederland Bulldogs
    • Georgetown Eagles

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Georgetown vs Elgin Highlights
[url=http://www.kvue.com/video?id=170697976&sec=693249]http://www.kvue.com/video?id=170697976&sec=693249[/url]

Georgetown vs Connally highlights
[url=http://www.kvue.com/sports/friday-football-fever/game-of-the-week/Game-of-the-Week-Connally-vs-Georgetown-176997071.html]http://www.kvue.com/sports/friday-football-fever/game-of-the-week/Game-of-the-Week-Connally-vs-Georgetown-176997071.html[/url]

Georgetown district title
[url=http://www.kvue.com/sports/Georgetown-plays-for-district-title-176896591.html]http://www.kvue.com/sports/Georgetown-plays-for-district-title-176896591.html
[/url]

Strangely enough, I think this game for Nederland comes down to the defensive line.  I think we can score on Georgetown, stop their run, and cover the pass if it comes out in a timely manner.  Hence, if our Dline can get pressure, we can shorten the timing of the pass patterns and create havoc in what Georgetown wants to do.  Especially if we can get pressure with our front 4 without having to blitz much.  So can our 4 horsemen get it done?  Can they pressure the QB into miscues, bad passes, fumbles, and sacks?  That would let the rest of the defense play back and make sure tackles on runs and receptions.  Also lets our offense control the clock and keep a Bulldog pace.  Guess we will see soon.

[quote name="dogbite" post="1347111" timestamp="1354403814"]
Strangely enough, I think this game for Nederland comes down to the defensive line.  I think we can score on Georgetown, stop their run, and cover the pass if it comes out in a timely manner.  Hence, if our Dline can get pressure, we can shorten the timing of the pass patterns and create havoc in what Georgetown wants to do.  Especially if we can get pressure with our front 4 without having to blitz much.  So can our 4 horsemen get it done?  Can they pressure the QB into miscues, bad passes, fumbles, and sacks?  That would let the rest of the defense play back and make sure tackles on runs and receptions.  Also lets our offense control the clock and keep a Bulldog pace.  Guess we will see soon.
[/quote]

Pressure on their QB is a must.....I know the Dogs D can do it.

This is the battle of two well coached, disciplined teams.....one winner, Nederland's advantage that our guys are a brotherhood and a TEAM.

Go Bulldogs!

From what I heard on the broadcast if Nederland can hold on to the football and not turn it over they will come away with a win.... G had a lot of TO's today... and Angleton capitalized on them.... problem is that Angleton coughed the ball up and the Georgetown capitalized also.... The key to beating them is ball control and making them make long drives.... they seem to sputter at times on long drives and penalties and pass coverage breakdowns was the only thing that kept them in the game.... I do believe the Bulldogs have the talent and mentality to give Georgetown a fat lip .... :-D .... The qb will need a Spy cause he has wheels and isnt scared to use them LOL.... You MUST contain RB Tyler Moody or he will run away with this game

Georgetown
* Statistics based on 6 games played. I assume these stats are from District games from Pressbox Services...

[size=14pt][b] Offense[/b][/size]
Points per game 43.5
Yards per game 414.0
Passing yards per game 233.8
Rushing yards per game 180.2
Penalty yards per game 30.3
Passing attempts per game 22.2
Passing completions per game 14.3
Passing completion percentage 0.65
Passing touchdowns 18
Passing interceptions 3
Passing Longest 70
Rushes 174
Rushes per game 29.0
Rushing yards 1081
Average rushing yards 6.2
Rushing touchdowns 11
Rushing longest 80
Total penalties 27

[size=14pt][b]Defense[/b][/size]
Points against per game 16.2
Yards against per game 222.0
Passing yards against per game 121.5
Rushing yards against per game 100.5
Interceptions 0
Interceptions for touchdowns 0
Forced fumbles 1
Defensive touchdowns 0
Tackles 1
Sacks 0
Passing yards against 729
Passing touchdowns given up 7
Passing Interceptions 4
Passing Longest 83
Rushes defended per game 32.0
Average rushing yards 3.1
Rushing touchdowns given up 5
Rushing longest 72

stat for the 3 playoff games from Houston Chronicle...

Georgetown Football
Season: 2012-2013
2211 North Austin Ave
Georgetown, TX 78626
512-943-5100
District 17-4A
Current record: 3-0 (District: 0-0)

TEAM STATS
Total yards First downs Rushing yards Yds/Att Passing yards Yds/Catch
    1010     55               463           6.09        547           16.09
PLAYER STATS
PASSING
Name          Comp Att      Pct         Yds TD INT
Jake Hubenak 33 47 70.21 525 8 0
Brent Ellerbee 1 3 33.33 24 1 0
RUSHING
Name        Att Yds Yds/Att TD
Tyler Moody 25 182 7.28         0
Randy Knightner 13 98 7.54         0
Austin Weston 11 89 8.09  2
Tory Dominguez 5 52 10.4  0
Jake Hubenak 17 43 2.53  0
Brent Ellerbee 2 2 1      0
Jordan Szura 2 0 0              0
Mason Jones 1 -3 -3    0

RECEIVING
Name          Rec  Yds Yds/Catch TD
Randy Knightner 14 249      18 3
Ryan Bedford 9 148     16 1
Austin Weston 7 114     16 3
Noah Douglas 3 52     17 1
Tyler Bland  1 24        24        0
Tory Dominguez 1 8       8 0

[quote name="Coach Comeaux" post="1347141" timestamp="1354405709"]
From what I heard on the broadcast if Nederland can hold on to the football and not turn it over they will come away with a win.... G had a lot of TO's today... and Angleton capitalized on them.... problem is that Angleton coughed the ball up and the Georgetown capitalized also.... The key to beating them is ball control and making them make long drives.... they seem to sputter at times on long drives and penalties and pass coverage breakdowns was the only thing that kept them in the game.... I do believe the Bulldogs have the talent and mentality to give Georgetown a fat lip .... :-D .... The qb will need a Spy cause he has wheels and isnt scared to use them LOL.... You MUST contain RB Tyler Moody or he will run away with this game

Offense
Points per game 43.5
Yards per game 414.0
Passing yards per game 233.8
Rushing yards per game 180.2
Penalty yards per game 30.3
Passing attempts per game 22.2
Passing completions per game 14.3
Passing completion percentage 0.65
Passing touchdowns 18
Passing interceptions 3
Passing Longest 70
Rushes 174
Rushes per game 29.0
Rushing yards 1081
Average rushing yards 6.2
Rushing touchdowns 11
Rushing longest 80
Total penalties 27
[/quote]
Thanks for the stats Comeaux. Stats don't look too scary but gt is obviously good at putting points on the board. It will definitely be a good game.

So thedogs1987 are suggesting only Nederland has a "brotherhood" and plays as a team?

You don't get this far in the 4A state playoffs with a bunch of individuals. You saw that Friday Night!
This should be one heck of a game. GTown will face the 1st great defense they've seen this year. Can the Dogs wear out GT and turn it into a wrestling match instead of a track meet like GT wants?

[quote name="badndn" post="1347146" timestamp="1354405905"]
So thedogs1987 are suggesting only Nederland has a "brotherhood" and plays as a team?

You don't get this far in the 4A state playoffs with a bunch of individuals. You saw that Friday Night!
This should be one heck of a game. GTown will face the 1st great defense they've seen this year. Can the Dogs wear out GT and turn it into a wrestling match instead of a track meet like GT wants?
[/quote]

Nope, not only Nederland, just sayin' that Dogs have something beyond football that binds them together (as some others who are still playing)....playing as a team where no one individual is relied upon on any night only.....there are always players stepping up at key times to help Nederland win

I think back to some of the great NDN teams and see that same thing with them.

Agree completely about pounding it out with GT.  Pressure on QB is a must, we've got to upset him early and often.

From the broadcast it sounded like Angleton made the mistake of playing a cover three dime defensive package with a three man rush (at least early in the game). SC tried the same stuff with similar results. We must pressure that QB. If he has time to stand in the pocket he'll eat a defense up. When pressured he seems to make at least some bad decisions. Neds front four can go a long way toward stopping that passing game and containing the run. I'm betting our defense will show GT another type of football. I really believe another effort like that against Dawson will get us to the next round.

Stadium  [top]

The Berry Center Stadium is THE outdoor sporting venue in Northwest Houston! Take your meeting on a new playing field, the stadium can accommodate trade shows, banquets, outdoor concerts and any type of team-building event. Think outside the roof and add an amazing backdrop to your event.

Stadium Seating

Permanent: 2,128

Bleachers: 8,872

Total: 11,000

Amenities

Elevators, Bus Parking, Barricades and 8 Dressing Rooms

Box Offices - Entrances Five, Six, Seven and Eight, Catering

Announcers for GT today, commented several times on how well Angleton traveled to College Station.....I thought, wait til they see Nederland Fans travel....... 8)

Now, the venue in Greater Houston area, favors Ned.

Didn't want to play where GT played in College Station past 2 weeks and won.  Make 'em a little uncomfortable and but+s sore from travelling. ;D

Georgetown will win this one smooth! i live in Georgetown and use to live in Lumberton and have watched Nederland play several times this year. Georgetown just has a better overall balanced team. ok, Nedarland played Pflugerville connally and won 17-10.. Good Game.. ha Georgetown SMASHED Pflugerville Connally 34-0... they doubled nederlands score and held them to 0! i went to that game and Georgetown Just hammered them! i know thats just one game but that just shows that georgetown has a better offense and defense.. dnt get me wrong, Nederland aint bad. i just dnt think they have what it takes to compete with Georgetown!!

GT-42 Nederland-17

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin

• Vidor vs HJ - 1 Game Location:  Vidor Date and Time:  Thursday (May 2) at 7pm
    • but will he be doing contact football drills mid-season?
    • That was an awesome video!  I feel so proud of these young men.  They proved the doubters wrong.  Bellville should be proud, too.  I know it didn't end like they had hoped, but we've been there, so we can definitely empathize with them.  Great season, Brahmas!
    • Meh.. Everyone knows this. The kid that got injured wasn't lifting weights. Supposedly he was hit with a helmet in his elbow. In my opinion the kid shouldn't have been put in that situation. AD should've told the Varsity baseball players to sit that one out. I have no issues with the lifting or conditioning. However, anytime helmets/pads are on there is a higher risk of injury. This AD showed a total lack of respect for HIS baseball program. 
    • Maybe.. however..  Many athletic director / head football coach have lost their job despite the athletic program as a whole being successful.. if the football team struggles.  On the other hand, when football teams are doing great but the rest of the program stinks.. AD/HFC still keeps their job. WOS.  Newton. .. programs as a whole were fairly weak during those many years of football power and very few people even knew it.  Or cared. Yet, AD/HFC kept their jobs for years. Meanwhile, I remember an AD/HFC at Barbers Hill lost his job after every program in the school won district championships and even had several team sports (baseball, softball, girls hoops, etc.) making runs at state.  But the football team was mediocre.  Fired. I'm not saying you're wrong, just that perception is reality.  And the perception is that your athletic program can suck as long as football wins.. it doesn't matter how strong the athletic program is if football sucks. 
  • Topics