Nederland VS Georgetown.....REGION 3 SHOWDOWN

Who will represent Region 3 in the Semi-Finals  

293 members have voted

1. 1. Who will represent Region 3 in the Semi-Finals

• Nederland Bulldogs
    • Georgetown Eagles

[quote name="ATWILDCAT" post="1347372" timestamp="1354420299"]
Yes, turnovers killed us today. 2 fumbles and a pick gave GTown a short field and you just can't do that against a quality team. We had 1 pick six and another deep in our own territory, so the offense scored 35 points on long drives against the Eagle defense. Just wasn't enough. Angleton RB Josh West had a great game today. Broke numerous tackles and had lots of big plays today. Proud of the Cats though. Another great year and hoping to keep it going next season. We will lose both of our talented RB's  :'( and a solid QB in Austin, but I'm excited about our QB next season. TJ Josey should take over under center and is a bigger (6'3, 185 4.6) and faster kid with a solid arm.

Sorry Nederland fans that we couldn't give you your rematch, but the kids tried their best. Good luck to the Bulldogs next week.
[/quote]

We were pulling for Angleton....Great Season for yall and sounds like Angleton will be back next season with a solid team and great Qb....look forward to the next big one with Angleton.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="baddog" post="1347290" timestamp="1354414836"]
[quote author=Matt link=topic=106997.msg1347286#msg1347286 date=1354414582]
Nederland doesn't have the offense to win this game, or the defense to stop them.
[/quote]

Hey Dayton dude. Go dribble a basketball.?....and make sure it's a scrimmage.
[/quote]

scrimmage-- too funny, but I think he is speaking tongue in cheek. not sure though

[quote name="Georgetown/rowdy" post="1347265" timestamp="1354412691"]
Georgetown will win this one smooth! i live in Georgetown and use to live in Lumberton and have watched Nederland play several times this year. Georgetown just has a better overall balanced team. ok, Nedarland played Pflugerville connally and won 17-10.. Good Game.. ha Georgetown SMASHED Pflugerville Connally 34-0... they doubled nederlands score and held them to 0! i went to that game and Georgetown Just hammered them! i know thats just one game but that just shows that georgetown has a better offense and defense.. dnt get me wrong, Nederland aint bad. i just dnt think they have what it takes to compete with Georgetown!!

GT-42 Nederland-17
[/quote]Big Ned beat #1 Dawson twice in one game I think they will match up just fine against G-Town !

[quote name="thedogs1987" post="1347446" timestamp="1354423638"]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=106997.msg1347439#msg1347439 date=1354423117]
Now that I have seen ned and gt play im thinking gt 35 ned 17. Not a knock on ned but gt is on a different level.
[/quote]

Same way Dayton was on different level??
[/quote]nederland was on a different level than dayton just like sc was. Just an honest assesment of what I think the score will be. Hope ned wins just dont think they will.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1347449" timestamp="1354423820"]
[quote author=thedogs1987 link=topic=106997.msg1347446#msg1347446 date=1354423638]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=106997.msg1347439#msg1347439 date=1354423117]
Now that I have seen ned and gt play im thinking gt 35 ned 17. Not a knock on ned but gt is on a different level.
[/quote]

[/quote]nederland was on a different level than dayton just like sc was. Just an honest assesment of what I think the score will be. Hope ned wins just dont think they will.
[/quote]

Understand, .....you wouldn't be the first to pick against Ned, probably not the last...

We'll only make believers out of some when we win it all!!!  Nothing less will do.

Go Bulldogs!

People nowadays in the glory days of spread offenses, do not.understand the way Nederland plays and wins games.  Folks have a hard time understanding how Ned controlled and dominated a game where PD out gained them 359 to 200... how does that happen?  If you don't know or understand then you picked PD and are thinking GT will waltz away with this thing.... just watch and learn

I do think it will be a tight game (but I'm sure the next few will be).  I've watched Georgetown and think they play a different kind of football.  They seem to pass a lot and have speed. They are well disciplined too (unlike PD).  I'm going with Big Ned coming out on top.  27-24

[quote name="thedogs1987" post="1347452" timestamp="1354423954"]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=106997.msg1347449#msg1347449 date=1354423820]
[quote author=thedogs1987 link=topic=106997.msg1347446#msg1347446 date=1354423638]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Understand, .....you wouldn't be the first to pick against Ned, probably not the last...

We'll only make believers out of some when we win it all!!!  Nothing less will do.

Go Bulldogs!
[/quote]good thing about high school football theres always just obe standing at the end of the season. Pd was definitley not #1 cause their done. Ned and gt still have the chance to be #1.

[quote name="NDOMAKONG" post="1347456" timestamp="1354424052"]
People nowadays in the glory days of spread offenses, do not.understand the way Nederland plays and wins games.  Folks have a hard time understanding how Ned controlled and dominated a game where PD out gained them 359 to 200... how does that happen?  If you don't know or understand then you picked PD and are thinking GT will waltz away with this thing.... just watch and learn
[/quote]for the record I didnt pick pd. The stratford game gave me real doubts about their team. I actually thought ned matched up well with pd. GT has a legit d1 qb and is well coached but who knows I will be there hoping for a ned win but expecting a gt win.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1347465" timestamp="1354424512"]
[quote author=NDOMAKONG link=topic=106997.msg1347456#msg1347456 date=1354424052]
[/quote]for the record I didnt pick pd. The stratford game gave me real doubts about their team. I actually thought ned matched up well with pd. GT has a legit d1 qb and is well coached but who knows I will be there hoping for a ned win but expecting a gt win.
[/quote]
We have d1 all over our defense so bring it on.

[quote name="NDOMAKONG" post="1347473" timestamp="1354425156"]
I respect your opinion, but Nederland has much more than a punchers chance here an if you've seen them play, you know that.  We don't need you or anyone else to pick us to know the nasty butt team we have that can compete with anyone.
[/quote]i have seen both play and it will be a punchers chance. I know you dont need me to pick ned to win its just an opinion. Best of luck ned. Im out.

SC, Angleton, and Nederland fans are something else.  :). Only facts i'll point out is. Georgetown took out "The greatest show on turf". A very solid Angleton team with probably 2 of the best RB's in the state. A very underrated Magnolia West team. An now some of you Nederland people still act like this Georgetown team is some cake walk team, Because they're 13-0 for no reason. Oh well best of luck be safe going to Cypress on Saturday!

[quote name="GTX512" post="1347495" timestamp="1354426774"]
SC, Angleton, and Nederland fans are something else.  :). Only facts i'll point out is. Georgetown took out "The greatest show on turf". A very solid Angleton team with probably 2 of the best RB's in the state. A very underrated Magnolia West team. An now some of you Nederland people still act like this Georgetown team is some cake walk team, Because they're 13-0 for no reason. Oh well best of luck be safe going to Cypress on Saturday!
[/quote]

There are no cake walks and  GT for sure is not one.  It will tough game but I am hopeful that our match ups and defense will carry us over the top in the final score. 

Go Bulldogs!

[quote name="Georgetown/rowdy" post="1347265" timestamp="1354412691"]
............Nedarland played Pflugerville connally and won 17-10.. Good Game.. ha Georgetown SMASHED Pflugerville Connally 34-0... they doubled nederlands score and held them to 0! ...............

[/quote]

And I supposed GT played PC in a misting rain in 25 mph winds?

Dawson had the "ultimate" college committed players and were #1.  And we still outplayed them and beat them.  If you saw that game Friday night, you saw Ned's first class Defense and the perseverance and skill of the Offense.  Ned played their best game yet. Their team is cohesive, confident & calm and they are ALL good.  There is no one hero.  They are a team in every sense of the word.    No one is saying Georgetown will be a cake walk.  You don't get to this level for no reason.  If Ned plays on all cylinders like they did against PD, it will be a battle like GT has never seen.  Winner...the DOGS again.  GO DOGS!!!

Went to and played for PN-G, I live in Round Rock, just 5 minutes from Georgetown.  But I will be at this next game with my PN-G shirt on, raising hell for the bulldogs!  Glad to see my neighbors up here in my neck of the woods.  My wife and I will be there!

That said, I've seen Georgetown play twice this year.  Do not underestimate them.  When they were in 5A, they were nearly winning against Round Rock Stony Point who made it to the semi's 2 years in a row.  They always made us nervous.  They are very well coached and do not get discouraged.  Their wins this season is proof of that.  So don't get cocky, may come back to bite you.  Respect all, but fear no one!  Go Bulldogs!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    lufunom123
    Newest Member
    lufunom123