Navasota vs. La Marque

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="TexasFBallFan" post="1346102" timestamp="1354334651"]
Great game....too many mistakes and penalties by the Coogs...NHS played a solid game....although it got a little crazy toward the end.....
[/quote]

This. The mental mistakes killed LM tonight. They left points on the field, gave the Navasota a cheap TD, and fumbled in the red zone. Not to mention the TD that got called back (penalty). Can't do that against a good team.

Hats off to the Rattlers though they did what they had to do to move on. Their QB is the real deal. Good luck!

I sat on the Navasota side because I have no respect for La Marque.  They wonder why they have always had the "bad reputation".  It is because the players have always liked to fight (going back to 4A), the "drill team" dances like they are in the VIP at Ricks cabaret, and the coaches are enablers... ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="cougar2011" post="1345358" timestamp="1354314291"]
[quote author=jumpmanfeva link=topic=106681.msg1345203#msg1345203 date=1354301538]
Nav 41
LM 20
[/quote]

You seem very sure that Navasota will blow away and once #1 ranked La marque squad..... What do you think will be the keys for Navasota defeating la marque tonight ? i want to hear what gives you so much confidence. Don't just tell me how great your teams is and what you have done, i want to hear a game plan... any weaknesses you've seen in la marque that makes you feel like they don't stand a chance. Let's hear it.
[/quote]

Obvious reasons. LM is not disciplined enough....

I was at the game tonight, and Navasota was clearly the better team on the field.  I thought that defensively, Navasota played very well.  The only thing that kept La Marque in the game was the legs of QB Mercer.  I think that La Marque has gotten swagger confused with being dirty and undisciplined.  That was ridiculous tonight.  I have to respect Navasota's ability to keep their composure and keep playing.  They are a well coached, and are going to be tough to beat.  Navasota and WOS should be a good one. 

[quote name="jumpmanfeva" post="1346309" timestamp="1354342738"]
LM had a great gameplan... it seems as if[b] they were playing to not get beat by 20+ instead of playing to WIN.[/b]  Navasota Rattlers strike again!
[/quote]

Yeah because LM has never won anything. ::)

Hats off Navasota! Good Luck.

[quote name="Trojan1989" post="1346246" timestamp="1354339420"]
Yes it was the same La Marque (Thug Nation) player ejected two weeks in a row.  Ejected from two of the biggest games he has played in probably.  [b]I would bet all the La Marque fans Obama bucks[/b] he will wind up in TDCJ before he turns 21.
[/quote]

Did you really play the "Obama" card?

WOW.

The election is over like LM's season. Get over it.

[quote name="TEXNIFICENT" post="1346333" timestamp="1354343391"]
[quote author=Trojan1989 link=topic=106681.msg1346246#msg1346246 date=1354339420]
Yes it was the same La Marque (Thug Nation) player ejected two weeks in a row.  Ejected from two of the biggest games he has played in probably.  [b]I would bet all the La Marque fans Obama bucks[/b] he will wind up in TDCJ before he turns 21.
[/quote]

WOW.

[/quote] Yeah!! We all know it was George Bush's fault that LaMarque lost!!

[quote name="TEXNIFICENT" post="1346319" timestamp="1354343042"]
[quote author=jumpmanfeva link=topic=106681.msg1346309#msg1346309 date=1354342738]
LM had a great gameplan... it seems as if[b] they were playing to not get beat by 20+ instead of playing to WIN.[/b]  Navasota Rattlers strike again!
[/quote]

Yeah because LM has never won anything. ::)

Hats off Navasota! Good Luck.
[/quote]

Exactly my point... Too much pride to let the Rattlers run up the score. When has LM ever rushed 3 D-Linemen and drop back 8 in coverage???  Navasota played their worst game of the season.  And I will give credit to LM, they were partly the reason. 

[quote name="TexasMinuteman" post="1346464" timestamp="1354361981"]
[quote author=TEXNIFICENT link=topic=106681.msg1346333#msg1346333 date=1354343391]
[quote author=Trojan1989 link=topic=106681.msg1346246#msg1346246 date=1354339420]
[/quote]

WOW.

[/quote] Yeah!! We all know it was George Bush's fault that LaMarque lost!!
[/quote]La Marque has only been in 8 state championships since 1986(six in a row from 93-98)and won 4 state championships since 86.  ;D

[quote name="Trojan1989" post="1346253" timestamp="1354339811"]
I sat on the Navasota side because I have no respect for La Marque.  They wonder why they have always had the "bad reputation".  It is because the players have always liked to fight (going back to 4A), the "drill team" dances like they are in the VIP at Ricks cabaret, and the coaches are enablers... ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

Yep - and the world is against the fans!

Congrats to the Rattlers!

La Marque- Nothing against the fans, but the team had to be the most dirtiest, classless team that I've ever seen.  The coaches cound't control their own players. 

Before the game, going into the locker rooms, some La Marque players gave the Navasota the F Bomb with their coaches there with them.  The La Marque coaches didn't say a word. 

Through out the game, late hits, extra pushing, mouthing, etc..  After the game, the police had to stop one or two Cougar players as they were trying to start more crap... One player threw his helmet to the turf...  One didn't want to shake hands has he walked off the field....  A total embarassment if I am a La Marque Cougar....

There's a big difference in history and pride, but this was just down right classless...  I am not sure what is going on or what has happened down I45, but, this is not the same La Marque program that I remember.

[quote name="Rattler99" post="1346779" timestamp="1354384419"]

La Marque- Nothing against the fans, but the team had to be the most dirtiest, classless team that I've ever seen.  The coaches cound't control their own players. 

Before the game, going into the locker rooms, some La Marque players gave the Navasota the F Bomb with their coaches there with them.  The La Marque coaches didn't say a word. 

Through out the game, late hits, extra pushing, mouthing, etc..  After the game, the police had to stop one or two Cougar players as they were trying to start more crap... One player threw his helmet to the turf...  One didn't want to shake hands has he walked off the field....  A total embarassment if I am a La Marque Cougar....

There's a big difference in history and pride, but this was just down right classless...  I am not sure what is going on or what has happened down I45, but, this is not the same La Marque program that I remember.
[/quote]

I had thought that this LaMarque stuff was a little overblown, but obviously it isn't. It is a shame a storied program has become like this. I had picked LaMarque to win in a close game. Let me be the first to say if this stuff is true I am very glad that my Stangs will be seeing Navasota next week. Their is NO room in high school sports for this classless stuff. The coaches have got to get control of their program even if it means losing some of their talent. Glad the classier team won. See ya'll next week, have a safe trip.

[quote name="Txdragon" post="1346791" timestamp="1354385198"]
[quote author=Rattler99 link=topic=106681.msg1346779#msg1346779 date=1354384419]

[/quote]

I had thought that this LaMarque stuff was a little overblown, but obviously it isn't. It is a shame a storied program has become like this. I had picked LaMarque to win in a close game. Let me be the first to say if this stuff is true I am very glad that my Stangs will be seeing Navasota next week. Their is NO room in high school sports for this classless stuff. The coaches have got to get control of their program even if it means losing some of their talent. Glad the classier team won. See ya'll next week, have a safe trip.
[/quote]

Unfortunately, over the years LaMarque has EARNED this reputation.  I had thought with their latest coaching changes that those tendencies had dissolved.  I guess they have not.  For more background, see the posts on the Nederland / Pearland Dawson game last night.  Coach Wells of Dawson is a former LaMarque head coach.
I guess some things never change.

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1346439" timestamp="1354349691"]
from what i heard LM left 14 points off the board. Closer game than i expected, i surely thought Navasota would blow them out.  :o
[/quote]

Navasota asking turned the ball over 4 times and left points on the board.  This game wasn't as close as the score indicates.

[quote name="cbmurphy11" post="1346804" timestamp="1354386174"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=106681.msg1346439#msg1346439 date=1354349691]
from what i heard LM left 14 points off the board. Closer game than i expected, i surely thought Navasota would blow them out.  :o
[/quote]

Navasota asking turned the ball over 4 times and left points on the board.  This game wasn't as close as the score indicates.
[/quote]oh.  8)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder