mustangs 2012 VS mustangs 1986

nasty661

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1301573" timestamp="1350352540"]
[quote author=nasty661 link=topic=104747.msg1301569#msg1301569 date=1350352425]
Out of these to of defenses who have the bestest defense
[/quote]

Another student of Betty Bahm's English class at WO-S.
[/quot[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=104747.msg1301573#msg1301573 date=1350352540]
[/quote]

Another student of Betty Bahm's English class at WO-S.
[/quote]

SAY WHAT?????!

Ok guys.Cut nasty some slack. ;D
To answer his question through 6 games...
1986 team-2 shutouts,gave up 39 points,through 10 games 72 points.8-2 record.

1987 team-3 shutouts,39 points,through 10 games 45 points.10-0 record.

1988 team-0 shutouts,40 points,through 10 games 60 points.8-2 record.

2000 team-1 shutout,31 points,through 10 games 56 points.10-0 record.

2012 team-4 shutouts,20 points,6-0 record.

The **2012 team is on target to meet or succeed these great teams.Lots of ball to play yet.

**Note the former teams were not in a weak district as this team is.

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="GUNHO" post="1301764" timestamp="1350394791"]
Ok guys.Cut nasty some slack. ;D
To answer his question through 6 games...
1986 team-2 shutouts,gave up 39 points,through 10 games 72 points.8-2 record.

1987 team-3 shutouts,39 points,through 10 games 45 points.10-0 record.

1988 team-0 shutouts,40 points,through 10 games 60 points.8-2 record.

2000 team-1 shutout,31 points,through 10 games 56 points.10-0 record.

2012 team-4 shutouts,20 points,6-0 record.

The **2012 team is on target to meet or succeed these great teams.Lots of ball to play yet.

**Note the former teams were not in a[b] weak district [/b]as this team is.
[/quote]

So are you calling all the teams in the district weak (Silsbee)? ::) ::)

[
[/quote]

Silsbee is the exception here I agree.They give us a test each year.Even beat us one year...If Coop was here he would tell you how that upset happened ;D
BC comes along with a good team every now and then.BC had a lock on this dristrict in the past until Silsbee/WO-S droped down.

Oh I forgot to mention one thing the '86,'87,'88 and 2000 team defenses had in common...they got their team to the state game and had a good O to go along with it.This team reminds me more of the 2000 team in that the defense and not the offense will be the key factor this season in the playoffs.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1301873" timestamp="1350403497"]
Yes they are saying they will shut out and crush Silsbee.
[/quote]

Stirring it pretty hard there, aren't ya' BS?  I think you made it up as is your customary agenda.  Who is "They" in your statement?

Guest Air Bisquit

[quote][b][b]Silsbee is the exception here I agree[/b].They give us a test each year.Even beat us one year...If Coop was here he would tell you how that upset happened[/b] ;D
BC comes along with a good team every now and then.BC had a lock on this dristrict in the past until Silsbee/WO-S droped down.

Oh I forgot to mention one thing the '86,'87,'88 and 2000 team defenses had in common...they got their team to the state game and had a good O to go along with it.This team reminds me more of the 2000 team in that the defense and not the offense will be the key factor this season in the playoffs.
[/quote]

Thats better ;D

Coop would say," the ball was wet, grass was wet, Silsbee watered the field and on and on" ;D ;D
Miss ole Coop sure wish he would quit ghost busting and come on back ;D

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1301870" timestamp="1350403391"]
[/quote]

That is some chopped up English man.
[/quote]

Yeah, to what Nasty is saying. ??? ??? ??? ;D

[quote name="marshman" post="1301901" timestamp="1350404488"]
Speaking of Coop,  I only recently been back in the forum and haven't seen any posts from him? what happened?  If I'm asking something out of line, I dont mean too just used to see a ton of post fromo him and now nothing.
[/quote]

He is no longer with the site, and we will leave it at that.

Hard to compare, first of all the 86 team was in a bigger classification with probably better teams. The  offenses were more smashmouth than now as the spread wasn't being run (at least to the extent it is now). Certainly, this years defense would compare favorably on talent (possibly even surpass the 86 team). I think you judge by results and the end results are yet to be seen.

[quote name="Txdragon" post="1301941" timestamp="1350407784"]
Hard to compare, first of all the 86 team was in a bigger classification with probably better teams. The  offenses were more smashmouth than now as the spread wasn't being run (at least to the extent it is now). Certainly, this years defense would compare favorably on talent (possibly even surpass the 86 team). I think you judge by results and the end results are yet to be seen.
[/quote]

Yeah.That's why I gave a little breakdown on them.
One thing is for sure...They ain't no '83 Dangerfield.But then who is.

I have either played or coach against the Chain Gang since 1980. The 2012 defense are like a swarm of bees in a daisy field. They attack the ball from every angle and they waste no time getting there.  At first glance, I am sure many adversaries think they can move the ball against their smaller foe but by halftime you realize your best offensive play is a punt.  IMO the 2012 bunch is one of WO-S finest defenses. Smothering is an understatement.

I am not saying WOS D is not the best thing since sliced bread, but if you look at who they have played, they have played one team with a winning record and that is Jasper.  If you look at the 1986 team they had already played Aldine Macarthur, Aldine Nimitz, and Nederland through the first six games.  I really don't think you can make this comparison this early, especially with the weak schedule WOS had played in 2012.  Also WOS had two or three of the better players to ever come out of there on that team in 1986.  If that team actually played this team the 2012 offense wouldn't gain an inch, but I do think the split back veer that WOS ran back in the day could move the ball against anybody.  Look who all they beat:  Macarthur, Nimitz, Silsbee, Brenham, New Bransfals, Jasper Twice, nederland, Dickinson, etc. JMO but I don't think you can judge a team by one side of the football, it is truly a team effort.

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="XDOG" post="1302353" timestamp="1350441912"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=104747.msg1301873#msg1301873 date=1350403497]
Yes they are saying they will shut out and crush Silsbee.
[/quote]

Yep that will happen. Watched them play BC. WOS will shutout Silsbee. IMO
[/quote] WOS will not shut out Silsbee. The Tigers have a very good defense as well.
Early prediction
Tigers 24
Stangs 20

[quote name="GUNHO" post="1301882" timestamp="1350403766"]
[
[/quote]

Silsbee is the exception here I agree.They give us a test each year.Even beat us one year...If Coop was here he would tell you how that upset happened ;D

[/quote]

That's one thing I don't think WOS will be able to do this year.  The have been great so far, but Navasota will be a bit too much for them come playoff time.  I havn't seen WOS play yet, so it's a little unfair for me to say that, but I have seen Navasota and they would contend in 4A.  Hopefully both teams stay healthy, cuz this would be a great game.

First Off is this WOS Defense the best ever? No not yet, they have a lot to prove and must keep improving. Do I belive this defense can do it? Hell yes! Its not their fault the teams they played haven't got things going, they have done what your suppose to do when you play teams weaker then you, and that's take them to the woodshed. Also I still believe if WOS was in 4A they would win the district this year. This 2012 team has. Some talented kids on defense and is without a doubt probably the fastest collection of kids WOS has ever had.

And yes WOS will shut-out Silsbee

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    lufunom123
    Newest Member
    lufunom123