FACTS about Yates/Kimball game

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Silsbeealum14" post="1195777" timestamp="1331485385"]
[quote author=Kountzer link=topic=97377.msg1195766#msg1195766 date=1331484205]
It's a msg board, 'Dickie V', or whoever you are.  Peeps express opinions on msg boards.  Just because you don't agree with them, doesn't mean they are wrong. 

The real Dickie V is a homer for Duke, and you are a homer for Yates.  Too each his own.  Btw, I'm not glad that Yates lost, I'm not exactly mad about it either.  I'm sure they will have more chances in 3A.
[/quote]
They won't win 3A either !!!!!
[/quote]
Edited by admin

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1195746" timestamp="1331480143"]
I just do not understand how some of you who post on this site try to sound so knowledgeable and don't really have a clue....its like me posting in the dang soccer forum..I don't know soccer, have never played soccer, yet if I went on there and talked about a soccer team's coach that just lost in the state title game on a last se cond goal, as if I know what the heck is going on....I would sound pretty dumb to a guy that REALLY knows soccer. Same concept....
Here are some things that you may want to consider:
1) This Yates team was very good, finishing with a 33-6 record as state finalist, but although they were far better than most in Texas, they were not as good as the previous teams that dominated in 09 and 10....not even close...No TRUE PG, for starters, and I could go on, but I want to keep this simple.
2) Every coach in TEXAS would send tapes on and try to strategize on how to beat Yates...ALL SEASON LONG..Do you guys really think that Coach Wise did not see every gimmick, trick defense, offensive game plan in the WORLD throughout these playoffs? Yet was a possession away from winning state again?
3) Their Sr. Leader, went 1-16 last night, and 0-7 from three....yet it took a prayer to best them on a last second shot in the end...1-16! 
This had not happened all year long...They missed FIVE front end one and ones down the stretch, which allowed Kimball to get back in the game.... wrong time for that, but how is that Coach Wise's fault? It's basketball, sometimes that just happens.
4) Ever lose a parent the day before a title game? Well Yates had to deal with THAT obstacle as well...the sophomore guard #1, lost his grandmother (who was raising him) on Friday while in Austin....Not making excuses, just stating facts here..
5) Did one of you guys say DISCIPLINE was an issue? I'd you did, I want to ask you one question...If you have seen Yates play, have you EVER seen those kids, talk back to a ref, talk smack to an opposing player, chest pump, throat slash, or ANY of those things that you often see undisciplined kids and teams do? I will answer for you. NOT EVER. Yates has possibly the MOST disciplined kids around..

Maybe this will help some of understand better, then again maybe it won't...I was just as shocked at the ending last night as most, but I do know that in these winner take all championship situations, things can and will happen....to blame the coach that has been there many times and understands also, is just not smart...Kimball was the defending state champion...they were a very good team...it took a wing and a prayer for them to beat Yates, and they got them both last night....Congrats to them and thanks to both teams for one of the best 4A finishes EVER.
[/quote]
I think arrogance got them beat...

[quote name="ozensfinest" post="1195841" timestamp="1331493346"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=97377.msg1195746#msg1195746 date=1331480143]
I just do not understand how some of you who post on this site try to sound so knowledgeable and don't really have a clue....its like me posting in the dang soccer forum..I don't know soccer, have never played soccer, yet if I went on there and talked about a soccer team's coach that just lost in the state title game on a last se cond goal, as if I know what the heck is going on....I would sound pretty dumb to a guy that REALLY knows soccer. Same concept....
1) This Yates team was very good, finishing with a 33-6 record as state finalist, but although they were far better than most in Texas, they were not as good as the previous teams that dominated in 09 and 10....not even close...No TRUE PG, for starters, and I could go on, but I want to keep this simple.
2) Every coach in TEXAS would send tapes on and try to strategize on how to beat Yates...ALL SEASON LONG..Do you guys really think that Coach Wise did not see every gimmick, trick defense, offensive game plan in the WORLD throughout these playoffs? Yet was a possession away from winning state again?
3) Their Sr. Leader, went 1-16 last night, and 0-7 from three....yet it took a prayer to best them on a last second shot in the end...1-16! 
This had not happened all year long...They missed FIVE front end one and ones down the stretch, which allowed Kimball to get back in the game.... wrong time for that, but how is that Coach Wise's fault? It's basketball, sometimes that just happens.
4) Ever lose a parent the day before a title game? Well Yates had to deal with THAT obstacle as well...the sophomore guard #1, lost his grandmother (who was raising him) on Friday while in Austin....Not making excuses, just stating facts here..
5) Did one of you guys say DISCIPLINE was an issue? I'd you did, I want to ask you one question...If you have seen Yates play, have you EVER seen those kids, talk back to a ref, talk smack to an opposing player, chest pump, throat slash, or ANY of those things that you often see undisciplined kids and teams do? I will answer for you. NOT EVER. Yates has possibly the MOST disciplined kids around..

Maybe this will help some of understand better, then again maybe it won't...I was just as shocked at the ending last night as most, but I do know that in these winner take all championship situations, things can and will happen....to blame the coach that has been there many times and understands also, is just not smart...Kimball was the defending state champion...they were a very good team...it took a wing and a prayer for them to beat Yates, and they got them both last night....Congrats to them and thanks to both teams for one of the best 4A finishes EVER.
[/quote]
I think arrogance got them beat...
[/quote]

Trudat, too proud to slow it down..

You will always have people who question the losing coach but when your best player is 1-16 you just aren't going to win many at ANY level of play.Basketball is a funny game so I wouldn't go out on a limb and say anyone will be a shoe in for a regional championship next year.These are teen age kids and sometimes the unexplained turnover or poor shooting nights just happen.It doesn't have to have an explanation, it just happens.

Dickie, from what I have heard from other coaches is that their opinion is that Yates does do a decent to good job, dont talk back to other players or refs, but do not run alot of sets and that could be because they rely on defensive pressure to get most of their points.  But to me they were not as bad as Fort Bend, Fort Bend played 1 on 1 all game and got beat because of that.  Same goes for Kimball.  That is why over the past 10-12 years you dont see alot of interest in 4a games.
The disgust with Yates and Kimball is how they obtain the players that we have, the head of Dallas AAU was sitting behind Kimball bench.  And we know all the stories from Yates.  The argument isnt that they dont play hard, or that they are not good, it is how they get players to their schools, which when you get right down to it, is cheating (if the rumors are true). 

Dove, Marcus and Garland Namman Forest beat Yates by 15 this year.  And I also say alot of other teams that knocked on the drafted team's door in the program guide.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1195816" timestamp="1331490537"]
[quote author=BADSANTA  link=topic=97377.msg1195803#msg1195803 date=1331488755]
Why is this cat on Yates jock so hard man! They lost because Kimball played better ball. Live with that. Yates is a great program now. They aren't better than Marcus, Travis, Kimball, an maybe Alamo Heights. Move on man!
[/quote]
Didn't I say that? Can't read either, huh? ::)
[quote author=baddog link=topic=97377.msg1195805#msg1195805 date=1331489167]
Maybe Yates ain't all that. What a great post from a losers perspective......DV.

One possession or not, most basketball games come down to that. At least act like you do know that. I thought Yates was supposed to beat everyone by 40.

Your only comeback will be to dis my team instead of admitting you were wrong.
[/quote]
Losers perspective?...what? ..I DON'T CARE THAT YATES LOST...I was talking about the game in general, which I thought was fantastic...don't worry...Your team will NEVER know what state feels like, so do not concern yourself with it.. ;)
[/quote]

Coming up with every excuse under the sun, and you don't care that they lost? BWaaaaaHaaaa. What a joke. Another loser's comment, and I told you that you would dis my team. DV was wrong!!! Yates is not Gods.....BWaaaaaHaaaaa. Guess they need to recruit from the Dallas area.

[quote name="ozensfinest" post="1195872" timestamp="1331499099"]
I think alot of ppl want to compare this team to the 2009-2010 team (i know thats what i was looking for) but they're not close to them i think that team might be one of the best in 4a of all time could be wrong though
[/quote]
Ozen 2001...  ;)....you should know that! 8)

[quote name="ozensfinest" post="1195872" timestamp="1331499099"]
I think alot of ppl want to compare this team to the 2009-2010 team (i know thats what i was looking for) but they're not close to them i think that team might be one of the best in 4a of all time could be wrong though
[/quote]Yates team this year is nowhere close to Snap's team.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1195880" timestamp="1331501394"]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=97377.msg1195872#msg1195872 date=1331499099]
[/quote]

09-10 Yates might be the best 4A team ever!

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1195874" timestamp="1331499608"]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=97377.msg1195872#msg1195872 date=1331499099]
[/quote]
[/quote]
they were better than them they won back to back

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1195884" timestamp="1331501983"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=97377.msg1195880#msg1195880 date=1331501394]
[/quote]

09-10 Yates might be the best 4A team ever!
[/quote]
The best 4A team in the 2000's are the best 4A team ever ? If ever, u must be crazy !!!

[quote name="ozensfinest" post="1195927" timestamp="1331508112"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=97377.msg1195874#msg1195874 date=1331499608]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Compare the Talent Ozen Played Chris Bosh - Jermis Smith - Byron Eaton

You can't name me a NBA player from the 2009-10 Team our that they played against

So I say 2001 Ozen By far that Startin 5 all got D-1 scholarships

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1195746" timestamp="1331480143"]

[/quote]
My reference to discipline had nothing to do with how the kids acted during a game but everything to do with shot selection.  Although, I was not there I heard that many bad shots were taken throughout the game.  I personally believe that kids from time to time have to be reeled in and that is the coaches job.  Go watch a AAU game and then take those same athletes in a controlled situation, one of the biggest changes would be their shot selection.  I know that coaches have their styles but sometimes in order to control the game or try to catch up one may have to change tatics.  Although, many coaches receive blame when circumstances do not warrant so, realistically, that is the nature of the beast.  After pondering my comment,  I probably shouldn't have commented when I didnt see the game first hand. Also I am extremely happy to know that Yate's players display integrity on the floor.

[quote name="SHS_Mayor" post="1196015" timestamp="1331540956"]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=97377.msg1195927#msg1195927 date=1331508112]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=97377.msg1195874#msg1195874 date=1331499608]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[b]You can't name me a NBA player from the 2009-10 Team our that they played against[/b]

[/quote]

Maybe because kids from the 09-10 teams are still in college!

[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=97377.msg1195927#msg1195927 date=1331508112]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

You can't name me a NBA player from the 2009-10 Team our that they played against

[/quote]

How many of that Startin 5 played 4 years of D-1 basketball?

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
For one the 2001 team didn't play bosh i believe that was in 03 perk senior yr and yates whole starting five went on to receive D-1 scholarships and are currently playing in college and not to mention how easily Yates won states those two years there was no competition in 4a for them

[quote name="ozensfinest" post="1196251" timestamp="1331585914"]
[quote author=SHS_Mayor link=topic=97377.msg1196015#msg1196015 date=1331540956]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
For one the 2001 team didn't play bosh i believe that was in 03 perk senior yr and yates whole starting five went on to receive D-1 scholarships and are currently playing in college and not to mention how easily Yates won states those two years there was no competition in 4a for them
[/quote]

Might be off topic...but I remember Perk's senior year he was taking threes at the state tournament. Had a me and a lot of other people really scratching our heads as to why that was happening. lol.

[quote name="pirateguy" post="1196257" timestamp="1331587344"]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=97377.msg1196251#msg1196251 date=1331585914]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Might be off topic...but I remember Perk's senior year he was taking threes at the state tournament. Had a me and a lot of other people really scratching our heads as to why that was happening. lol.
[/quote]
Relax...Perk took one three at the end of the fourth out of frustration... ::)

[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=97377.msg1196251#msg1196251 date=1331585914]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

The 2001 team did not play Dallas Lincoln because Lincoln lost to San Antonio Lanier in the semi finals that year...The 2002 Ozen team lost to Lincoln...AND The starting five did NOT receive D-1 scholarships from Yates...Joe Young (Providence then to UH), Brandon Peters (Western Kentucky, then to Lamar PA), and Darius Gardner (SFA)...ozensfinest, WHO are YOU getting your info from??? :o

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1196280" timestamp="1331592095"]
[quote author=pirateguy link=topic=97377.msg1196257#msg1196257 date=1331587344]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Relax...Perk took one three at the end of the fourth out of frustration... ::)

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

The 2001 team did not play Dallas Lincoln because Lincoln lost to San Antonio Lanier in the semi finals that year...The 2002 Ozen team lost to Lincoln...AND The starting five did NOT receive D-1 scholarships from Yates...Joe Young (Providence then to UH), Brandon Peters (Western Kentucky, then to Lamar PA), and Darius Gardner (SFA)...ozensfinest, WHO are YOU getting your info from??? :o
[/quote]
Tell em dickie.  8)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin