Beaumont Central vs. Kingwood Park

stevenash

I don't think it is criticizing, more like antagonizing... And you fall for it all the time.. i do it to you on the political board.. It's sports... The foundation of it is all about talking noise! Don’t go to a Philly vs. Cowboys game, you would be real sick… Philly fans talk about the Cowboys like they never won anything!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="ABSENT!" post="1186622" timestamp="1330355569"]
I am a Jag fan, and I know this, there is NO 20-4A team that will beat nor compete with Yates.  I am so glad that Ned is having a LTrain (football) type run in district over the last two years, but Ned don't get too caught up in it, because we have all had fall to earth experiences (Central & Ozen Included). I do agrre with Dickie, that district Champs only matter in District, who won 24-4A last year?  Exactly!  It is relevant for local talk, but as far as State wide is concerned it is pretty much nothing. In contrast, I think us as fans must fully enjoy every accomplishment no matter how small. So congrats to 20-4A for having the opportunity to put at least one team in the regional tournament... maybe TWO!!!!!  Go Jags!
[/quote]
Good post! That is exactly what this site is about, local programs and their successes (however large or small they may be).

[quote name="ABSENT!" post="1186637" timestamp="1330356110"]
I don't think it is criticizing, more like antagonizing... And you fall for it all the time.. i do it to you on the political board.. It's sports... The foundation of it is all about talking noise! Don’t go to a Philly vs. Cowboys game, you would be real sick… Philly fans talk about the Cowboys like they never won anything!
[/quote]

Then the "antagonizer" should voice no opposition or complain about those who choose to antagonize the antagonizer, right?  The team that I follow is not the one that is being antagonized, so your advice is not beneficial to me.  As for the political board, I dont believe that you or I cry and whine about each other either.

[quote name="ABSENT!" post="1186622" timestamp="1330355569"]
I am a Jag fan, and I know this, there is NO 20-4A team that will beat nor compete with Yates.  I am so glad that Ned is having a LTrain (football) type run in district over the last two years, but Ned don't get too caught up in it, because we have all had fall to earth experiences (Central & Ozen Included). I do agrre with Dickie, that district Champs only matter in District, who won 24-4A last year?  Exactly!  It is relevant for local talk, but as far as State wide is concerned it is pretty much nothing. In contrast, I think us as fans must fully enjoy every accomplishment no matter how small. So congrats to 20-4A for having the opportunity to put at least one team in the regional tournament... maybe TWO!!!!!  Go Jags!
[/quote]Jags in the house! 8)

[quote name="ABSENT!" post="1186665" timestamp="1330357513"]
No we don't whine Nash, but it is pretty fun.. And trust me whe I tell you DV is not whinning... He is at his computer with the biggest grin, trying to work yall up!
[/quote]

Yes it is fun, particularly when those who believe they are the manipulators are being manipulated as well.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1186656" timestamp="1330357023"]
[quote author=ABSENT! link=topic=96684.msg1186622#msg1186622 date=1330355569]
[/quote][b]Jags in the house![/b] 8)
[/quote]

Sorry for hijacking on this thread BUT can Ozen have at least 2 fans on this site, it gets hard trying to defend the Panthers against so many people (especially when I have my own doubts at times lol)....

[quote name="uandme08" post="1186765" timestamp="1330365624"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=96684.msg1186656#msg1186656 date=1330357023]
[/quote]

Sorry for hijacking on this thread BUT can Ozen have at least 2 fans on this site, it's get hard trying to defend the Panthers against so many people (especially when I have my own doubts at times lol)....
[/quote]There are a few of them, but most of them are Football and track guys. 

[quote name="uandme08" post="1186765" timestamp="1330365624"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=96684.msg1186656#msg1186656 date=1330357023]
[/quote]

Sorry for hijacking on this thread BUT can Ozen have at least 2 fans on this site, it gets hard trying to defend the Panthers against so many people (especially when I have my own doubts at times lol)....
[/quote]I'm a [s][s]Hebert[/s][/s] ...errr Ozen fan

[quote name="stevenash" post="1186805" timestamp="1330369424"]
Hj played them in their Christmas tourney and it may have been as close as anyone has played Hj when HJ won the game.  I agree with your Kingwood Park assessment of fundamentally sound and good coaching.  It would be difficult for me, however, to pick a favorite in this game.
[/quote] So NOW you remember that game??? What a hoot! ;D ;D

[quote name="stevenash" post="1187044" timestamp="1330392458"]
I remember the game and the team and never said I didnt.  However, I do remember some other guy saying that I did not see the same game he did because of the score differential at one point in that game.  Is that correct or did I actually say I don't remember the game?
[/quote] OK, so you remembered everything about  the game just not the score as it went along, right? Hilarious. I admire that you don't let those nagging little things others call "facts" stand in your way. BTW, it was the differential thru out 7/8ths of the game that you got wrong, not "at one point."

[quote name="homeless" post="1187097" timestamp="1330394900"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=96684.msg1187044#msg1187044 date=1330392458]
I remember the game and the team and never said I didnt.  However, I do remember some other guy saying that I did not see the same game he did because of the score differential at one point in that game.  Is that correct or did I actually say I don't remember the game?
[/quote] OK, so you remembered everything about  the game just not the score as it went along, right? Hilarious. I admire that you don't let those nagging little things others call "facts" stand in your way. BTW, it was the differential thru out 7/8ths of the game that you got wrong, not "at one point."
[/quote]Are you saying that Kingwood Park led 7/8ths of the game?!?!?

[quote name="stevenash" post="1187150" timestamp="1330397865"]
;D
HJ vs Kingwood Park

10-7 kingwood park after one
30-24 hj at half
40-37 hj after three
62-53 hj final
[/quote]I think HJ took the lead at 13-12 and never relinquished it (maybe even at the 18 point mark midway through the 2nd).  It was close from time to time, but I don't think KP ever held the lead.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder