Nederland vs. Pearland Dawson Game Thread/DAWSON ADVANCES 33-25

WOSgrad

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, that sucks. I don't want to pour salt, but "what if" on the extra points and fieldgoal? I've always said I would rather be blown out than to lose so close. Anyways, great season Big Ned, the Mustangs were pulling for you.  Good news is you have Rains coming back and a few more. Rebuild for next year and hopefully we will keep playing each other.

Nederland is loaded with underclassmen and a great freshmen group, so I think we will see the dogs going deep into the playoffs for a few more years, remember when you get this far you have to have some breaks go your way and the dogs didn't get any tonight.
    Thanks to the seniors for leading this team back to prominance in the region and setting the bar high for next years group. 
  I think this team has 17 to 18 starters coming back, can't wait till next year.

Too many thoughts to post but great game Dogs, you played your hearts out. We needed to play perfectly to win and we didnt. Costly mistakes in big spots killed us. The two false starts are the worst. That shouldnt ever happen on any level. At any rate, Dawson will remember the Nederland Bulldogs.

If you don't have anything positive to say .. don't say anything. Remember these are still high school KIDS!  .. They played their hearts out and deserve to be commended for it .. not be reminded of their mistakes .. They know exactly how they lost the game.  Great years Dogs!!
Come back and get em next year.

[quote name="bulldogdad55" post="1132428" timestamp="1322365269"]
If you don't have anything positive to say .. don't say anything. Remember these are still high school KIDS!  .. They played their hearts out and deserve to be commended for it .. not be reminded of their mistakes .. They know exactly how they lost the game.  Great years Dogs!!
Come back and get em next year.
[/quote]

I totally agree... It is hard enough to lose - dont point out the obvious!!  GREAT SEASON DOGS!!! Everybody in Nederland has something to be proud of - a great season, and a group of young men that are disciplined and ready to take on the world... See ya in 2012!!!

[quote name="football04" post="1132404" timestamp="1322364320"]
    Nederland is loaded with underclassmen and a great freshmen group, so I think we will see the dogs going deep into the playoffs for a few more years, remember when you get this far you have to have some breaks go your way and the dogs didn't get any tonight.
    Thanks to the seniors for leading this team back to prominance in the region and setting the bar high for next years group. 
[/quote]
Exactly...Ive been saying for a while that this is just a prelude to a series of deep runs for Nederland with each one going deeper than the one before up until this freshman class graduates. Great season with lots of extra practices for all those underclassmen.

[quote name="badndn" post="1132493" timestamp="1322368296"]
[quote author=football04 link=topic=92245.msg1132404#msg1132404 date=1322364320]
[/quote]
Exactly...Ive been saying for a while that this is just a prelude to a series of deep runs for Nederland with each one going deeper than the one before up until this freshman class graduates. Great season with lots of extra practices for all those underclassmen.
[/quote]

Great JOB this year!!!!!

Do see the Dogs going deep the next few years.  This is the brightest hope I have seen in a while. 

Dogs will be ranked in pre-season polls.

We have a lot in Nederland to be barking about.  Once again, GREAT SEASON, Dogs of 2011, we will always remember the history you made!!!!!

Nederland has some great athletes, so I don't think we were out athleted (is that a word?). Pearland certainly had a size advantage, but our guys pressured them and opened holes all night. We played well enough to win, but Pearland played better.

Great season Bulldogs. I will proudly wear my district champ shirt everywhere. I will be there next season barking and hollering. Thanks for playing such great football.

Great season Dogs! Would have loved to see Black and Gold Bowl II but it wasn't to be. However, both of us return the bulk of our teams next year and I am looking forward to one heck (soulja will correct if I use hell) of a game in the Boneyard. We both ran into a couple of pretty good senior football teams who deserve a little payback from us collectively next year. Thanks for all the support you gave the Pirates on our quest as well. Way to represent 20-4A!!!

[quote name="kicker" post="1132399" timestamp="1322364139"]
Man, that sucks. I don't want to pour salt, but "what if" on the extra points and fieldgoal? I've always said I would rather be blown out than to lose so close. Anyways, great season Big Ned, the Mustangs were pulling for you.  Good news is you have Rains coming back and a few more. Rebuild for next year and hopefully we will keep playing each other.
[/quote]
We have a 7 defense starters and 8 offense starters coming back... hope it wont be much of a rebuilding year

Great game and great year. We came up a little short against a team with D1 talent, size, and speed at lots of positions. Our senior leaders have been outstanding. Underclassmen have gotten lots of experience this year. All the "experts" expected a blowout in Dawsons favor. They got out of the game with a close win and big scare. Our community as a whole is very proud of you guys. You gave us six more wins this year than last and are in the position to reload and go next year. Hard work in the off season will always pay off. Thanks from the fans!

Proud as heck of this Nederland team...they went down tonight, but not without a fight....Dogs battled and had a chance at the end...proud of these young men for their fight and how they handled themselves in general...congrats to our seniors on a fine year and eagerly look forward to next season with many of these guys coming back

Very proud of this team but dissapointed at the same time that it ended so soon.  Offense did well tonight, especially the passing game.  Defense played a great game also slowing down such a potent offense.  A few more plays on each side of the ball and they could have pulled this one out.  Can't wait until next year, big expectations with all the returning experience!!!

http://yourhoustonnews.mycapture.com/mycapture/folder.asp?event=1368775&CategoryID=1058&ListSubAlbums=0

Sorry yall lost... I so wanted yall to win....Here are some pics that was taken at the game.

Let me start off by saying congrats to the Dogs for an awesome season!! You all fought hard to the last tick. We look forward to watching the Dogs go even further next season. Now let me address my concern. I have been so embarrassed at the fans at these playoff games. These boys work hard all week getting ready for Fridays and Saturdays, the least that we as fans and parents can do is support them. I'm not talking about going to the game...to watch. I'm talking about getting off your butts and on your feet for these kids! On 3rd and 4th downs, inside the red zone, on kickoffs, and any other crucial plays. Even on defense! We have a great defense. They have stopped good offenses time and time again. Now...if you have been on your feet and cheering them on, then I'm not aiming this toward you. Last night I had an 82 year old lady on her feet every time something big was happening. So this is something to consider. Let's turn the Bulldog fans into our own 12th man!! The next time that you go to a Nederland athletic event, think about how good that it would make the team feel if they saw all of us on our feet for them! Again, I say thanks Dogs for a great season!!

Tough to watch our kids lose this game. The Dogs had a much more talented and flat out better team beaten, and could have won it,,, but 5 points given away,,, a Barry Switzer moment, and back to back illegal procedures on a 4th and less than a yard turned 4th and 11,,,, and to Dawsons credit a beautiful bootleg play that left the Dogs secondary in the fetal position sucking their thumbs ,,,, did em in. 

The kids played a fantastic game though, some great defensive stops and some clutch plays on offense to keep drives alive. In hindsight although it felt like we SHOULD have won last night,, really it was an over achievement to get this far and it was yet again a joy to watch another great season with OUR FIRST DC IN OVER 40 YEARS!!, with the best defense we have seen in over a decade.. Next season should be incredible,,  Great season Dogs!! 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder