Nederland vs. Pearland Dawson Game Thread/DAWSON ADVANCES 33-25

WOSgrad

Taunting should draw a flag for unsportsman like conduct every time, If the ref's saw a player taunting another teams coaches it should have been a 15 yd penalty after the half. The UIL needs to take action on taunting and do it this off season, make it clear to the ref's this will not be tolerated whether it is towards a player, a coach or the fans.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="football04" post="1133551" timestamp="1322498756"]
Taunting should draw a flag for unsportsman like conduct every time, If the ref's saw a player taunting another teams coaches it should have been a 15 yd penalty after the half. The UIL needs to take action on taunting and do it this off season, make it clear to the ref's this will not be tolerated whether it is towards a player, a coach or the fans.
[/quote]
The UIL needs to take a look at this seasons officiating period.

[quote name="football04" post="1133551" timestamp="1322498756"]
[/quote]When this becomes acceptable, and evidently encouraged behavior by a coaching staff It makes me wonder why the district administrators tolerate these actions. It sets bad examples for kids whether they're a part of it or witness it.
Someone has their priorities askew. Treat others with respect. Play with class. Win or lose with class. Act like you've been there before. The life lessons in the formative years last a lifetime. Turn great athletes into great citizens, but it's hard to be a positive influence when you condone disrespectful behavior. And todays society wonder why the jails are beyond capacity. Go figure.

I'm not sure where some of you were sitting but most of the Nederland fans were on there feet more than in there seats. The Bulldog crowd was loud and in the game right to the end just like our players. To suggest they need fan lessons is stretching it to find a subject to talk about.

Fan support was better than it has been Saturday,,, but its nowhere near where it used to be. Back in the 97-2003 years I would come home with my ears ringing from all the noise,, It would be literally deafening in the stands,,, especially during the playoffs. I remember Rice stadium one night not being able to hear conversation in the car on the drive home my ears were ringing so badly. It made a huge difference in the performance especially of the defense, we hammered a really great Friendswood team that night. As the fan support died over the years, so did the intensity of the team, especially the defense. There is definitely something to be said for how crowd noise effects emotion and performance of the players.

Nederland had some down years on the field and lost some support in the stands. Just like players learn the old/new offense and use it with success, fans probably learn to be real fans. The parents of whoever are currently participating will be supporting their kids this year, (players, drill team, cheerleaders, and others) may or may not ever attend another game after the kids graduate. I understand this but wish it weren't that way. There were more fans this year than previous several years because the team is winning. Some of us have attended most games for 50  years through the good times and the bad, and are hard core fans because of love for the game. Contrary to some opinions it isn't a good thing to be very loud when your team is on offense. I believe the team is in an upswing talent wise for the next couple or so years and will draw a better crowd. Football from any point of view is an entertainment thing, and people treat it as such. The more entertainment the bigger and louder the crowd. Give the fans a little time watching success and they will come around.

[quote name="NDOMAKONG" post="1134082" timestamp="1322533923"]
Okay, I think it's pretty unanimous DHS, Nederland fans think you have a very talented team, but they have absolutely ZERO respect for your kids or your coach.  Unfortunate for such a talented team, but it is what you've made it.  Good luck against Angleton.
[/quote]

Because of that one play? Damn yall would hate our district LMAO

[quote name="dhseagle11" post="1134094" timestamp="1322535014"]
[quote author=NDOMAKONG link=topic=92245.msg1134082#msg1134082 date=1322533923]
Okay, I think it's pretty unanimous DHS, Nederland fans think you have a very talented team, but they have absolutely ZERO respect for your kids or your coach.  Unfortunate for such a talented team, but it is what you've made it.  Good luck against Angleton.
[/quote]

[/quote]
With all the talent and solid team, they need to let their play do the talking. It called "class". I would think the kids would want to be remembered by their play not their taunting. I would never let any player I coached act like or they would be on the bench. They should understand at this age they represent their community and school. So if it is tolerated then it accepted by the school, coaches, and community. Good luck

[quote name="Bulldog8" post="1134157" timestamp="1322539736"]
[quote author=dhseagle11 link=topic=92245.msg1134094#msg1134094 date=1322535014]
[quote author=NDOMAKONG link=topic=92245.msg1134082#msg1134082 date=1322533923]
[/quote]

[/quote]
With all the talent and solid team, they need to let their play do the talking. It called "class". I would think the kids would want to be remembered by their play not their taunting. I would never let any player I coached act like or they would be on the bench. They should understand at this age they represent their community and school. So if it is tolerated then it accepted by the school, coaches, and community. Good luck
[/quote]

ditto ;D ;D

[quote name="Michael" post="1133447" timestamp="1322489846"]
[quote]Quote from: forum on November 27, 2011, 04:01:53 PM
Quote from: Michael on November 27, 2011, 03:31:06 PM
First, it's an opinion so who cares who agrees... 

I just felt like the offense has struggled to find itself all season. Been watching high school football a long time and most 11-1 teams have stout defense (which the Dogs had until they slumped from the lumberton game on until last week) and if not a high functioning offense at least a methodical consistently productive offense. Our offense never really found a rythm all season. Blocking was not great, play calling was well, not great and there was too many situations where they were buried on third down and then somehow converted in desperate situations... That's not how truly great teams get it done.. They are methodical, and they know exactly what their game plan is and they control the pace of the game. That was never the case, we were always playing to get out of trouble. I've seen what a well oiled offensive machine looks like and the Dogs, although they played well, have a long way to go to be unbeatable in the playoffs. we are close, but not there yet. Something's gonna have to change for the better offensvely to win the whole thing. Defensively, we are close too, just stop giving up those big plays and you are as good as any defense in the state.
Give me a team with that kind of defense and I'll predict them to go 3 deep into the playoffs every year. Calling it an over-achievement would be selling that team short of how good they were.
I agree with you Forum. I guess Michael's expectations were too low and dont know the players on the team. I knew this group would be very good. But like he said about another post... "First, it's an opinion so who cares who agrees...  "[/quote]

I dont think the defense overachieved, but because of the offenses inability to [b][i]consistantly[/i][/b] move the ball without heavily relying on big plays and some very lucky moments to get them out of 3rd or 4th and long situations I would say they over achieved. They got it done and I was super excited for them, but with such talent on offense all the returning starters for next year I bet you see a lot more definite ball control and more 3rd and shorts to convert, and less of the breathless moments where the ball is being thrown from 3rd and 10+ into double and triple coverage where a little skill and a LOT of luck saved us about half of the time and the other half the ball was intercepted. Thats no slight against Carson, I thought he did a great job of managing impossible situations that he was put into by some interesting play calls that put him into 3rd and a mile. Kudos to him for making it happen in impossible sitautions.
[/quote]
Team game. Plain and simple.

[quote name="babyface26" post="1133462" timestamp="1322492300"]
[quote author=Buzz link=topic=92245.msg1132700#msg1132700 date=1322404419]
Let me start off by saying congrats to the Dogs for an awesome season!! You all fought hard to the last tick. We look forward to watching the Dogs go even further next season. Now let me address my concern. I have been so embarrassed at the fans at these playoff games. These boys work hard all week getting ready for Fridays and Saturdays, the least that we as fans and parents can do is support them. I'm not talking about going to the game...to watch. I'm talking about getting off your butts and on your feet for these kids! On 3rd and 4th downs, inside the red zone, on kickoffs, and any other crucial plays. Even on defense! We have a great defense. They have stopped good offenses time and time again. Now...if you have been on your feet and cheering them on, then I'm not aiming this toward you. Last night I had an 82 year old lady on her feet every time something big was happening. So this is something to consider. Let's turn the Bulldog fans into our own 12th man!! The next time that you go to a Nederland athletic event, think about how good that it would make the team feel if they saw all of us on our feet for them! Again, I say thanks Dogs for a great season!!
[/quote]

AWESOME POST!!  I actually had someone tell us to SIT DOWN after we stopped them on the 1 and had a 50 yard return!! UM we are not at home sitting on the couch get off your butt and cheer for our boys!!!! Can't wait until next year!  GO DOGS
[/quote]

Your enthusiasm is appreciated, but in some instances for our fans, they can't cheer for our team as if they were in their 20's again.  I am speaking for our elderly DOG fans.  I saw a woman that kept standing through plays and cheering, which personally I don't see anything wrong with that....but this older guy asked her to sit down so they could see and she responded with all kind of rude remarks and faces.  The guy probably asked for the elderly man sitting next to him.  This woman was embarassing.  We had people from other schools there to watch us and were sitting around us to see this Nederland fan acting like that......just plain embarassing. Geeze, everyone at the game was cheering, but for some individuals, I guess cheering isn't enough for them.  I for one think our fanbase has been great, we show support in numbers for everygame.  We are known for our following to the games....just ask any other team we have played. GREAT TEAM this year, enjoyed every minute of it and can't wait until next season.  GREAT JOB DOGS!

probably a fan that never goes to a game unless it's playoff time, should have told him if he didnt like leave [quote name="DOGS1988" post="1134499" timestamp="1322589389"]
[quote author=babyface26 link=topic=92245.msg1133462#msg1133462 date=1322492300]
[quote author=Buzz link=topic=92245.msg1132700#msg1132700 date=1322404419]
Let me start off by saying congrats to the Dogs for an awesome season!! You all fought hard to the last tick. We look forward to watching the Dogs go even further next season. Now let me address my concern. I have been so embarrassed at the fans at these playoff games. These boys work hard all week getting ready for Fridays and Saturdays, the least that we as fans and parents can do is support them. I'm not talking about going to the game...to watch. I'm talking about getting off your butts and on your feet for these kids! On 3rd and 4th downs, inside the red zone, on kickoffs, and any other crucial plays. Even on defense! We have a great defense. They have stopped good offenses time and time again. Now...if you have been on your feet and cheering them on, then I'm not aiming this toward you. Last night I had an 82 year old lady on her feet every time something big was happening. So this is something to consider. Let's turn the Bulldog fans into our own 12th man!! The next time that you go to a Nederland athletic event, think about how good that it would make the team feel if they saw all of us on our feet for them! Again, I say thanks Dogs for a great season!!
[/quote]

AWESOME POST!!  I actually had someone tell us to SIT DOWN after we stopped them on the 1 and had a 50 yard return!! UM we are not at home sitting on the couch get off your butt and cheer for our boys!!!! Can't wait until next year!  GO DOGS
[/quote]

Your enthusiasm is appreciated, but in some instances for our fans, they can't cheer for our team as if they were in their 20's again.  I am speaking for our elderly DOG fans.  I saw a woman that kept standing through plays and cheering, which personally I don't see anything wrong with that....but this older guy asked her to sit down so they could see and she responded with all kind of rude remarks and faces.  The guy probably asked for the elderly man sitting next to him.  This woman was embarassing.  We had people from other schools there to watch us and were sitting around us to see this Nederland fan acting like that......just plain embarassing. Geeze, everyone at the game was cheering, but for some individuals, I guess cheering isn't enough for them.  I for one think our fanbase has been great, we show support in numbers for everygame.  We are known for our following to the games....just ask any other team we have played. GREAT TEAM this year, enjoyed every minute of it and can't wait until next season.  GREAT JOB DOGS!
[/quote]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder