Bridge City @ WOS who you got?

Bridge City @ WOS who you got?  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Bridge City @ WOS who you got?

• Bridge City
    • West Orange Stark

[quote name="skipper" post="1086077" timestamp="1318873772"]
TD what the heck are you talking about this is NOT the first time wo-s has had a closed practice and you know that like others READ MY LIPS (NO BIG DEAL HERE) i am NOT trying to be a smart A - - about this
[/quote][quote author=skipper link=topic=89886.msg1086090#msg1086090 date=1318874391]
oh and by the way dallas there is no law on here that says that myself like others on here cant come on and repet what someone has said ok .if all this is true  its a good move on coach thompson part to try and get things done
[/quote]

Ouch!! Sounds like we have some "tighty whities" in a double knot!!  :o

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote author=skipper link=topic=89886.msg1086090#msg1086090 date=1318874391]
oh and by the way dallas there is no law on here that says that myself like others on here cant come on and repet what someone has said ok .if all this is true  its a good move on coach thompson part to try and get things done
[/quot

Absolutely no law against it at all. However, it is a good reason to close practice.

[quote name="skipper" post="1086077" timestamp="1318873772"]
TD what the heck are you talking about this is NOT the first time wo-s has had a closed practice and you know that like others READ MY LIPS (NO BIG DEAL HERE) i am NOT trying to be a smart A - - about this
[/quote]

If it's no big deal why are you asking the question? Look Sammy, you are the one that comes on here and tells everything you see and hear at practice and then just can't figure out why in the world coach would close his practices.

[quote name="Papa Eusoj" post="1086443" timestamp="1318897175"]
BC will have a hard time scoring against WOS's defense, just like they did to the Tigers!

WOS - 26
BC - 14
[/quote]

Just in general I am not seeing how folks are getting 26 points on Bridge City's Defense.  WOS is struggling offensively and Bridge City has been extremely effective on defense. It should be a recipe for a low score by WOS; however, I just don't follow the logic of how someone would pick that many points against the Bridge City defense.

I look for a low scoring game. Both defenses are very good. Silsbee came in averaging about 30 points a game, shutout. I know the QB got hurt but the back up was a very good athlete. BC's defensive backfield is as solid as any team I've seen this year, rank with Vidor's.

I think the key to winning the game for WOS is the offensive line. If they can win the line of scrimmage, which Silsbee didn't do, they have a good chance to win this game.

[quote name="kicker" post="1085887" timestamp="1318861526"]
[quote author=Gasilla link=topic=89886.msg1085861#msg1085861 date=1318860447]
[quote author=Kville_Kats link=topic=89886.msg1085852#msg1085852 date=1318859909]
Not taking anything away from Bridge City..I think they are a solid team..But somewhere down the line WO-S will wake up..And I think this is the game it may happen in..I gotta go with the Mustangs..I don't predict scores but I believe WO-S will win this one...Good Luck To Both Teams..
[/quote]

They better wake up or BC will make history this week.
[/quote]

Gas, call me. Have info for you.
[/quote]

I've tried calling you twice and your not answering... WTH?

[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="1086532" timestamp="1318903071"]
I look for a low scoring game. Both defenses are very good. Silsbee came in averaging about 30 points a game, shutout. I know the QB got hurt but the back up was a very good athlete. BC's defensive backfield is as solid as any team I've seen this year, rank with Vidor's.

I think the key to winning the game for WOS is the offensive line. [b]If they can win the line of scrimmage, which Silsbee didn't do[/b], they have a good chance to win this game.
[/quote]

So based on these stats, just who did win the line of scrimmage in the BC/Silsbee game?

Silsbee Bridge City
Total yards                   249  190
First downs                     15 11
Rushes/Yds                 33/150 33/133
Average rush           4.54 4.03
Comp/Atts                 14/32/6 15/7/0
Pass yards                     99 57

Silsbee ran 64 total plays, BC 48. Both teams averaged right at 4 yards per play.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1086576" timestamp="1318905195"]
[quote author=adminbaberuth link=topic=89886.msg1086532#msg1086532 date=1318903071]

I think the key to winning the game for WOS is the offensive line. [b]If they can win the line of scrimmage, which Silsbee didn't do[/b], they have a good chance to win this game.
[/quote]

So based on these stats, just who did win the line of scrimmage in the BC/Silsbee game?

Silsbee Bridge City
Total yards                   249  190
First downs                     15 11
Rushes/Yds                 33/150 33/133
Average rush           4.54 4.03
Comp/Atts                 14/32/6 15/7/0
Pass yards                     99 57

Silsbee ran 64 total plays, BC 48. Both teams averaged right at 4 yards per play.
[/quote]

Not trying to stir anything up here but do you have any stats on plays that resulted in 0 or negative yards for both teams? It seemed like Silsbee was in 3rd and long all night (some of that was a result of penalties also) and that BC's defensive line was constantly in their backfield. Now to Silsbee's credit they did make a ton of conversions on those long yardage situations but you must admit the BC defense spent a lot of time in the Silsbee backfield, much more than any of us could have probably imagined if the truth were told. Both Silsbee QB's did a great job of scrambling away from constant pressure. Drake made several great escapes and had to throw the ball away. I think that's what Admin is referring to. Silsbee did outgain BC in the stats and in time of posession, no disputing that. BC gambled a ton on blitzes and played a little bit of "risk/reward" defense. Sometimes the risk worked as they pressured the QB or stuffed Spearman, other times they got beat. I don't even want to remember the 2nd and 25's or 3rd and 15's that they converted and made look easy. Wow!!

Rake1

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1086674" timestamp="1318913703"]
All I know is, according to the stats from the 21-3A statistician, Silsbee sacked BC 2 times and had 7 tackles for loss. BC sacked Silsbee 1 time and had 5 tackles for loss.
[/quote]

Fair enough. It's ashame you can't get the "pro style" stats with "hurries and knockdowns" because I bet that would shed some more light on what Admin is saying.

IMO,the WO-S "Wake Up"...will come Saturday morning,when they try to figure out how B.C. came into Hooks Stadium,and handed them an upset!!!...B.C. is a team that knows exactly who they are right now as a team,and it seems like the Mustangs are having trouble finding their identity...So I'm going with the Cards in this one...GOOD LUCK to both teams....from a Old school Mustang,and a New school Cardinal :) :)

[quote name="Rake1" post="1086675" timestamp="1318913852"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=89886.msg1086674#msg1086674 date=1318913703]
All I know is, according to the stats from the 21-3A statistician, Silsbee sacked BC 2 times and had 7 tackles for loss. BC sacked Silsbee 1 time and had 5 tackles for loss.
[/quote]

Fair enough. It's ashame you can't get the "pro style" stats with "hurries and knockdowns" because I bet that would shed some more light on what Admin is saying.
[/quote]

I know some teams do these type of stats but it comes off of game film and not shared. For game nights it is a one man crew trying to just keep up with the stats required to turn in to the regional statistician. 

[quote name="Critter" post="1086711" timestamp="1318935906"]
On a different note:... both the 7th grade teams will also meet with undefeated records on Thursday at wos... Just thought people would like to know.... These are two young and talented squads.
[/quote]

Very excited about this game!!

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1086674" timestamp="1318913703"]
[/quote]

I think the telling stat is the 6 int's.For BC to only win by 6 points with that many oppertunities I would say that Silsbee did a pretty good job on defense also.BC has a good defense also but under those conditions I would say that Silsbee played the better defensive game.
Now BC is going to face another good defensive team which has the ablity to shut them down as did Silsbee.From where I sit we could very well see BC/Silsbee part two in next weeks game.Unless one team just falls apart I don't see a lot of scoring in this one.Should be a great game and both teams better bring their A game.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder