Bridge City @ WOS who you got?

192 members have voted

1. 1. Bridge City @ WOS who you got?

• Bridge City
    • West Orange Stark

[quote name="Paratrooper" post="1085616" timestamp="1318816561"]
I can say this about WOS.  This is honestly the first Cardinal team that goes into the BC/WOS game where [b]BC is the favorite[/b].  HOWEVER, I do think the Mustangs are still a very dangerous team and always has the firepower to ignite.  I really don't see how you played Nederland so close in week 1 and 7 weeks later it has come to this.  However, WOS is one team that can always beat you.
[/quote]

Not sure about BC being the favorite, maybe more like a comparable or equal opponent. Yes the records are different but just like other sports you are always the champ until someone beats you. So far that's only been done 1 time by a district foe in how many years?? A reasonable observation may be more like 2 teams that "appear" to be headed in different directions. At this point and time BC is on the upswing after a hard earned victory while WOS is still trying find some consistency and become the team we all expected to see.

[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=89886.msg1085621#msg1085621 date=1318816695]
[quote author=Paratrooper link=topic=89886.msg1085616#msg1085616 date=1318816561]
I can say this about WOS.  This is honestly the first Cardinal team that goes into the BC/WOS game where BC is the favorite.  HOWEVER, I do think the Mustangs are still a very dangerous team and always has the firepower to ignite.  I really don't see how you played Nederland so close in week 1 and 7 weeks later it has come to this.  However,[b] WOS is one team that can always beat you.[/b]
[/quote]

And in this case, [b]WILL[/b] always beat you.  ;) ;D (couldn't resist)
[/quote]

That's just dirty AAW! And quit putting those dang smiley faces on every reply!!!

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly don't think that any WO-S fan hates BC. I hate to say this but when you beat us a couple of times then we might hate you (I mean this sincerely, and not to put anyone down). I think we all  know you just can't turn it on for the playoffs, it is something you have to build up to. It's a little late to build up to that.

I will say one thing though, if your a Mustang player not giving all you got, all your doing is disrespecting what Reggie stood for and everyone that has played for the school before you. Not only do the individual players deserve better, but your teammates deserve better, and Reggie's memory deserves better. If you don't care, you shouldn't be playing in the first place.

this well be a good game all the talk this year sounds like the talk from last year between these two teams. as most of you can remember the kids from wo-s were haveing a hard time with a new QB  and a some what young team. this is a new year and bridge city is still playing good football  like thay did last year at this time. we will just haft to sit back and see what going to happen with the new look from wo-s and see if it work are not good luck to both teams and  PLEASE dont forget to tell your familey everyday how much you love them    PS sorry for the spelling

I think this game depends on which team shows up. Nothing against Orangefield but they are a one dimensional football team. They run the ball 98% of the time and the one time I remember them passing against WO-S Da'Carlos Renfro brought it back for a pick 6.

If WO-S doesn't get that play from Renfro they might have lost to the Bobcat's.

The offense for the Mustang's as struggled most of the season and BC is pretty good on defense.

If Menard has a good game for the Cardinals I can see a upset this Friday and I'll be at this game.

I think BC's offense does just enough to win a close game. 17-10 Redbirds.

[quote name="Rake1" post="1085691" timestamp="1318821025"]
[quote author=Paratrooper link=topic=89886.msg1085616#msg1085616 date=1318816561]
I can say this about WOS.  This is honestly the first Cardinal team that goes into the BC/WOS game where [b]BC is the favorite[/b].  HOWEVER, I do think the Mustangs are still a very dangerous team and always has the firepower to ignite.  I really don't see how you played Nederland so close in week 1 and 7 weeks later it has come to this.  However, WOS is one team that can always beat you.
[/quote]

Not sure about BC being the favorite, maybe more like a comparable or equal opponent. Yes the records are different but just like other sports you are always the champ until someone beats you. So far that's only been done 1 time by a district foe in how many years?? A reasonable observation may be more like 2 teams that "appear" to be headed in different directions. At this point and time BC is on the upswing after a hard earned victory while WOS is still trying find some consistency and become the team we all expected to see.

[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=89886.msg1085621#msg1085621 date=1318816695]
I can say this about WOS.  This is honestly the first Cardinal team that goes into the BC/WOS game where BC is the favorite.  HOWEVER, I do think the Mustangs are still a very dangerous team and always has the firepower to ignite.  I really don't see how you played Nederland so close in week 1 and 7 weeks later it has come to this.  However,[b] WOS is one team that can always beat you.[/b]
[/quote]

And in this case, [b]WILL[/b] always beat you.  ;) ;D (couldn't resist)
[/quote]

That's just dirty AAW! And quit putting those dang smiley faces on every reply!!!
[/quote]

I was just having a little fun and basically going off the history of this series. 21-0 all time in favor of WOS is not a case of "can" beat you but "will" beat you. ;) ;D

I will stop though as it seems to be upsetting a few folks. ;)

(though I can't see where I have posted on every thread about BC and talked bad about them) ::)

Again, I got WOS winning 21-7.

This game can go either way.BC coming off a great defensive game against Silsbee and WO-S coming off two lackluster performances.Should be low scoring and probably be decided by turnovers which is not good for WO-S considering their track record in this catorgory.Due to their preformance lately( wo-s ) a BC when will not be an upset IMO.Should be a good game and hope my Stangs can squeak out a win.

[quote name="Kville_Kats" post="1085852" timestamp="1318859909"]
Not taking anything away from Bridge City..I think they are a solid team..But somewhere down the line WO-S will wake up..And I think this is the game it may happen in..I gotta go with the Mustangs..I don't predict scores but I believe WO-S will win this one...Good Luck To Both Teams..
[/quote]

They better wake up or BC will make history this week.

[quote name="Gasilla" post="1085861" timestamp="1318860447"]
[quote author=Kville_Kats link=topic=89886.msg1085852#msg1085852 date=1318859909]
Not taking anything away from Bridge City..I think they are a solid team..But somewhere down the line WO-S will wake up..And I think this is the game it may happen in..I gotta go with the Mustangs..I don't predict scores but I believe WO-S will win this one...Good Luck To Both Teams..
[/quote]

They better wake up or BC will make history this week.
[/quote]

Gas, call me. Have info for you.

Bridge City
76 (68.5%)
West Orange Stark
35 (31.5%)
No worries. At 4-3 the Mustangs deserve to be the under-dawg in this one. I have NO problem with that, nor should WO-S. Adds more fuel to the fire and stoke those HOT coals just ready to ignite!  ;)

[quote name="skipper" post="1085932" timestamp="1318864435"]
WHY is wo-s haveing a closed practice this week :( this was told to me on facebook lastnight whats going on looks like coach thompson is takeing up some of dan hooks  tricks  hummmmmmmmmm.i just cant understand why he would close the practice to the public
[/quote]

The answer seems so simple to me. You come on here and repeat everything you hear and see at practice.

[quote name="skipper" post="1085932" timestamp="1318864435"]
WHY is wo-s haveing a closed practice this week :( this was told to me on facebook lastnight whats going on looks like coach thompson is takeing up some of dan hooks  tricks  hummmmmmmmmm.i just cant understand why he would close the practice to the public
[/quote]
Unless you're anything other than a student athlete, trainer etc. or employee of WOCCISD, no one should be in attendance at practice. Coach T. is doing the right thing here. My opinion.

[quote name="OrangeFBfan" post="1085989" timestamp="1318866667"]
[quote author=skipper link=topic=89886.msg1085932#msg1085932 date=1318864435]
[/quote]
Unless you're anything other than a student athlete, trainer etc. or employee of WOCCISD, no one should be in attendance at practice. Coach T. is doing the right thing here. My opinion.
[/quote]

Couldn't agree more!

[quote name="td" post="1085991" timestamp="1318866876"]
[quote author=OrangeFBfan link=topic=89886.msg1085989#msg1085989 date=1318866667]
[quote author=skipper link=topic=89886.msg1085932#msg1085932 date=1318864435]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Couldn't agree more!
[/quote]

Ditto!  Time to keep the BS out (even if it is coming from this board).

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder